Crashing

There are 53 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by guenni7.

• I have tried each and every single shader with each of the compatability modes and i still have the same problem everytime game boots up, after all of the skippable opening stuff before it hits the menu the game goes into a complete black screen and then crashes to the desktop. I have also removed the movies from starting up in the freelancer.ini file aswell as within the crossfire mod and it still doesn't want to work i have put a great deal of hours into this and can't seem to find a fix.

This is all the log says:

00:30:52.886 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

00:31:11.209 --> [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE1

00:31:11.469 --> [i]:Crossfire was closed

I have not added my GPU as while i can find the text document i don't know what or where to add it, I am using a RTX 2070 super.

I can get the game to boot up with the discovery mod BUT it has no campaign and that is the reason why i am here to play so that mod is useless to me completely i only installed it to see if it would make the game work.

Edited once, last by myetal ().

• incompatible savegames from disco

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Are you sure?

Did you remove the "Freelancer" directory in Documents / My Games / Freelancer after the uninstall? Also did you manually use the FLMM's uninstaller from it's folder to remove all mods?

This is all due to leftovers.

• ... and i still say that it is due to incompatible savegames because I have seen this happen to other players MANY times before (which btw. also thought it would not be because of something such simple as savegames)

but I give you some options since the game can crash for exactly three possible reasons at this specific point

1. a shader option that is incompatible with your hardware (since you wrote that you tested all of them it certainly is not a shader problem)

2. a incompatible savegame

3. you completely messed up the installation and some of the core files are missing now

Other reasons why the game would crash at that point do not exist.

Btw. editing files or removing files is absolutely not recommended and I actually should not even bother to give support to people which do not use the original files.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I only tried editing out the startup movies as someone stated that this fixed there problem which was exactly the same thing it didn't work so that was that for editing anything i generally don't do it. I am following the guide that was posted now.

Edited once, last by myetal ().

• Even after downloading that program that was suggested i am getting the same problem i removed everything scanned deleted everything that came up, loaded up my PC (this PC on windows 10) searced freelancer nothing came up.

I have tested all the shaders again so unless my PC hates all the shaders it doesn't seem to be this.

As i just deleted everything to do with freelancer at this point now i highly doubt its a save file stopping me.

I doubt i have messed up the install i mean it's possible but i have uninstalled and reinstalled this many times now.

If you have time at somepoint i can stream on discord the problem, the uninstallition and reinstallion of it.

I also just went throught the effort of plugging in a disc drive (my case doesn't have a space for it) and installing the game from disc and i still have the same problem.

• It would seem that freelancer does have an error logging there. I have never used this event viewer so i have no idea what any of this means. but this is what is popping up on that error.

Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69

Faulting module name: Common.dll, version: 1.0.1254.11, time stamp: 0x3ecbb141

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00091f38

Faulting process ID: 0x16cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d656442e09f704

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Common.dll

Report ID: 97c8aefd-15ac-4c6d-b7a5-900ee38f9b37

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Looks like the same error someone had yesterday in another tread.

Install Freelancer into another directory, but NOT under c:\program files.

• No more errors in event-log after installing into another directory?

• Moving it to a different game directory gave 3 errors.

Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69

Faulting module name: MP3codec.dll, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5316cea8

Fault offset: 0x00001189

Faulting process ID: 0x33d4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6565100615d99

Faulting application path: C:\Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Games\Freelancer\EXE2\MP3codec.dll

Report ID: 4cf0f394-5979-4e98-86ab-af1bc44649e2

Faulting module name: ShipRange.dll, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5104dccd

Fault offset: 0x00001442

Faulting module path: C:\Games\Freelancer\EXE2\ShipRange.dll

Report ID: 4d65a976-8a7e-4039-a45f-5157c551b163

Faulting module name: Common.dll, version: 1.0.1254.11, time stamp: 0x3ecbb141

Fault offset: 0x00091f38

Faulting module path: C:\Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Common.dll

Report ID: fca0b7b1-a4b9-40de-8455-ca07f4123a5c

• The exception code states an access violation.
    Do you have full access rights to c:\games and c:\games\freelancer?
    Did you start Crossfire with Administrator rights?

BTW: With "moving" you don't mean move the folder via windows explorer, do you?

Edited once, last by guenni7 ().

• Running out of ideas :)
    Shot into the blue: Install the direct-X package from the microsoft website, I remember I have fixed a similar problem once with this.

• Yes, it will only update the missing legacy parts of Direct-X.