SWAT got hacked

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• just about 15mins ago SWAT got hacked
    several functions of the entire portal are not working anymore and seem to be damaged

i dont have much details yet since im at work atm

Update: the damages only seem to be minimal an related to certain users and functions

Update2: the damages have been fixed (for now)... Ill have to investigate on how somebody could cause them and do measurements to prevent similar shit next time

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Any idea who did it and why ?

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• (moved)
    -T

---
    My Rig: Quad 3.0Ghz / 4GB RAM(1300Mhz) / Twin 260GTX SLI / Water cooled (18'C idle, 27'C max load), 1TB HDDs (RAID1) - system noise is less than 20 Decibels (barely audible).

• moved my connectiviy issue to a new thread. Hacked server is obviously not the cause of my problems.
    Thanks,
    -T

---
    My Rig: Quad 3.0Ghz / 4GB RAM(1300Mhz) / Twin 260GTX SLI / Water cooled (18'C idle, 27'C max load), 1TB HDDs (RAID1) - system noise is less than 20 Decibels (barely audible).

• Is there any relevance to the topic ?

Live another day

(\__/)

• I guess here is the answer
    got this mail today:

SWAT Portal‏
    Von: ########@hotmail.com
    Gesendet: Freitag, 06. März 2009 13:27:06
    An: gen1mds@hotmail.com

I told you, mess with my community can you will pay. Do it again and I will destroy everything you have.

not hard to guess who attacked SWAT

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well I'm kinda dense, can you spell it for me anyways ?

Live another day

(\__/)

Originally posted by DiscoveryRulez
    You motherfuckers can't do anything ... Discovery is the best and always will be better than the shit you have created. Your servers will go down. I'll make sure of it.
    I'll rip the heart out of this community even if this is the last thing I will do.

he overloaded the session capacity... but now that should not be possible anymore

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R

he overloaded the session capacity... but now that should not be possible anymore

die haben immernoch nicht begriffen, das es nicht auf jene ankommt, welche meinen *wir sind toll und ach so prima hechte* sondern auf die, welche die community oder das game spielen.

ist was gut gemacht, wirds auch gespielt und die leute bleiben dabei.
    ist was beschissen gemacht, oder hat fehler oder schlechten support oder sonstwas, gehen die leute weg davon.

was nicht gut ist wird nicht gekauft - zählt sowohl in der wirtschaft, als auch im spielerleben ..

ich wünsch denen die sich den schuh anziehen (tolle hechte zu sein) n angenehmen verkehrstod :P

• Stupidass discovery psychos...

Live another day

(\__/)

• Ich schließ mich an! ;)

• ya rly. fanboys imho.

i bet Igiss would like to know about that... btw, they're his mod and his community brethren...

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• Honestly, hacking us. Does he really think that someone couldnt find a flaw in Discovery and bring down their community just the same? It is like terrorist mentality, lets bomb them to show them how we don't like war... ROFL.
    -T

---

• hack 'em back?

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Twist, whatever you may believe, OP doesn't respond back using that stupidass way...

Live another day

(\__/)

• such methods are no option for us

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :evil: freelancer the game is important epecially these great mods and the time to create the mods by special people. the mod creators will deal with the problem the way they see fit.why bring us down to there level with the statement hack them back,two wrongs don,t make it right.support the mod and thats how they will continue on and ignore little boys with nothing better to do with there time

kermit