Problem installing Crossfire 2.0.1

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• First of all - hey everyone. It's been a while. I recently came across some new CF PvP content on YouTube and I saw some old faces playing the game again, so it made me want to come back as well, at least for a while.

I installed Freelancer with the intention of playing MP.

I've been trying to install the CF mod via the new installer and I've been getting errors telling me the source files are corrupt during installation.

I've tried downloading the 3.1 GB zip file from the SWAT site twice now and both times I've been getting errors on the exact same files that needed to be written (starting from this "trentbody" file).

The first time I tried to set up custom installation by choosing vanilla options and the second time I just clicked "next" and chose the default "full installation".

Any idea what's going on and what to do?

Using Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Edited once, last by Diablo ().

• UPDATE: I managed to get the mod to install on my third try after I downloaded the 2.9 GB version from the "Versions" section of the mod website.

Maybe it's something to do with the 3.1 GB version that's downloadable through the big download icon.

The difference in file sizes between the two is considerable.

• Maybe you have taken everything into account, but I have to ask you, which version of windows are you using? Never mind, try to start the installation as an administrator, because sometimes Windows 10 does not allow writing to the system partition, so you need admin permissions or you simply install on a secondary partition. If you haven't unpacked the archive, but started the exe file directly from the archive, that also can be a problem. It is also possible that your antivirus has deleted or blocked some files, this is called a false positive reaction of the anti virus. Try to disable the antivirus while the installation is in progress. Don't worry, I am 100% sure that there is no malware in the installation files.

• Okay, I didn't see how big the file was when I downloaded it. In fact, I've never even seen that 3.1GB version. There are 2 places to download and both have a file size of 2.9GB Here on the Swat portal and on the MODDB page. So maybe you really downloaded something wrong. Since you have already downloaded the real archive, there is no need for me to give you links, have fun playing

• strange, I downloaded the 3.1 gb version just a few weeks ago and it was working

will check it again next week

if there are issues you are save to use the moddb download

Freelancer 2.0.1: Crossfire file - Mod DB

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!