CF 2.0 Fighter Ship Pageant (#NotABeautyContest)

There is 1 reply in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• There's a plethora of fighter ships in Crossfire to choose from, and I'm sure that most of you have specific preferences on specific use cases: PvP, PvE, podding, frying potatoes, mixed usage, etc...

Usually, the newer players are being recommended a short list of fighter ships as their worth has been proven during the years, thus making them popular options.

My goal with this thread is to provide a transparent medium for all players to share their wisdom and experience on what ships they prefer and why, having the following considerations in mind:

• The ship(s) must be a fighter - Light, Heavy, Very heavy, Bomber
    • The pros and cons should revolve around the major use-cases of a fighter ship: PvP, PvE/Podding, All Rounder (mixed use case)
      • The more pros & cons, the better

That being said, I am kindly asking all the players who have a little time on their hands, to share their opinions with others here. Who knows, maybe there are hidden gems that the majority did not consider yet

I'll start first, my selection is:

1. MirageX
      • Pros:
        • 150 cargo hold - more than enough for podding
        • 6 guns - the usual loadout: 4x lvl 10 guns, 2x lvl 9 ; 1 x Torp & 1 x CD
        • 1x 360 degree turret - this provides a slight advantage in dogfights due to the extra damage output
        • Can equip weight reduction or armor upgrade kits
        • Decent maneuverability, on par with other popular options (eg: Chimera)
      • Cons:
        • Not the thinnest design, but harder to hit than a large amount of other VHFs
      • Use cases: PvE, Podding, PvP (I've won my 'Chief of mass destruction' trophy with this ship)
      • My conclusion: best all rounder
    2. Cayman
      • Pros:
        • The fastest VHF there is
        • It's agility leaves room for mounting an armor upgrade kit
        • Usual loadout: 4x lvl 10 guns, 2x lvl 9 ; 2x CD or 1x Torp & 1x CD or 2x Torp
      • Cons:
        • Small cargo hold which prevents mounting a Weight Reduction Kit Mk III should anyone opt for a slight boost in agility.
        • Bigger hit box
        • Lack of a turret
      • Use cases: PvP
      • My conclusion: my #1 choice for PvP
    3. Chimera:
      • Pros:
        • Very slim design with a serious damage output: 3x CD or 1x Torp & 2x CD or 2x Torp & 1x CD
        • Can equip weight reduction or armor upgrade kits
        • Decent maneuverability
        • 130 cargo hold - decent for podding
      • Cons:
        • Lack of a turret
      • Use cases: PvE, Podding, PvP
      • My conclusion: second all rounder due to lack of a turret
    4. Bullpup Mk III
      • For me this is a niche ship, because of it's dual thrusters and decent cargo hold. I use it mostly for racing and occasional low level podding

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

Edited 3 times, last by LancelotOnCrack ().

• Chimera (VHF) : PvP and pods farming. This ship is not the most agile, but weapons hardpoints placement and possibility to use 3 CDs offers for a good pilot good combat services.

Saracen (VHF) : Big cargo hold, good agility, perfect for pods farming

Iguana (VHF): very small front profile, ideal for really tought NPCs fighting (Altair Sector, Inner core Sector). In cases when you will face 6 or more coalition rogues, you will really feel significant difference in survivality :)

Butcher: I really liked this ship for its look and still very good combat performance and also decent cargo space