Fighter Turret with Projectile Speed of 600

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Original.

• Hi,

I am wondering why there is no Turret with Speed of 600. Basically more speed is better, but since crosshair is related to the weapon with highest projectile speed makes sense to align weapons according to their projectile speed.

Turrets have mostly projectile speed of 700, some 750 and some few 500/650. There is none with 600!

I actually would like to go for some of the MKII or Nomad weapons together with a Komodo dragon ship, but the advantage of two additional turrets is in vain since there is only one weapon what will match the turret speed o 700 and these are all only buy-able weapons.

So combination of Nomad/MKII weapons with Turrets does not make sense at all which is pretty sad. Is there a change for this in Crossfire 2.0?

I am checking this since nearly my whole character is gone after patch 2.0 I have to start from scratch and until I Will be able to go to Altair fpr my old setup of Cyclone/4xCG will be weeks.

Edited once, last by ramses ().

• I may suggest use Turrets with speed 750 and 4x Ancient Energy Cannon

• But getting 4x Ancient Energy Cannon by using Sirius "standard" weaponry ... HARD PIECE OF WORK :eeeek::tot:

Maybe another option :
    there are also some turrets with speed 500
    they might not be of much use in moving dogfight
    but
    npcs have the habbit to fly for some time quite straight away from you,
    if you position yourself to their six in that moment
    the turrets add to yout main guns in firing straight ahead to hammer them down. :00007991:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Good suggestion Forlon for an estiablished figher, but this is a starters problem :)
    When you are too weak to go podding in Texas there is no way to kill an Ancient Drone in Dervon.

Just stumbled over this lack of correlation when I did some excel analysis.
    Using MkII weapons from wrecks or killing Nomads is good source of reasonable weapons but no real sense of combining this with a fighter with turrets.

• Btw, I found the "error".

It is the Salamanca Turret.

For the weapons all standard neutron weapons travel with 600 m/s ( except the Battleship derived projector cannon ), but the neutron turret is travelling with 700.

But projectile travelling speed should be based on technology, on the device in comes from, or?
    Little differences come from the origin of faction, but also Salamanca Turret I get from killing Outcast, so origin is same and therefore also weapon statistics should be same.

Can you please review this?

• You have the "same" on lower lvel weapons, i.e.
    Stealthblade Mk I (700) and Stealthblade Turret MK I (800)
    Azrael (750) and Zaphiel Turret (700)

Just let us assume, that Turret technology is "different" from mounted gun technology.
    The "main principles" used might be the same, but due to diferent "beam guiding coils",
    "frequency actuators", "energy redirection managment" and other tech-babbel they have
    different speeds :)

Don't they look totally different also ? ;)

(Btw, you have the same in vanilla, these low level weapons are NOT changed.)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• If you use proper flux-compensator and coherent beam resonator it for sure works :)

I also see that for Skyblast B it is same problem, 700/750. But main problem remains that there is no reasonable turret at all which can be combined with any MKII and Nomad weapons.

• In that you're unfortunatly right, RAMSES. All I can add to my proposal above, try Firekiss Turret.
    Wait, found one : Pyros Type 2 Turret speed 600, range 600, rof 4, 145 hull damage per shot
    Not much, but maybe a bit of an addition.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Yeah it is not changed, but also we are not using same Freelancer here, or ? ;)

Just an idea about improvement.

Mainly people lateron will use sophisticated weapons like CG, PPC or Ancient/Alien weapons (Propulsor), so in the long run complains are few since all will end up with different weapons, but I think this change would bring more differentiation and would be nice to see also this more often in space.

Firekiss is not an option, will not hit most of the times so not really worth spending the energy.

• Good suggestion Forlon for an estiablished figher, but this is a starters problem :)
    When you are too weak to go podding in Texas there is no way to kill an Ancient Drone in Dervon.

there is a simple solution: call me, when u see me in space, i'll give u some nice Ancient guns (collected in events) from |EM|store in Arena:thumbsup:

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Denne that would at least for me a solution! Will be online today from 18:00 to 20:00, expect my call! Thanks a lot!

• @ denne
    :pupillen: now lootable ??

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• @ denne
    :/ that's saad.
    THAT would have been something : lootable alien turrets :00007991::vinsent::00007970::00007983:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !