Auvergnat

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by <SF>IndianaJones.

• I first came across this faction last October when they appeared in one of my character's affiliation list. I do not know when or where this occured. I posted a similar question here in October but received not a single reply. I assumed that nobody knew or if they did, were not letting on as to details of this faction.

From seeing how the affiliation status changes I have deduced that they are a criminal organisation. Their closest ally are the Lane Hackers along with Outcasts and Unioners.

Their enemies are Renaissance and everyones enemy the Xenos, plus Police forces and Bounty Hunters.

Your status with them can be changed in the usual way by killing their enemies or allies depending which way you want your status to change.

I have been unable to find a source for a bribe, but getting a bribe for their enemy or ally has a similar effect as those of other factions who have associations.

The character which picked up the affiliation had mainly been in Sirius although had made a fleeting visit to Sov.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks Spock, found out similar things. Their biggest enemy is Renaissance, so come to the result they are sth like the Rogues for Liberty. On the way to Auvergnat Affi the liberty factions and Renaissance became red and Lanehackers, Outcast, LibertyRogues and Junkers green.

• I am still trying to find out how this faction came to be in my affiliation list, but in the meantime I now have the reputation of Auvergnats with other factions.Auvergnat Faction Reputation.bmp

I appreciate that you can now get this faction into your list by meeting another player with this affiliation, but at the time it appeared last October I do not recall meeting another player with this affiliation. Even if I did, the question of how that player got the affiliation still remains to be answered.

I have also found 2 bribes which, although not for the Auvergnats, mentioned them as not being too pleased with you accepting the bribe. They were both on Waterloo Station, 1 was for Obital Spa and Cruise the other for Cryer Pharmaceuticals.

The Cryer bribe included Outcasts and Liberty Rogues, the Orbital bribe Outcasts and Gains the Orbital' s enemy, which is as it should be.

I am sure there are going to be other instances of this but it is going to take a while, if ever, to find out and get the complete picture for this faction.

Edited 2 times, last by Spock ().

• It came into your rep list by applying the factionpatch that came with the lost fleet update.

Lost Fleet did not only introduce one new faction. It introduced 3 new factions which were meant to be fleshed out more in upcoming story updates.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for the info which helps to explain some of the mystery. However, factions do not normally appear until you actually come across them in space. For example you can get a Coalition bribe or kill ancients to become friendly with Dom Kavash but they do appear in your affiliation list until you meet them. Same applies to a new character which only has a few factions in the affiliation list which grows as you encounter new factions. My question now is, are Auvergnat ships flying around out there somewhere and if so any hints as to where?

• I indirectly came to Auvergnat. Another player had Auvergnat affi, but had not it in his list, so it wasn't flashing for him and he thought it was a new hidden faction. I found it then in my reputation list, managed to get auvergnat as affi and after meeting him again auvergnat was normal afii for him too. So it couldn't be an auvernat ship he met, otherwise he would have auvergnat in his reputation list when i first saw him.

• it spreads like Corona

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!