o~Tour of Crossfire~o

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tyrael.

• Welcome to the wondrous, fantastic place known as "Crossfire!" Perhaps you're new here, or maybe you've been here much longer than I, but regardless of experience I think you'll find this tour enlightening if not amusing.

Anyway, Crossfire is a mod, true, but 'tis also a planet. Surrounding this hub of economic and military prestige are the systems belonging to CF's clans. Due to tensions between many of these RP-loving factions, people have become a little on-edge to say the least, bickering amongst themselves and even threatening war upon one another at times. To break this norm Ty and I decided to bring you this introduction during the late night since there were so few... um, guards to stop us?

We begin our journey at the Crossfire docks besides Planet Crossfire. Opening the cargo bay of my shroud I suddenly discovered 110 units of stolen Custodian whisky, oh my! 8o Deciding to sample the fine drinks before returning them to Planet Blood, I became eh... somewhat snockered. :D

Traveling up, beyond the magnificent vista over the northern planetary pole and an expansive, sprawling field of asteroids, we come upon a massive array of jump gates. It is a common misunderstanding that one can just barge into any of these systems, but for the sake of this introduction we threw common sense to the air and went all out! Click on the links below to get a peek into what clanspace is really like! :P

*Disclamer: excuse us in advance, it's all in good jest :D*

Daedalus System (LP) - This is what happens when you mess with big business! xD

Casius System (IOC) - Look, don't touch.

Regalis System (TRF) - We barbarians, hear us roar! xP

Tohoku System (DC) - I don't even like Wisconsin ^_~

Neophobos System (UAC) - Like a ninja, I will cling to the shadows, unseen, until my trap is sprung!

Custodian System (BG) - Wait, this feels familiar...

Tarsus System (CFPD) - I don't know who's painted on that sign, but he sure hasn't been meeting his quotas :p

Alaska System (MN) - Sorry about the mess, we got a little excited.

Purian Lake System (FALLEN) - The holy grail of pirate coves.

Well, that concludes our reveiw of Crossfire clanspace. We hope you enjoyed your tour and come again soon. The two of us probably had more fun than you just did, but remember, whether you're new or been here awhile, there's always something to do in Crossfire. A special thanks to all clanleaders in advance for not placing us on KOS lists and to the rest of you for sharing in our experience. We'd like to remind you at this time to never tresspass in clanspace. By showing poor ettiquete we hope that you've learned from our mistakes. :P Have an enjoyable visit and come again soon. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• pssst... cf = not a system... a planet... a planet ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• lol, hic.. BG's whisky is powerful stuff. I'll edit before it's too late. *teeters* ;)

On a more serious note, I can't beleive how easy it is to find something to do on the server. Even in the dead of night when there are fewer than 8 people on one can do all sorts of things. True, we were bored senseless to be compelled to do this, but you should take some time to bathe in the glory of your mod, OP. What you designed is spectacular, but its true greatness is the core of Freelancer itself. The features aren't here to trap the player in storylines and unsatisfying trees of missions and quests, but rather open new doors of possiblity, letting us be unbound in what can be achieved (even if it's screwing around pretending to be drunk for no reason other than to roll on the floor laughing). Nobody can get bored playing this game unless they choose not to do anything. :))

That said, it's 2am and there's no way I'm letting Tyrael keep me up until 3. G'night all. :D

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham
    On a more serious note, I can't beleive how easy it is to find something to do on the server. Even in the dead of night when there are fewer than 8 people on one can do all sorts of things. True, we were bored senseless to be compelled to do this, but you should take some time to bathe in the glory of your mod, OP. What you designed is spectacular, but its true greatness is the core of Freelancer itself. The features aren't here to trap the player in storylines and unsatisfying trees of missions and quests, but rather open new doors of possiblity, letting us be unbound in what can be achieved (even if it's screwing around pretending to be drunk for no reason other than to roll on the floor laughing). Nobody can get bored playing this game unless they choose not to do anything. :))

I remember sometime back you had said that you had got bored as you had done everything that a perosn could do in the World of Crossfire. I have just done a few things more than you have done :P:)):D8) :]

THE FASTEST ONE

• WOOO HOOO !!! :D

Maan it was so fun ^^ I want to do it again :P :P :P

I love the pic in alaska....its funny ^^

i'vent been drunked , but the smell of drakon's whiskey makes me do such a things ^^

Congratz ! :))

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• After some deliberation and conscious effort, I have decided that this thread is the bestest of the forum! :D

Kudos to Tyrael and Marshall for a fun Pic-tionary of our world.

BTW, wtf DID you do in Alaska...roflmao.........

Returning from the ashes of outrageous misfortune 8).

• i learned drakons real name: "runs with beer"

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• After acquiring the research documentation, I have discovered that Hagar was very close.

It's not "Runs with beer".

Its "Flies with beer"......lol

Returning from the ashes of outrageous misfortune 8).

• I discover my real name....

kill with beer :D :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

Originally posted by EvilDweeb
    Its "Flies with beer"......lol

rofl

or "files with beer"?

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• "Runs with beer" is from my neighbor's T-shirts. I was at a loss for words and decided to take his. :D

• still funny - as there are some ppl (not really ment u) who should have this as first name^^

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• You mean the people who wobble and the ones that don't shoot in straight lines? :D

• rofl - even outside pvp?

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Outside of PvP you're looking for people colliding with things for no apparant reason, those who can't figure out how to dock, anyone other than me who spins around in a circle at cruise speeds for over five minutes, and the select few who try to start rodeo Kavash-back riding tourneys. :D

• hmmm, maybe thats an explanation for ppl lagging: they poured alcohol over their modem? ^^

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I don't think Server Prohibition would go over well as a lag-fighting tactic. On the other hand, if people's modems were soaked in alcohol I'm sure sooner or later the poor thing would catch fire and melt the line. Maybe it's a self-solving problem. :D

I don't think Server Prohibition would go over well as a lag-fighting tactic.

also: in US the prohibition didnt really work, did it?

On the other hand, if people's modems were soaked in alcohol I'm sure sooner or later the poor thing would catch fire and melt the line. Maybe it's a self-solving problem. :D

is there any scientific study if modems will not send nonsens to anybody if under the influence of alcohol? at least this would explain a lot of experiences ppl make in the i-net...

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• what the HECK r u up to? lol
    i think i know why i like following me around everywhere... because im so well behaved and keep u out of trouble :P:rolleyes: also, how did u ppl find out what his name meant? O-o ive been with him a long time and i didnt know this!!?? so THAT is how u chose ur name hmm? ^^ why do the nuttiest guys always have to find me?? :D:D:D:P