Posts by ArchKaine

It works, but it's a little weird for FL. Easier just to use the mouse. It makes the game feel sluggish, is not configurable, and needs a lot of work to actually be usable for gaming.

Just my opinion though, try it out for yourself and see what you think of it.

{UAC}ArchKaine

I wish you luck OP, you're really going to need it. Deep down inside, you're a good guy, but on the surface, you're hard to get along with.

I interpret things as they are written, not as you supposedly "intend". Frankly I don't have any intention to do anything "for SWAT", I'll do things for the overall community.

And for the record: Your empty threats are meaningless.

I tried to show you how to get it working, and offered suggestions, and you refused to listen.

I told you how to solve the problem with MS3D, and you refused all options.

If you can't mod, it's your fault.

Good Day OP,

{UAC}ArchKaine

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    rogue came to me
    rogue wanted to give up that mod
    you were not around

I see that him going to you was a mistake. Anyone else would have offered to help without EXPECTING PAYMENT. Forums are cheap. Especially the good free ones.

Ro9ue was busy with school, and didn't want to give up on the Mod.

I was away due to uncontrolled circumstances, and trying to throw that in my face is just a desperate grasp at straws.

i did spend 2 days working on the forum and the page
    i did publish things for sirex... i made rogue not to give up... i helped him with balancing some of the ships out... i gave him my help when he had questions

Two days? I spent more than a year BEFORE he got involved with you, working with him on SirEx and other projects. Two days is nothing.

Yes, you published some things for SirEx, and that was appreciated. I'm also glad you talked to him about not letting the project go. But, the project is still his, and mine, not yours. I never agreed to let it become a SWAT project, therefore, any agreements are null and void.

The ships in SirEx are not very well balanced, as I've heard repeatedly. He has asked my team and I to help him to go in and properly balance them. But your effort, such as it was, is appreciated. So was your help. You will be credited in SirEx.

rogue agreed to make it a SWAT project
    and now you come to claim such a shit here

See above comment.

i never dictated anything... i just made decisions for myself such as never supporting and helping clans which are involved in other projects outside SWAT

If you say so.

its surprising that when i call for help nobody is there... but every1 does expect that i support them for free

So, I take it you want all modders to pay you now? Not happening.

all willing to help with the SWAT-Portal and its projects are welcome... all others can go to hell

I'll follow you into hell, OP. Until then, I'm not going near the place.

{UAC}ArchKaine

I didn't put SirEx aside. I started working on my mod because I didn't have enough DATA to complete SirEx. There was nothing I could do to change that, so I had no choice.

Now that Ro9ue is back, we're going to do the needed research and get the mods/or mod (in case they're merged), running.

SirEx will be completed, and OP has no worries about me asking him for help, and he should never expect any from me again, either.

Now, I've explained repeatedly about what happened to SirEx, if you're going to bring all that back up, and beat a dead horse, go right ahead, but do not expect me or Ro9ue to respond.

I don't want to be angry, and I don't want anyone else to be angry, I just want it understood that SirEx and SR are independent. I did offer my appreciation for OP's forum use. For that I was appreciative, and so was Ro9ue.

And OP, If you'd tell me what you meant, then I'd appreciate that. If I misunderstood something, I'm sorry.

But, I still will not have either mod controlled by anyone other than the modders involved, meaning: Myself, Ro9ue, Ghost, and Cyb3r. You have contributed no code to my mod, and as far as I know, none to SirEx.

And as for "What's really important"... As far as I know, what's really important to people is their ability to choose where they play, and not have that dictated to them. You don't have the right to make that decision for others OP.

I care about what EVERYONE wants, not just one person. That's one of many reasons I started my project. That's also why I'm building a modding TEAM, so that we can create these ideas, work them out, and get them implemented.

Good Day.
    {UAC}ArchKaine

PS
    Ro9ue and I would have finished the mod in any case.

Excuse me,

BUT, no one "LETS" Ro9ue and I do what we want with OUR mods, period. We do as we damn well please. I have been a member of the SirEx team since its beginning. Long before Ro9ue got involved with you, so don't talk to me about "support". I'm sure that Ro9ue would thank you for the time and space you have provided here, and so do I. But your need to control things is intolerable to me.

Ro9ue and I both created the idea, and he and I both chose the sort of mod we wanted to make. He has done the coding for SirEx, due to my inability at the time just after it was started to access the internet. Now I'm working on a new mod, and Ro9ue and I want to work together on it. There is nothing you can do OP, to change that. There never was, any input you offered was and is taken as a suggestion, NOT an order.

You OP, have absolutely ZERO control over these mods.

Now that that is clear, I still welcome you to SR and SirEx, OP, when they're either both completed, or have been merged, we have yet to decide which to do, as the code bases are very different.

{UAC}ArchKaine

Hmm,

OP, precisely what is it that you consider to be a "mistake"? The fact that I'm building a mod. The fact that SirEx and SR MAY become one mod. The fact that Ghost has effectively had to leave CF. Or perhaps the fact that if SirEx joins with SR, you'll have absolutely no say at all in how it's built?

In any of the cases above, it is not a mistake, despite your opinion. If you choose to feel that way, you don't have to play the mod, or be involved with it in any way. Ro9ue and I are good modders, and Ghost and Cyb3r are learning more every day. So, between the four of us, we're going to build one hell of a mod.

You can either support us as a friend, or let us be. Anything else is just spam. And personally, spam is fake meat.

Good Day.

{UAC}ArchKaine

Heya people,

Dopp, if you need help figuring it out, let me know, and I'll help you out with it. Same with anyone else, just drop me a message on MSN (let me know what it's about), and I'll do what I can :)

Regarding Vista, its memory management internals are different from XP's. Everything is pretty much self-diagnosed and managed. I'll poke around and see what services can be killed safely to help reduce inherent Vista lag in the game (yes, it does lag in the game when running Vista, mainly because Vista runs SO MANY more processes in the background than XP). Don't get me wrong, I like vista, but I use it for programming, not gaming. I use XP for gaming, especially things like FL and BF2 who either run terribly under Vista, or in BF2's case, due to incompatibilities with StarForce under Vista, not at all.

For those wondering, I'm now running Dual boot with XP Pro, and Vista Ultimate Edition. And I've been beta testing Vista since Beta 1.

So, as I said, I'll poke around and see what I can come up with for those of you who are trying to run FL/CF under Vista.

Well, have fun, and good luck :)
    ArchKaine

Originally posted by MarcBomber
    what about a fake ship dropper?

like a mine dropper but it drops mines which look like eagles, shrouds ...

Hmm, this could be doable. I don't see any major roadblocks. But getting it implemented might be a bit of a different story, good luck ;)

or an adv. emp missile that kills nearly every shild and energy on every ship in a 250m radius

Also doable, simply requires increasing the area of effect for the missile itself. But using it might get you into hot water in a close mixed-faction battle. The weapon will hit friendlies as well as enemies. So you'd have to be very careful with it. Say for example that you're in a ASF/CSF battle, and your missile hits and drops the shields on several enemy ships, but also does so to several friendly ships, and then one of your allies gets killed as a result... Not a pleasant side effect. This is one of those weapons that has the potential to alter the outcome of a major battle in literally one shot.

or a second protection shield.
    it replaces the cmd, each time you drop it it makes a hull around you, with 10 000 armor, that will last for1 second than its gone again, refirerate of 5 seconds.
    you cannot be hit by laser weapons, but also you cannot hit others

(shouldn't be for battleships and trains)

Dual shields are possible, but not as a droppable mine or whatever, it'd have to be a second shield mount point. Droppable shields are not likely, and even if they were, their actual usefulness would be limited by the ship's movement.
    The situation is even less likely with droppable armor enhancements. I don't know if that's possible at all.

and what about party weapons, ship, planet/base , very colorfull, big effects
    a bit like in worms *gG* (sheep)

What exactly do you mean by party weapons? Weapons that do no damage but are only for show? A'la fireworks? If so, entirely possible. Though not sure on likelihood of implementation.

Anyway, hope this helped,
    ArchKaine

Originally posted by Coyote08
    i dont have a problem with npc using bats or bots, but i hate the way they fly. they change direction too quickly

Think of it this way: Imagine yourself in the NPCs place... Wouldn't you move and dodge like a lunatic to stay alive? I know I sure would. Also, consider... NPCs only get one "life" per name (ostensibly). So they fight to live. If only they were a little better at it ;)

Oh, and regarding Batts and Bots being used by NPCs. You really do get used to it, and after a while they're as easily killed as non-Batt-or-Bot using NPCs. If you want some real NPC killing lessons, go to Altair and start beating on the Nomads and DK. That'll teach ya ;)

Have fun all,
    ArchKaine

Heya OP,

If you would like another beta tester, please let me know. I've just reinstalled XP and will soon be reinstalling Freelancer. So everything will be in a known good state. I'm ready to rock when you are.

I think my MSN is available here, you're free to add me and contact me. If it's not available here, get it from Dopp.

I'm more than happy to help out as best I can. I'm also a modder of sorts as you may already know, so maybe I can help in other areas too.

Let me know,
    ArchKaine

Hmm,

So, Pluto is a dwarf planet. I wonder. Does that mean that only really short people can live there? :)

I think it was both a shame and a necessity for Pluto to be reclassified, but at least it fits into its niche a bit better. I never really saw it as a terrestrial planet, mainly because as far as anyone knows, it's a rocky iceball, not a true terrestrial planet.

We can look on the bright side though: Pluto IS still a planet, just a planet with "dwarf" prepended to the front (Dwarf-Planet). Maybe it just needs time to grow up. Four point six billion years can't have been long enough ;)

A bit of trivia: Pluto would have been one HELL of a comet, if it were to travel to the inner system. Comet Hyakutake (SP?) would have been (please excuse the pun here) dwarfed by it.

Have fun all ;)
    ArchKaine

Heya OP,

I have to say, very impressive. I can't wait to get into the mod and test out the new toys :)

One question. Do you think the increased visual ranges for some things will increase lag any? That's a lot of additional detail and information to render.

BTW guys, Hyperspace Vortex looks like a system, though I'm not certain. But if I looked at that pic right, I saw either stations or ships (hard to tell at low res of image).

Additionally, I'm betting a lot of people will be happy that the Gat sound bug is fixed. I know I will be :)

Something that I'm shocked that no-one has asked. Have you figured out how to fix the Lagg and the other banned ship's surface damage issues?

Now, one final thing. would you like a few new ships? I can create a few. I also have one made that I think you may like. Though it could use a new skin. Let me know :)

Since SirEx is on hold because Ro9ue has apparently fallen off the planet, I'm itching to try something new with some ships :)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'd be happy to do so :)

ArchKaine

Hey all,

Just a bit of info. Reskinning a ship would not require a character wipe, as skinning info is stored directly in the ship's CMP and MAT files. So, no worries there, even if the ships all turn out to be purple with green polka dots in the next version (though I REALLY hope that doesn't happen).

Have fun, and good luck,
    ArchKaine