The current state of my PC...

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• first my current build

Cpu i5- 7400

Gpu r9 270x

MB z270 Msi Gaming Carbon Pro

Ram 16gb 2666Mhz (2x8) DDR4 HyperX

Psu Corsair RM750w

My brother is selling his server and I managed to make a deal with him to aquire a RTX 2080Ti he's liquid cooled it but I have to pay him a set amount every month but a LC rtx 2080 ti with my current set up what's your thoughts

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• I think CPU in your build is weak spot for use higher GPU. UserBenchmark: Intel Core i5-7400 vs i5-8400 ... I have i5 8400 and its not good enough to fully use 1070Ti graphic (it goes close to max, but not 100%). 2080 ti is way more powerfull, but I would expect it will need also good CPU to get that data.

• I think best xpu I can get for my socket is i7 7700k mainly I wanna be able to play crossfire in 4K Maximum Graphics:) it's always been the dream since my dad past but RL Keeps throwing curve balls lol

• Putting aside the CPU bottleneck (which you most certainly will experience in modern hardware demanding games) the step from a r9 270x to a rtx card will be very noticeable to you.

Most Graphic intense games will run great.

Calculation intense games such as simulations such at Stellaris, Cities Skylines, X4 Foundations etc. will be bottlenecked by the CPU.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• so I'll be fine playing crossfire at 4k with 2080ti and i5 7400 but it will struggle on Strategic games lol will it still struggling if I upgrade to i7 7700k ?

• depends on the game and on how far you are going to go with the game content ;)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• https://pc-builds.com/bottleneck-calculator/result/0km12n/3840x2160/1/general-tasks/ .... you can try play with configurations to get some basic estimate what to expect.

• thank you forlon ;) and I'll end up playing racing games like NFS Also Homeworld collection and 3 when that's out stronghold I also enjoy probably total war,DEFCON/ICBM and crossfire with maximum fidelity I'm trying to find a cheap cpu LGA 1151 that is good enough to not bottleneck as bad as i5 7400 not sure if I should get i3 9700F or something with 6 cores instead?

• or something with 6 cores instead?

I have the weakest intel 6 core CPU, but still I was able play Elite Dangerous Odyssey with decent fps most of time when other with better graphic were complaining (PC was build in Feb 2018 and I can play all on ultra in FullHD including Cyberpunk 2077). So I know what I would look at if want now build new rig :) . Personally I would take new generation i5 cpu or thought about i7. Looking at prices i5 are not too costly. Keep in mind that graphic card is just one single component which you can change in the future easily anytime IF you will have good enough "core" PC parts. Giving powerful graphic into weak PC is something like putting latest "ferrari" engine into prehistorical car.

• yeah I also forgot to mention I need something that's compatible with my msi z270 gaming carbon pro motherboard lol

• everything up to 8th generation cpu

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• do you think it will be good enough for crossfire at full graphical fidelity 4k 60 fps ? 🤣

Current build

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU Water-cooled RTX 2080 Ti with 360mm rad

MOBO Asus tuf b550 plus WiF

i

Storage : seagate firecuda 530 2tb

7000read and 6900 write 😲

Ram : 64gb of Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ram(4×16)

PSU : CORSAIR RM750W

Case msi vampiric 010m

Stock wraith cooler atm got to buy Waterblock and some more piping and I can integrate it with my gpu liquid cooling then can start running overclocks safely I hope and also got to get my bro to partition my ssd install windows and buy me a code but I'm getting there slowly its been a dream to get back for so many years properly never though I'd afford it and now I think my builds getting overkill lol not sure as this is my first proper build since my dad passed on 2012 i can't wait to see crossfire with all its new shaders is there any suggestions ?

• Helpful

yes

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The current state of my PC........ old 8 Years no water cooling old Intel i5 with nvidia GTX960 8 Gb Ram

:roflmao:

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• :) ... that's still 2 more years to my usuall PC rebuild period :)

• Hi guys little update my pc is almost complete now bought a new monitor today and i hope it preforms fine with CF But ita first time ive had one of its kind so not sure its an 49" ElectriQ QLED 144hz 3840x1080 HDR Ultrawide

my pc build thus far:

GPU

RTX 2080TI 11GB

EK GPU WATERBLOCK

CPU

Ryzen 5 5600x

EK CPU Waterblock

Ram

(4x16)64gb 2666mhz ddr4 c16

Storage

2TB Firecuda 530 SSD w/EK Heatsink

Motherboard

Asus tuf b550 plus(wifi)

Monitor

49" 144hz ultra wide 3840x1080

ElectriQ QLED

Double helix Resevoir

360mm EK RAD Front

240mm ek RAD Top

PSU decided to die so need new one now lmao also may be getting a second SSD as found another port on the MOBO hoping its going to be a nice set up once I'm up and running but some point down the line may upgrade from b550 to x570 but only if I need to really only time I'd want to be upgrading mobo is when I move to next gen 7000 series but that I can wait a few years I think Also just need a pump and then seeing if my bro will go for hard tubing or soft tubing and then pretty much just pressure testing and leak test then I'm ready to go hopefully 😅 been long time coming cannot wait to get back up and running around crossfire again

• I am a bit jealous.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,