Problems loading Crossfire after install

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• I have just done a fresh install of freelancer and have followed the instructions on installing crossfire but when i go to open crossfire it just endlessly loads and doesn't open the launcher!!! I really want to play it again but i can't see a fix. Please help me

• Please look to FAQ here on portal, then into Bugtracker/Crossfire and also here in technical problem section. What exactly is error message saying? I'm sure you will find solutions on places mentioned in this my post earlier. ...will try post links when get to my pc.

(infinite loop - files are missing or write protected)

Edit by
    One trouble linked with antivirus messing with mod files is here: Having issues launching Crossfire 2.0

• Also try starting it NOT from the desktop icon, but from inside the Freelancer EXE folder - ofc afer removing write protection AND running as administrator ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Now the launcher is saying that DACOM.dll is missing. i have done exactly what is meant to be done and it still doesnt work. i have tried running the game from every directory possible

• if its missing you should try to figure out which tool on your pc removed that file (it is an original file from FL)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It was from our experience every case antivirus, reason why is in faq suggested add FL and FLMM folders into antivirus exception list

• "dacom.dll" is part of the EXE folder of the original game already. (Did you try to start the vanilla Freelancer at least one time to get to its main menue ?)

1. possibility :
    Your U(ser)A(ccount)C(ontrol) and other security software (Antivirus, Firewall) didn't let you install the vanilla Freelancer properly (even though it's microsoft, their OS "don't know" Freelancer anymore as a microsoft product -> it's ooold ;) )
    2. possibility :
    Your U(ser)A(ccount)C(ontrol) and other security software (Antivirus, Firewall) didn't let FLMM change the "fresh" Freelancer installation (forgot to remove "write protection" on one of the folders perhaps also)

In every case I'm afraid your installation is corrupted by now, means you have to do the de-(re-installation shuffle again, M8. :|

Please follow the instructions given in post#4 of the link martind gave in post'7 here.
    ( If you run win 7, then just skip the part with "compatibiliy mode" )
    ... and run the "freelancer.exe" the first time from inside the Freelancer installation folder in "Programs(x86)".

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• The mod manager comes up with this in the log when it opens
    Unable to load mod!
    Error: problem while searching mod directory for files. Possible cause: >50 dll's
    Found mod: D:\Games\Freelancer\Mod Manager\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire
    --------------------

• solid mess with folders placement. If are not used default paths (which is good ONLY for ppl which know what are doing) , then it may look:

D:/Freelacer (where is first installed vanilla and next is here activated crossfire mod)

D:/Freelacer mod manager/mods/Freelancer 2 - Crossfire (where are mod files installed by mod installer - Crossfire20setup.exe ). Flmm take files from here during mod activation.

• I am a bit puzzles Blaze ... 8|
    In your 2nd post you said the launcher shows up, whhat's only possible if it's activated by FLMM

Now you say FLMM doesn't activate CF at all ... ?(
    ... and it looks like your installation is - again ? - messed up. => all anew

Please take these guides [xattach=5105][/xattach][xattach=5106][/xattach]
    and - PLZ - follow them without abberation.
    Also check the size of your download, as stated in pt 2. Could be that your download was corrupted already.

• I have now freshly installed it all to default directories and it is working as it should so far....I am up to updating the launcher which seems to be going smoothly at the moment. I only have v1.9 because i couldnt find the 2.0 download place. I am waiting for the full release of 2.0 before i download it

• Crossfire 1.9 is not supported anymore - therefore :
    NO WORKING LAUNCHER UPDATE !!

Dear Blaze : reading helps, here are some links you COULD have come across
    Crossfire 2.0
    already the starting post
    Crossfire 2.0 Beta released news - Mod DB
    at amore ... public place.

And for download
    https://swat-portal.com/forum/index.php/wcf/faq/
    the 2nd entry from above. However READING also the other entries there and looking after the links mentioned in them
    IS KIGHLY RECOMMENDED ;)
    After the download just follow the Installation guide given in my post above.

The Singleplay works perfectly as intended.

The Multiplay Server is up and running and absulutly playable (and THAT wiht much of FUN :D )
    TBH there are still a few bugs and not all features are activated yet, but ... work on that proceeds ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Sorry, I could not resist :patsch:

https://swat-portal.com/forum/index.php/wcf/faq/

ALL LINKS AND ALL instructions there about WHERE to get Crossfire 2.0 and HOW to install it. Version 1.9 is no longer supported and will get corrupt in the same moment when are downloaded updates (which are for version 2.0). This link was given 1000+ times and still someone can really surprise :threeeyes:

• It has done everything i have followed all instructions but now when the game launches it crashes before start menu. i have already tried deleting the restart.fl thingo as said in FAQ but still not working. i used to have crossfire working but i needed to do a fresh install but now it wont work

• WHICH Crossfire mod version you are working with ?? (1.9 OR 2.0?????)

From 30 min ago you are definitly NOT able to download CF 2.0 as mentioned above
    AND
    do the necessary de-/reinstallation shuffle.

DO IT

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon ().