Inner Core help? (story spoilers)

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Vanguard729.

• Hello,

I'm super new to the mod, but really enjoying the new story and difficulty. The only issue I've run into so far is in the inner core. I fly by the seat of my pants through several systems using cruise/engine kill to get past the alien ships, and then immediately upon entering a system called Weth I die instantly to what looks like a huge ship or weapons platform that's visible for a split second right after the warp animation ends.

I read some of the inner core guides available here and it sounds like my reputation with the Dom'Kavash should be neutral by default, and I think that's what my problem is- my rep with them has been red since going though Mandar the first time in the story and getting attacked by Dom'Kavash gunships. Is there any way to improve one's reputation with them so I don't die when entering Weth? I tried going to that system out past Utopia and killing a bunch of ancient drones like one guide says, but that doesn't affect the reputation at all. Does me already having started the inner core story mission lock reputations until the mission is complete? I encountered something similar earlier in the story where no matter how many Outcast ships I killed, my reputation stayed the exact same level of green the whole time.

I was also wondering, I see many people on the forum talking about Sol missions and Coalition missions. Did my story skip or something? I got to a section of the story where you first visit the Sol system, and all you do is follow a long waypoint path until you get to the Warp Anomaly, no other missions in Sol. And the once you get to Coalition space, the story had me get to Coalition HQ and then explore some systems until I discovered the Dom'Kavash Hypergate. Then, return to Sirius and use the Omega 3 hypergate to start exploring the inner core. Based on what everyone else is saying, I feel like I somehow missed something in Sol and Coalition areas.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you!!!:salutes

• Helpful

yes, the reputation should be neutral.

When starting the game the DK reputation is neutral. This can change when killing Nomads since they are allied but the storyline has a trigger right before going on that mission to set the reputation to a better value if you have a negative one.

If they are hostile to you now then it probably left the path somewhere and missed the trigger.

The story in sol is optional. Those are bonus missions you can do which have nothing to do with the main story line. This is still work in progress and some people even reported issues when returning to the main story. I am going to have another look at this issue when I have more time again.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hey, thanks so much! I restored a save from before accepting the mission and the trigger seems to have worked perfectly- rep is now a little green with the Dom'Kavash. Not sure how I messed it up originally, but thank you for you reply!! I'm really enjoying this mod and am so happy I don't have to start over. I hope everyone who has worked on this mod feels appreciated because it truly is a masterpiece. ^^