Crashing

There are 53 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by guenni7.

• I can't find a download link to it every site i have visited so far has just stated "DirectX 12 is included with Windows 10 and is only supported in that version of Windows. Updates to DirectX 12 related files are only available through Windows Update. No standalone version of DirectX 12 is available. "

• ok.
    Check "Windows features" for activated "Legacy/DirectPlay".

And try starting Crossfire several times when it won't come up.

• if it worked for another mod....why should dx be the problem then?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Did you notice that it's the dll files? Dll file errors is usually due to Visual C++ Libraries, because every software is depended on them.

But also... the log seems to indicate that it can't access them, meaning that they are either missing OR you probably have access issues, that would be my guess too, as Guenni7 also already pointed out.

• potentially yes

but all required libraries were part of the installer (hopefully that part was not skipped during the installation)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Mhm... hence why I think it's due to access rights.

• Can you try on another partition? (i.e. NOT on the Windows one)

• I only have 1TB of hard drive space as of right now, i am planning to pick up another SSD but right now due to covid i don't have any play money and i don't really want to partition this drive.

• I uninstalled nd reinstalled to a different folder on the C: drive but get the same 3 errors as posted before. I'll post up one of them so a comparison can be made

Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69

Faulting module name: MP3codec.dll, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5316cea8

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00001189

Faulting process ID: 0x1424

Faulting application start time: 0x01d656c9a4b9269e

Faulting application path: C:\Gamesv2\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Gamesv2\Freelancer\EXE2\MP3codec.dll

Report ID: f21beb73-3283-4190-859d-7c8ea3931b25

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Another partition, not another drive. Do you have like... "D"? Where Windows is not installed?

We want to see if it's due to access rights.

PS: I also use SSD, HDD only for storage.

Edit: Sorry, I typed too fast. Well, if you don't want to partition your drive, then see if you have full access in C.

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().

• No only local disk C:

One of my friends has played this a long time ago and had the same problem we used team viewer he took me to a completely different file location and deleted a file called Autosave.fl which allowed the game to boot up but i have work to do now so i'll check to make sure it all works later.

• Autosave? Is that Autosave from Discovery?

Did you delete the Freelancer folder (in Documents) where I asked you to during your reinstall?

If so, I don't know any other location where Freelancer keep its saves.

• didnt I say its because of savegames ;)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hahaha, you did... and if he removed the folder like I wrote in that Reinstall guide, he wouldn't be having this problem anymore. ^^

• I used the guide and the software you linked lol, this folder for the autosave.fl was in a completely different place under a completely name to freelancer.

I actually tried this mod before disco and had this problem so its wasnt disco at all that caused the problem i only tried that mod to see if it make freelancer work which it did but no single player story = me not caring lol. I will be trying the game very soon just got back from work so i need to shower once i find out it works this thread can be locked or whatever you guys/girls do with solved threads.

• Seems to be working fine now.

One question i remmeber when i played many years ago that there was distances counters to places which don't seem to be there with this mod is there anyway to get those again ?

• try installing the font located in freelancer\DATA\FONTS\Files -> crossfire_2.ttf

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,