Time for a new Journey

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• Hey, :)

Bit late for that, but better late than never, wasn't that what they say ?

Anyway, I am returning to some gaming life after pretty exhaustive quarantined thesis writing and right before starting to teach history and philosophy to some noobs. I wanted to return to some inspiring game from my teens, and Freelancer was an obvious choice. I was amazed to find out about this mod and community! I would love to get to know you guys !

Best ! :lokomotive:

"Life piled on life

Were all too little, and of one to me

Little remains: but every hour is saved

From that eternal silence, something more,

A bringer of new things; and vile it were

For some three suns to store and hoard myself,

And this gray spirit yearning in desire

To follow knowledge like a sinking star,

Beyond the utmost bound of human thought."

~ Ulysses

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

• Hi Cogwork Scholar,

Welcome to CF and I hope that you enjoy your stay. I've seen you around and didn't get to say "welcome" before, but here's a chance for that so, -> welcome.

to teach history and philosophy to some noobs.

This is the first time that I ever hear a teacher call his students noobs. o_O

I would love to get to know you guys

And sure, what would you like to know?

• This is the first time that I ever hear a teacher call his students noobs. o_O

They ARE noobs! :D

And sure, what would you like to know?

Well, I can see from your signature and your choice of current reading, that you are interested quite a lot in the bible. Is it curiosity or religious devotion ? :) If I am treading in personal matters, of course, you don't have to answer.

"Life piled on life

~ Ulysses

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

• Is it curiosity or religious devotion ?

I'm going to act preventively and note that Iliyan doesn't like the word "religion". But AFAIS he makes no secrets that there's definitely a plenty of devotion involved.

As for the topic, well... I kinda can't say much other than "Welcome to CF and SWAT-Portal". I'm not good at welcoming speeches. I mean, I don't even play CF that often (though I'm thinking to rectify that soon), but I hope you'll enjoy your stay both on the site and on the server.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Yeah, Iliyan doesn't like the word "religion", because religion is a tool made by the powerful empires to conquer and subdue others in the name of faith. And I can say as to why, but for now... I'll refrain from commenting on the subject.

Is it curiosity or devotion ? :)

It's devotion, not curiosity. :)

If I am treading in personal matters, of course, you don't have to answer.

I will let you know if you do, but regarding my faith... I'm glad to share, actually.

Ajay and thanks dude, I'm glad to see that you remember the distinction between the two. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by ILIYAN ().

• Well, ILIYAN, just to clarify, I am not asking for the purpose of provocation. I am really curious, because, unfortunately, I don't know many sci-fi fans and gamers who are also really devoted to a certain faith. Respect and interest, yes. I have a friend who is a total sci-fi nut and also MA student in Theology, because he is interested in Christian symbology. He is so fascinated with Christian texts, that he puts regular quotes on his fb wall, but he is not devoted to it in any spiritual way.

I mean, I don't even play CF that often (though I'm thinking to rectify that soon)

Well, I hope to meet you in-game someday then. :) How is the existential horror of your AI's going ? :D Did you manage to achieve the dlc ending btw?

"Life piled on life

~ Ulysses

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

• Well, ILIYAN, just to clarify, I am not asking for the purpose of provocation. I am really curious, because, unfortunately, I don't know many sci-fi fans and gamers who are also really devoted to a certain faith.

I know you're not asking for the purpose of provocation, otherwise your language and reaction would have been completely different.

But let me get this straight... you're asking me as to why I believe? The christians would probably tell you "Because I love my Creator and I want my life to be meaningful and inherit everlasting life afterwards", or something along these lines. Which is also part of my reasons, but not the whole reason.

It's simple... He is everything to me and all of the things that I have, I own to Him. When you make someone the most important person in your life and you will do anything for that person, it's sort of the same. You can only get to that experience and relationship if you open your heart, if you're stubborn or 'don't take it seriously', you'll never find it.

The original word in hebrew for "belief" is "emunah" which means to have "Complete understanding, belief and trust that everything that happens is under the Authority and Control of the ALMIGHTY. He either allowed it or caused it to happen and you fully believe and trust that this is a fact while you're walking in His ways and living your life with that understanding." In greek it's "agape", basically the highest form of pure love.

Because He also said it in "Romans 8:28" that everything that happens (either good or bad) is for good to those who love Him. Too bad that people break after the first bad thing that happens to them, but in order for Him to shape you into the image of His Son, He has to break you first. That's because in order to build something new, you have to break apart the old.

It's not a blind faith that you believe that He exists and... that's it.... no no, it goes much deeper, basically a to a form relationship. Which reminds me that many people also confuse the "Father" & "Son" relationship, they think it's literally a "Father" and a "Son", but it's not. The Creator of all things is Spirit, the "Father" & "Son" is because we humans are most closely to relate to the meaning, the Heavenly Father being the Highest Authority, then the Son (YAHWEH is a Family Name of the Father & Son - First & Second Authority, the Son being YAHWEH in the Flesh / or The Word Made Flesh, that's why the Father created everything through His Son [Word] and they are connected through Their Spirit -> Set-Apart Spirit [Ruach Ha'Qodesh) and then His heavenly host which consists of many beings, basically a hierarchy and then us humans and everything else...

As for the Sci-Fi, well... I used to be a Sci-Fi "freak" ever since a young age, especially when it comes to Futuristic stuff, I still am to a point, though. But, I get it why you're wondering about that, because according to "Science", He doesn't exist and that's what they are trying to push.

What if I told you that everything you've been taught about space and aliens is a complete fabrication to divert people from the actual truth?

I have a friend who is a total sci-fi nut and also MA student in Theology, because he is interested in Christian symbology. He is so fascinated with Christian texts, that he puts regular quotes on his fb wall, but he is not devoted to it in any spiritual way.

Quoting Scripture doesn't mean that someone is a believer. But why do you call it 'symbology'? :) The Scriptures are literal, the symbology is when it comes to interpreting the dreams/visions and prophecies and maybe also the parables that Yeshua (Jesus) spoke to the people, He spoke to them in that way ON PURPOSE because He wanted the people to come to Him, as in -> search for the answers, they have to come to Him and not the other way around. (James / Yakov 4:8 or Jeremiah / Yerme'YAH 29:13)

Similarly as to how I found Him after my whole life of searching. I was struggling through my life, a lot (I won't go into details) and I was praying to Him and asking Him for help with no answer, YET that didn't stop me from believing. Maybe just like when the teacher gives the student a test, the teacher is quiet until the test is over. Those articles that I mentioned in the Books thread, most of them were me searching for the Truth, I always pursue Truth wherever it may be.

Along the way though, I used to believe in a lot of lies while growing up. And THEN suddenly 5 years ago (2015), YAHWEH the Most High Himself appeared to me and my eyes and ears were opened and everything became clear to me.

Then from an Orthodox Christian -> I became an israelite (NOT hebrew). His people are called "Yisra'el" and those who are not born as hebrew (such as myself - bulgarian/greek) can be grafted in through Yeshua Ha'Mashiach (the Anointed/Messiah) and become His people [Galatians 3:28]. What this means is -> changing your citizenship (to the Heavenly Jerusalem), so I changed mine to an israelite. Or in other words, being in the "camp" -> symbolic for the 12 tribes of Yisra'el. He chose one nation out of them all when He divided them after the Tower of Babel and that nation was called "Yisra'el", the other nations were left out to the authority of the fallen ones (those who rebelled with HaSatan) and if someone wants to come to the Almighty to serve Him, he/she can only do that through the Messiah Yeshua. But what christianity does is "come to us (i.e. the Church)" and not the other way around as it should be; they even changed His Name and Title for a pagan one. Even the word "church" has nothing to do with the real word for it, which is ekklisia (ἐκκλησία) in greek that means "congregation" or "assembly" which is the whole body of believers, NOT some building built by man, which reminds me of:

“Thus said יהוה, “The heavens are My throne, and the earth is My footstool. Where is this house that you build for Me? And where is this place of My rest? “And all these My hand has made, and all these that exist,” declares יהוה. “Yet to such a one I look: on him who is poor and bruised of spirit, and who trembles at My Word.“
    - Isaiah (Yesha'YAH) 66:1-2 (TS2009)

But who is able to build Him a House, since the heavens and the heavens of the heavens are unable to contain Him? Who am I then, that I should build Him a House, except to offer before Him?“
    - 2 Chronicles 2:6 (TS2009)

“For is it true: Elohim dwells on the earth? See, the heavens and the heavens of the heavens are unable to contain You, how much less this House which I have built!"
    - 1 Kings 8:27 (TS2009)

Hence why I don't go to any church or have any association with the pagan christianity/churchianity whatsoever, because they worship Tammuz (Nimrod) & his mother Semiramis (Queen of Heaven -> there is no queen of Heaven by the way, only the Father & Son apart from the heavenly beings of course). And they of course have other names, but it's basically HaSatan (The Adversary) and his false prophet.

That's why I am "set-apart (qodesh)", as He Himself said it:
    "Be set-apart [qodesh], for I am set-apart." - 1 Peter 1:16 (TS2009)

The word there for set-apart (qodesh) is "holy" but holy is yet another pagan word and has nothing to do with what it actually means. Up until 2014, I used to be a christian and believe all of these lies and those which I was taught through school, but in 2015 when YHWH appeared to me, I saw the Truth and it set me free. I still have many things to learn though, but 2015 was the moment I that truly... saw. And also ever since I am in a communication with Him -> for all of that you can PM me, I won't go into detail here.

So, that's it... I hope that I've answered your question. I can say many more things, but feel free to PM if you want to hear more, otherwise I don't know if it's appropriate to discuss faith here, so I tend to say as minimum as I can say out of respect.

PS: Edited it because I think that I left out some gaps which I wanted to explain, as I've said... I can say many many things, but ok enough edits, it's hard to keep out things that I really want to say, but -> PM me if interested.

Edited 11 times, last by ILIYAN ().

• Well, I hope to meet you in-game someday then.

Well, so far I'm mostly in CF because of Inner Core. I'll probably be coming back with an IC event, like I did in July.

How is the existential horror of your AI's going ? :D Did you manage to achieve the dlc ending btw?

I don't actually play N:A often, once a week or less, since, well, I have to visit my sister's place for it (for the PS4 to be specific) and both she and her husband are busy people. Most of my play time is shared by Warframe and World of Warships.

Eh, existential themes are nothing new for me. Mostly I play N:A to look and analyze it as a story/work of art. I like the characters (My favorite is obvious, but it's mostly because I find said character subjectively relatable regarding some personality traits), I find the plotline interesting (especially with some twists that have been foreshadowed right off the beginning), and I especially like all those little gameplay details (such as BGM turning into a chiptune version during hacking segments).

Granted, I actually spoiled the flak out of the game before I started playing, but I don't think I would have been interested in it if I wouldn't ('cos I'm not a fan of JRPGs in general).

And I totally forgot about the DLC ending. I did get the costumes before I sacrificed the saves though, gotta appreciate the possibility to wrap A2 into something decent for once. (Yes, I know that the Destroyer Outfit is one of Brother Nier outfits from Replicant. Yes, I know that Replicant remaster is coming out. If Brother Nier ends up voiced by Kyle McCarley in English dub, pick up that phone because I called it.)

and thanks dude, I'm glad to see that you remember the distinction between the two.

Eh, I just know how you usually react to this matter.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 3 times, last by Ajay ().