Crashing

There are 53 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by guenni7.

• Well, at least he's playing. Maybe we see him on the server too :)

• Awesome to hear that we got it to work.

However, now I'm a bit curious:

this folder for the autosave.fl was in a completely different place under a completely name to freelancer.

Where is this mysterious place that you spoke of? ProgramData? AppData?

Other than that, great to hear that it's working now. ;)

• I couldn't tell you as i said my friend went through and did it, i'm guessing he had the same problem a few years back so he just flew through the folders, an educated guess would be in appdata.

And as for online hmm maybe after i have finished the single player plus all the crossfire DLC which i am looking forward to greatly, its great to see there is still a couple of mods that are still being developed on in 2020 which then raises the question why did they cancel the freelancer 2 lol

try installing the font located in freelancer\DATA\FONTS\Files -> crossfire_2.ttf

Just installed this but just got up and need to wake up before playing some games i'll let you know later if it worked or not :)

• Yeah that was my guess too, because if there are any file remnants left, that would be their place.

Though it's strange that a save game would still be affecting it from there, but... nevertheless, I'm glad that it all worked out.

which then raises the question why did they cancel the freelancer 2

Here's the answer:

• Mhm... there was a guy on Discord not long ago who had the same exact problem and it was due to the resolution.

Besides, it all makes sense... Freelancer was released back in 2003, we didn't even have Full HD back then, let alone 720p and now you're stretching it on Ultra HD, the game wasn't even made for FHD and 16:9 scale let alone on 4K.

So, he edited a file but I can't recall which one and was able to fix it to an extend, but not completely because after all -> you're pushing the game to the very limits.

Bottom line: the resolution is the issue, not the font.

Edit: Try this (just Googled it now):

Widescreen Freelancer

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().

• If the game does not start properly under win 10, it is enough if you follow the steps: under win 10 on apps & features there on programs and features and there on windows features activate or deactivate there you look for legacy components and check out directply dan solte freelancer start without a problem, I did it like this and lo and behold freelancer starts perfectly,