Joystick with twist axis

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I'm searching some more info about decent joysticks which have also "Yaw" axis usable in flight simulators and games (like Elite Dangerous :) )

I've found this one:

GladMkIIFront.jpgOffical page say: VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II is the latest mass-market joystick made by VKB. A grip is designed by VKB engineers based on well-known KG12 grip used on number of WWII airplanes and adapted for PC pilots to be more ergonomic for tabletop use. Gladiator Mk.II is a desktop joystick featuring highly accurate magnetoresistive (MaRS) sensors for pitch, roll and yaw axis. It allows to connect VKB T-Rudder pedals directly to the joystick without Tiny controller or Black box and presents both joystick and pedals as a single USB device. The pedals are configurable with provided software as an additional axis. It simplify configuration and makes both of them easier to manage within your PC simulator or a game.

Features:

• WWII KG12 grip replica
    • Ergonomic grip angle
    • Pitch, roll and yaw (twist) axes are equipped with MaRS sensors.
    • Throttle axis
    • Metal baseplate for stability
    • Silicone feet for strong surface grip
    • 2 Years warranty
  • Have someone prime experience with above joystick? Or have some other joystick as recommendation? I have myself Thrustmaster T16000 which however have serious weakness in its twist axis and poor cheap sensors. Above joystick is also not sold in my country, I can use theirs european site for order it, but honestly I do not know if it is good idea, I have no experience (yet) with purchasing stuff from foreign shops.

• I am not really specific about the details of these joysticks, but my dad as a former military and civilian pilot is a fan of the "Saitek" brand.

Also next to the joystick itself, you might as well get:

Flight throttle:

Rudder pedals:

Of course there might be even better brands, mate... but I may ask my dad for specifics if you want.

AbandonedAnguishedCatfish.webp

“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall prove wrong. This is the inheritance of the servants of יהוה, and their righteousness from Me,” declares יהוה.

- Isaiah (Yesha’YAH) 54:17 (The Scriptures / TS2009)

“For you are a Set-Apart people unto YHWH your Elohim; YHWH your Elohim has chosen you to be His own treasure, out of all peoples that are upon the face of the earth.“

- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 7:6 (The Hebraic-Roots Version)

“And I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says YAHWEH Almighty.“

- 2 Corinthians (Qorintiyim) 6:18 (Hebraic Roots Bible)

“And I give them everlasting life, and they shall by no means ever perish, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.“

- John (Yohanan) 10:28 (The Scriptures / TS2009)

“And I, Enoch, began to bless YAHWEH of the mighty ones and the KING of the universe.“

- 1 Enoch (Hanokh) 12:3 (YAHWEH's Sword)

• That Thrustmaster TWCS throttle is what I have ... and is perfect imo .. cheap and highly functional with many buttons/axis (it is almost unbeliavable that any produt made these days can fill both these criteria :D ). I alas cannot use pedals (RL restriction), and this is why joystick with twist is for me a must.

• well... if its a ww2 grip replica the first question that would come to my mind is "is it from the winning side or the losing one?". 8o

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• lol :bcool:

• Take a look at this:

It's the thumbnail video on their own website and no wonder they are testing it on Elite Dangerous.

And as I've said, I may ask him for details mate and get back to ya.

AbandonedAnguishedCatfish.webp

“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall prove wrong. This is the inheritance of the servants of יהוה, and their righteousness from Me,” declares יהוה.

- Isaiah (Yesha’YAH) 54:17 (The Scriptures / TS2009)

“For you are a Set-Apart people unto YHWH your Elohim; YHWH your Elohim has chosen you to be His own treasure, out of all peoples that are upon the face of the earth.“

- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 7:6 (The Hebraic-Roots Version)

“And I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says YAHWEH Almighty.“

- 2 Corinthians (Qorintiyim) 6:18 (Hebraic Roots Bible)

“And I give them everlasting life, and they shall by no means ever perish, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.“

- John (Yohanan) 10:28 (The Scriptures / TS2009)

“And I, Enoch, began to bless YAHWEH of the mighty ones and the KING of the universe.“

- 1 Enoch (Hanokh) 12:3 (YAHWEH's Sword)

• And as I've said, I may ask him for details mate and get back to ya.

If you will do it, I will be glad. I had some feedback about not so good quality of saitek stick (and it is not low price) so I will welcome 1st hand experience. I only can say for sure, that contactless sensors on all three joystick axes are a necessity if it should serve long(er) time. Im also interested only by joystick, bcs throtle which I have is for my use perfect.

• Generally for every input device I give the advice to try it before buying.

I am still fine with my thrustmaster hotas .... but actually only after I have modified it.

I did not test it before buying.... and then noticed that the stick module because it is cheap plastic was too light for having a secure stand.

For me that was not a big deal since by coincidence I had a left over black round metal plate lying around on which I simply mounted below the stick.

For me this cheap (60€) stick does work very well as I only play space sims with it and have no intention to hop into professional flight simulators.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Good advice that above ... and it is problem with that stick in 1st post because if I decide buy it, it would be completelly 'on blind' purchase. :bcrying:

• That might be the key issue here.

How good does it fit your hand... is it comfortable to use... can you easily reach the buttons... is it heavy and stable enough... etc. ?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• interesting, I found this one right now

the issue he mention with T16k is exactly the problem with cheap "chinese" sensor used for twist