SP: Limited Jumpgates/-Holes per system during story line

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Titan_addict.

• Just for your interest if it hasn't already been discussed (I'm new here):
    When you are called for a Storyline mission and you try to enter/leave a system with more than 9 or 10 (not sure what maximum exactly but definitly not more than 10) Jumpgates/Jumpholes FL crashes. That seems to be by design or something like that. Just keep it in mind if it hasn't already been considered.

• You're referring to the X-3043 system. Trying to navigate X-3043 during the storyline misisons may crash the game, depending on where you are in the story. If you go early enough, like before the mission where you have to race Dexter Hovis, you shouldn't have a problem.
    But, once you advance to the missions without an exit clause, or get far enough to have alienated all of the Liberty Navy, navigating X-3043 is either impossible or futile.
    If you want full exploration of the systems in SP, you'll have to wati till you finish the plot missions or use the Open SP version, in which case you don't get to play the original storyline.

• That issue applies to any system with more than 9 or 10 Jumpgates/-holes (X3043, Hilroga). You have to take care that you are not called for a storyline mission (that happens when you reach the next level) before entering such a system or get called while you are in it.
    Otherwise the game crashes to desk without any error message.
    I've tested that out by myself about one or two years ago while playing around with some other mods.
    Maybe a warning in the readme files of the mod about that issue would be nice. ;)
    Especially the Hilroga system is a very nice idea and shouldn't be changed because of that issue.

• ill try to change the story missions so they wont crash the game (no promises)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well probably you should start playing the multiplayer and let the single player behind :D

Cause you can also do those kind of missinons in the multiplayer wich are al ot more difficult :P

Well, good luck with the singleplayer any way.

Grtz

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    ill try to change the story missions so they wont crash the game (no promises)

That would be fabulous! :-)

• ok i have a question if i wanted to play the open sp mode exactly how do i do that. is it by clicking on the play single player on the left side of the CF launcher or am i missing something different. any help would be nice

\

from the depths of the unknown the blackdragon returns with fury! and from this day on he is now known as the CRYMSON DRAGON

Rank + Codename: commanding officer DragonWarrior
    Wing: all wings are my responsibility
    Organisation + Leader: DragonCorp - ME

• when u isntall CF you get an option in flmm to choose open sp or normal.once u have selected open u can use singleplayer

• hello guys, I already played through the whole SP. After the first 2 or 3 mission of the single player mission I changed the amount of money I have and i went through the whole CF system and equiped every item I wanted (including the champion shield 10) moreover i went to the coalition systems and even got the holoprojector and guess what, the game didnt crash. Moreover, OP have/had some of my save files from when I was testing and he could see i had an eagle with armor, plus power generators plus the gatling gun from coalition and i finished the SP without any trouble in ver 1.62 and I just finish 1.70.

btw, when I went to X for the armor 10 I was just called for a mission from the storyline. The only funny thing was that the waypoints where directing me to the sun or some funny path but it didnt crash I just went to place I was called for and kept running the storyline in ver 1.62

best regards,

RG

ps: btw, you also know that when you buy any of the special items (armor, power gen, guns, etc) you automatic will increased 1 level and you will call for the next sp mission from the storyline. That happen to me every time i bought a new stuff so I have to do it 1 for each mission ;)

[4] Don´t argue, [3] Just Do it

Good Friends are Forever [prost]

We always remember the ones who are not with us within our heart

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="350"></embed></object>
    My Mind is Free & My Imagination would take me to places I never dream of 8)

• I find that as long as u make sure the story waypoints dont pop up u can go wherever u want in SP. I find that when it calls u to California the first time is the best time to explore and equip yourself. Just land and then take off without going to the bar to talk to Juni. And the waypoints r gone so no prob.....On the other hand when i did this after i completed the story wierd bugs started to happen and my game crashed constantly. Such as DK appearing nuetral and actually helping me to fight the outcasts they never attacked me. It was so cool to fight along side the DK :D

[bat]Here's some sweet videos of Gundams kicking @$$ :
    The best of Epyon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voT04pSqpg0
    Epyon's final battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dezGaiK3kk
    Gundam Breakdance! :D:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nGCgGVl_Oc

As long as the warrior has a genuine will to fight, the Epyon will eliminate all distractions. There is nothing more noble and beautiful then a warrior with no distractions. One could say, that he is the closest thing to God...
    1. Peace is just a result of war
    2.Space...It's so quiet
    3.Life is but an endless waltz...
    4.The 3 beats of War, Peace, and Revolution will continue on forever
    5.Weaklings should not fight

G.eneration
    U.nrestricted
    N.etwork
    D.rive
    A.ssualt
    M.odule

• Are there any VHF ships that can be purchased early in the stoyline, before all of (spoiler alert)

...before all of the Liberty bases and therefore all the bases in the new systems become hostile? I'm at level 5 and can afford a Dark Angel VHF (at Ice Palace) but I have to be level 24 to buy it. :evil: