Graphical issue/Lag when docked (FRESH INSTALL)

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• So I've just had to do a fresh install to see why my game has been lagging thinking it was just my PC (even though this is a power-house I had to check) and when I'm in space I get 60 FPS minimal issue, but the instant I am docked Anywhere (this is both SP and MP) my FPS PLUMMETS below 25! (see top left comparison, docked (top) & in space (bottom)) - only had this issue since the Patch, same for the Oeega-3 Ion Cannons and any DOM enemies (minus Kavash) ships and Ion cannons are completely INVISIBLE (forgot to mention the GMG base in the system you fight ancients, also got this problem)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• no patch since the initial 2.0 release (years ago) did even change something on the objects you mentioned.

maybe changing the details in the options will help... dunno

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• took a look at the models and textures

In theory it should work fine. Will do an ingame test this evening.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• what are your hardware specs?

Have you tried a different shader?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Device name DESKTOP-KEU88HS

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 3060 V2 Gaming 12GB Memory (have already done the list bit to add Gcard to the Notepad doc)

the shaders used (presuming the F12 option in Game) is Preset 1 which I like

• more than sufficient

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Assuming you mean an RTX3060 it is only marginally weaker than my RTX 2070 Super. This by no means can explains drops to 21FPS.

Below you can see what I managed to reproduce on my tries.

The 75FPS is locked due to the refresh rate of my monitor. Assuming yours is 60FPS this should be the target in full screen mode with with the DX10/11/12 shader option.

Also assuming you mean these stations below... they render fine for me on a fresh install.

The very last pic shows unlocked FPS in window mode. 160-170 seems to be normal for me at least.

I can only do a few assumptions.

1. It could be a faulty driver on your PC. I suggest using DDU to completely uninstall the graphic driver and then install the newest version directly downloaded from Nvidia. IF that fails you can also try an older driver version (maybe the newest is bugged)

2. try a different shader option and see if you can reproduce exactly the stuff you showed in your screenshot on Neutro station. Maybe a different shader (from the launcher options) leads to different results.

3. Try if running in window mode leads to different results.

4. reset the shader cache and set it to unlimited size reset shader cache nvidia - Google Suche

5. reset the nvidia options to default

(do step 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 prior messing up drivers)

fl1.png

fl2.png

fl3.png

fl4.png

fl5.png

fl6.png

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'll have an in-depth read later.

my Monitor is 144mhz refresh rate if this helps, but I'll have a good peruse and look at these settings

• Since the recent Patch the Windowed mode has Unlocked full FPS and has also made Preset Graphics 1 better it's now not as blinding, No laggy issues yet but need to get back the GMG base and further into the story - should previous problems persist I will update here

• you should not share your device ID or Product ID in public. Here its ok i gues i consider this as healthy enviroment but do not do that on other sites.

• Been a while since I've gotten this far in the game, prior to the previous updates there are still some graphical problems during the SP game please see below - this is when assaulting the Nomad Home world on Mission 13 - Had this issue last time (look at the Power Generators and the surrounding Walls) SWAT_OP-R8R have you experienced this yourself?

Noman Homeworld.png

• Helpful

that does not seem to be just the generators on the screenshots. The other Dyson textures too. But it looks differently for me.

Going to investigate.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,