• Join Crossfire today

Experience a new epic adventure.

Join Crossfire today
  • Star Trek Online

Join the Phoenix Legion

Star Trek Online

Unread News

Jun

How about some vintage French mag scans? Guybrush_SF has you covered! I've also added English translations to make the reviews easier to read. I love the part where they gush about the game's rare beautiful and branching gameplay, but the text is only part of the appeal. It's also always such a fascinating time capsule to look at how an article like this would have been presented more than thirty years ago. We also have previews from each mag in our archive. Find the Gen 4 preview here and Tilt here (though for the Amiga version, so not a direct relationship).

generation4_wc1reviewt.jpggeneration4_wc1review_english1t.jpggeneration4_wc1review_english2t.jpgtilt_wc1review1t.jpgtilt_wc1review1_englisht.jpgtilt_wc1review2t.jpgtilt_wc1review2_englisht.jpg

Jun

Jun

Today we've got a new model to share from Adm_Maverick. The Piranha might not have the cultural gravitas of the Hornet, Ferret or Arrow, but it's a very fun little ship that gets the job done. Its integrated Stormfire cannon is a sweet bonus, and I really like that it has been modeled here on the side of the fuselage. That's a nice touch!

hobbyist_model18t.jpghobbyist_model19t.jpghobbyist_model20t.jpghobbyist_model21t.jpghobbyist_model22t.jpg

I just spent the last (counts)... 14 hours building a model of the F-106 Piranha in Tinkercad. I went some artist interpretation for some details, like the side mounted storm fire and the sensor array on the left side. Over all, I think it turned out well enough.

Jun

Jun

Ever wonder about the callsigns in the Wing Commander TrainSim? They're selected from a bank of options when you start a new game. They include all the wingmen plus SEGALLION, DIBBER, ZORO, GRYPHON, SUTEK and POTSHOT. These are all the callsigns of members of the dev team.

trainsim_compare11t.jpgtrainsim_compare12t.jpgSegallion gets a star system in WC1, too. Sutek was Paul Isaac’s callsign but I’m not sure who the original Segallion was. Learn about the many variants of the TrainSim here!

trainsim_compare5t.giftrainsim_compare6t.gif

Jun

Recent Activities

Unread Threads

1. Topic
    2. Replies
    3. Last Reply
    1. Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content 318

• SWAT_OP-R8R
    2. Replies
      Views
    3. Martind Forlon