What is a Dyson Sphere?

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• What is it? well for u that r interested in science like i am, and want to know more about the concepts over this sort of thing, i have a link here: Dyson Sphere i have looked up on this because the idea and what is shown in FL, have interested me, and so i have looked up on some info for it here. also, here is a link to the person who originally founded the idea : Freeman Dyson there is also a movie with a interview with Freeman Dyson, with 1 part showing how he inveted and thought up this idea, to see it, advance up to about 20 mins into the interview so u dont have to wait for them all to get to that part:movie if u want, take some time to read this and u will find some interesting things ;)

• it was SOOOOOOO damn long ...i even slept for a time :P

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• Well... this wasn`t in my direct interest points, but still interesting...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• It would be very interesting to build such a sphere, i think. But how????? Otherwise the Energie you could get have to be enormous. If you know what I mean.

INSANIL IN AETERNITATEM

• Dyson is a TM for vacum cleaners :D:D:D:D:D:D

and this is from wiki:

A Dyson sphere (or shell as it appeared in the original paper) is a hypothetical megastructure that was originally described by Freeman Dyson as a system of orbiting solar power satellites meant to completely encompass a star and capture its entire energy output. Dyson speculated that such structures would be the logical consequence of the long-term survival of technological civilizations, and proposed that searching for evidence of the existence of such structures might lead to the detection of advanced intelligent extraterrestrial life.

Since then, other variant designs involving building an artificial structure or a series of structures to encompass a star have been proposed in exploratory engineering or described in science fiction under the name Dyson sphere. Most fictional depictions of a Dyson sphere describe a solid shell of matter enclosing a star (see diagram at right), which is considered the least plausible variant of the idea.

While it is believed that some of these design variants are impractical, if not physically impossible, some designs do not require any major breakthroughs in our basic scientific understanding for their construction even though the technological abilities and industrial resources required are well beyond our current civilization.

• Forget the Dyson Sphere. I have been to both systems on the crossfire mod. I only found lots of nomads and they did not drop anything :(X( [2]

btw I do not know what kind of alloy would stand a star's heat that would use it's energy and how would you transfer it to a remote place like earth :P

I hate the aliens. I do not ask them. I ask their dead bodies why did they come and make our life a living hell. :P [4] [7]

THE FASTEST ONE

• well all the other dyson vacumn cleaners are crap ,dunno how a sphere would be a better shape......

• hmm that could explain it

the dks are the house owners and the nomads work for them... the nomads got the order to clean up the galaxy so they build the dyson sphere vacuum cleaner

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• lol

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    hmm that could explain it

the dks are the house owners and the nomads work for them... the nomads got the order to clean up the galaxy so they build the dyson sphere vacuum cleaner

clean up the galaxy lol
    they were sent here not just to do that but to protect it from...other beings ;)

btw blaster nice vaccum ^^