Warframe guide

There are 209 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Open a few relics using defense missions. Stay until wave 4 each time and you will have these weapons on lvl30 in 2-3 runs.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nice idea, and I still need to get a bunch of Neo A3s.

EDIT: Except, I wouldn't use Opticor for Void Fissure Defense (and Defense in particular, unless it's against Infested and in that case the melee will do most of the work). Shielded enemies (and Nullifiers, especially Nullifiers, as it takes a good couple of shots to pop that bubble... and Opticor only holds 8 shots) negate its one-shot potential and it can't kill enemies before they do meaningful damage to defense target (I've heard Limbo can trivialize that, but...). Any other type of Endless Void Fissures, though...

Well, except Interception. I usually just don't get enough reactant in Interception and that defeats the whole purpose of doing Void Fissures. Unless I'm just doing it for Void Traces. And Excavation forgets to spawn enough Power Carriers. So... Survival.

Also, what about Dark Sectors? BTW, I think I saw an achievement "Complete 5 missions for a clan contesting a Dark Sector" or something like that. Is there something a clan gains from players running Dark Sectors?

P.S. Balor Fomorian event has started. Time to dust off my Grattler.

(Okay, I see where you're coming from when you say that you don't like Grattler; it indeed has a rather small magazine and it isn't hitscan like Imperator. But, it's not even that Grattler has an AoE... Grattler has Punch Through which trivializes Shield Dagryns. Also, continuing with WH40k analogy, Grattler is a Hydra Autocannon.)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 7 times, last by Ajay ().

• no, that are personal achievements only

yeah, i dont like grattler

I personally prefer the Imperator Vandal. Thats btw something you should try to get during the Fomorian event (plus the mods).

In my eyes not a big deal. I just ran a few missions yesterday and instantly got a full set.

You can get cryotics for the fomorian blueprint on every excavation mission -> try Tikal on earth. The Omega Isotopes only drop on missions close to the Fomorian Armada -> this time Saturn.

All duplicate mods and imperator vandal pieces can be sold for a nice price. Make sure to check the price difference between full set and individual pieces.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Already got Imperator Vandal parts and BP, only need some more Tellurium to finally craft it. Well, that means I can rank Imperator to 30 and sell it.

And speaking of mods, also got a nice couple of 60-60 mods for archguns.

• btw. if you intend to sell stuff...

yesterday I sold the imperator vandal set for 60 plat

today people sell it for 35 plat

it might be worth to wait until the event is over in order to sell such stuff

the demand has to rise again

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well... DE launched another update and did some RJ rebalance,

With that, I actually took SKR-939 for some real action... can't say I didn't fail, but I managed to suceed in a couple of skirmishes.

So... is there any other reliable way to take down crewships other than shell them with Railjack weapons, hop out, board them in an Archwing and destroy the reactor?

Also said rebalance also affected Archwing weapons.

And finally, put a second forma on Acceltra today. This thing is just slashing. The only problem for me is projectile speed (can't shoot down Dagryns on PoE). Ammo, well, it uses rifle ammo which isn't as hard to come by, and firing in bursts helps. (I suspect if Acceltra Prime ever comes out it will have burst fire mode).

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• the strange effects of innate elemental damage:

adding a toxin mod does nearly nothing

adding a heat mod increases the damage massively

adding a heat mod and a toxin mod decreases the damage again

good to know that such strange effects can happen

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Okay, Razorback Armada event happened... and remember that I at one point said that I'd expect Gorgon Wraith?

Back then I didn't even know Gorgon Wraith was a thing all along. So... I guess I'm getting an unique version of my favorite gun and ditching a regular one (like I did with Vulkar when I bought Vulkar Wraith). Seriously... Gorgon Wraith isn't even in the Codex! Ignis Wraith is, Vulkar Wraith is, even spoiler weapons like Broken War, Broken Scepter or Shedu are in the Codex way before The Second Dream, War Within and New War respectively, but Gorgon Wraith; as well as Karak Wraith (which I have ready for assembly too) and Twin Vipers Wraith; aren't. Absolutely no way to tell these weapons existed before I got parts for them.

Which is a pity 'cos that means I'm going for a "cat in the bag", since I can't preview its current stats in the Codex.

I mean really, I did 4 runs and got all 4 required parts, that's p much RNGesus telling me "go for it". For reference: I had 3 Imperator Vandal Barrels and a couple of blueprints before I got Imperator Vandal Reciever.

• I did the 3 missions required to get the catalyst and will skip the rest.

When I played it the first time I grinded this event to the point that even today I have 18 gorgon wraith barrels left in my inventory.

I started stelling this old junk yesterday since I no longer need it. Back then I also was more interested in the mods (1% drop chance) from this event.

Doing this event just for the weapon components isnt just worth it.

The full set is sold for 10plat atm while individual parts are worth ~5plat. Ok money is always welcome... but the grind behind this event isnt worth it.

You have to play Archwing missions for the Gryptographic ALU... then you somehow need to grind for gallium and polymer bundles... and then you need to do the mission itself. In the end you have to play 3 different missions to get a weapon part which is worth 5plat. If I do one Nightmare mission OR a Lua Mission OR a Derelict Vault OR a bounty on Cetus... yes just one mission I get a mod that worth more than just 5 plat.

With time in Warframe I learned to avoid the grind.

Gorgon Wraith, compared to Gorgon:

Higher base damage (27.0 vs. 25.0)

Higher Impact b Impact damage (23.0 vs. 18.75)

Lower Puncture b Puncture damage (2.7 vs. 3.75)

Lower Slash b Slash damage (1.3 vs. 2.5)

Lower critical chance (15% vs. 17%)

Higher critical multiplier (1.9x vs. 1.5x)

Higher status chance (21% vs. 9%)

Higher fire rate (13.3 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)

Larger max ammo capacity (900 rounds vs. 540 rounds)

Faster reload speed (3 s vs. 4.2 s)

Faster spool-up (10 rounds vs. 15 rounds)

More accurate (17 vs. 12)

Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 3)

Lower disposition (1.35 vs. 1.4)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Not to mention the mission itself was a PITA. If not for TVTropes I wouldn't even know that I had to hack the consoles on the balconies to make the Bursas come down and then hack the Bursas themselves to make Razorback vulnerable. And all of that 9Sing under fire would be a risky prospect if not for Rhino's 2.

Speaking of Rhino... is there any way to make any frame invisible? 'cos I've got a veiled Riven that requires me to shoot some unalerted mooks while invisible. I guess I need to get either Ash, Loki or Ivara (and either roll the riven with Dread or a Supress mod) for that, and let's just say that I'm closer to getting Ivara then onther two.

I am aware of Skiajati finisher, but that seems to be unreliable.

• Ash can do that but getting an ash takes time. Ivara, Loki yes... but also take time.

There is an Arcane that can do that (I relied on that on the MR19 or MR20 test -> stealth test -> it sucks). But that takes even more time.

If you want the riven quick we can do a mission together and get the cloaking from my Octavia. That would be almost no effort.

lol the cloaking one belongs to the easier riven tasks.

Wait until you have to kill 20 enemies while aim gliding or 15 kills during a wall latch without touching the ground.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• An update.

I have reached MR9 recently. So... now I have Lesion, and it's rather nice. It's a Polearm rather than a Staff, but eh, I never understood why there's even a difference. Either way, I don't have it fully ranked yet and it already has >100% status chance and decent damage.

Another weapon I added to my collection is Ignis Wraith, and it rocks. Especially for some Defense missions where enemies have a lot of cover.

And put a second forma into my Acceltra. Unfortunately I don't have Vital Sense yet. Codex claims it's a drop from Prod Crewmen, Corpus Power Carriers, Terra enemies (Orb Vallis) and certain missions. What's my best bet to find it?

As an addition, I've been farming Corrupted Vor on Mot. Gotta get those 60-60 mods.

• the chances that vitel sense drops from one of these enemies is minimal (0.01%)

you have higher chances if you play dark sector survivial, dark sector defense, excavations or salvage missions (there the mod is part of the normal b rotation, usually with a 8% drop chance

Staff = stick it into your enemy

Polearm = slice through your enemy

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Finally got Vital Sense, now I just need a Cold 60-60 mod for my Acceltra build... or I can sink couple more formas and settle on maxxed 90% mods. It isn't like Acceltra needs those 60% status chance anyway.

Also I've got one more addition to my arsenal, Twin Grakatas. Let's see how they handle compared to Dex Furis.

As for Lesion, well...

Warframe0117.jpg

A consideration is to swap Rending Strike with Fever Strike to make Viral damage the highest and therefore highest on the proc priority. Or swap it with Fury for faster attack (already have attack speed buff from Quickening, but can doublestack).

Note that I have an excess mod capacity and the weapon is still rank 26 on the screenshot. I will probably need a couple of primed mods to make use of Forma necessary. Hopefully, next time Baro brings something other than a temptation to gobble up a weapon slot (looking at you Ignis Wraith). Or maybe I shouldn't have potatoed it.

Either way, a direct upgrade over the Broken Scepter.

• The Lesion is actually a strange one. It took me some time to figure out what's going here.

Usually you would assume since Viral is the best damage type at the moment followed by Heat this would be the best combination to go with.

I came to the conclusion that Cold is better for this specific weapon.

As you can see in this video I tested multiple builds (I did test a good bunch of other builds but those were not worth it).

The first test was a Heat based... the 8 enemies are dead after 14.08 secs.

The next one is exactly the same build but heat replaced by Cold -> 7.2 secs until the last enemy died.

So Cold was twice as good as a heat build. I repeated the tests about 10 times just to be sure the numbers are correct. There are small variations but overall its just like in this vid.

3rd test as you can see in the vid is based mostly on the same build but I had to rearrange stuff in order to get Viral + Heat into this setup (this is not so easy considering the limited slots). I had to sacrifice the Range mod with the result that 13.56 secs to kill the 8 enemies.

4th test was the same as the 3rd one but instead of range I sacrificed speed with the result of 8.3 secs until the last enemy got killed. This is at least close to pure Cold build... but it is not better.

Cold is not the best damage type... but it works best for this weapon.

Why?

The cold build is relative simple. Viral + Heat requires you to add 2 additional elemental mods which in the end means to sacrifice something (in this case either range or speed) else because your number of slots is limited. The Lesion is a weapon with relative short range and adding +3m makes a huge difference in damage output. 3m is +110% additional range so you double your potential damage (actually more). Replacing the Fury had less impact since the Beserker mod is my main increase of speed. On Berserker the attack speed inscreases by 30% with every crit hit (up to 75%). The Lesion has a low crit rate but this is compensated by its by default already fast attack speed and the many targets to hit. The Weeping Wounds mod add +40% crit chance per combo multiplier so... crit is building up fast. The fury mod for sure would have been very beneficial in order to get the crit hits started.

In the end in test 4 I sacrificed speed for a higher status chance (from the elemental mods) and Viral + Heat damage which currently are king... but in the end the better damage types (Viral + Heat) were not able to compensate the loss of speed.

But why is Cold so good? In the end all it does is to slow down enemies.

It took me some time to figure this out. The Lesion is a weapon which wont kill in one strike... you have to hit the enemies with many fast slashes and every time the enemies get pushed away from you a little bit. That means the group of enemies you are trying to fight is going to spread out and move away from you with every hit until you can not hit all of them anymore. You have to move around and that costs time.

Cold slows down this pushing movement. It keeps the enemies in place... they can not move away from you and you can hit them all over and over again while the slash damage (which still is the highest damage type) will bleed them out.

I have no better theory about why Cold is king here... I could be totally wrong... but Ive spent hours testing this... and the results always were the same.

Despite being the worse damage type and despite having lower total damage... Cold was always the most efficient build.

:bsinceresadness:

Btw. a pure Viral build (without the heat) is also pretty effective.

Its the same build as my Cold build... but instead of the Drifting Contact mod I would use Virulent Scourge. The time to kill is about the same (minimal difference). It has the Bonus damage from the Viral + a bit more status chance. The peak damage could be higher on single targets but in the end Cold keeps groups of enemies in range and Drifting Contact has +10s Combo Duration which would be very useful to keep a high combo counter running even when you have to move around in the levels. When the combo counter resets your crit chance and your damage output also resets and it takes times to wind up again. Having this 10s buffer for sure helps to keep the combo and all connected effects high until you find your next target.

The Heat damage btw. is totally pointless since it only deals a small amount of heat status damage over 6 seconds while stripping up to 50% armor from the enemies.

But the main damage type of the Lession is slash (~75% of the total damage is slash) and slash by default ignores armor. So heat isnt really doing much here. You dont need to reduce armor if the main damage type already bypasses that armor.

Key differences between your build and my main build:

Rainbow build vs Cold build

Pressure Point vs Blood Rush (Blood Rush = +60% crit chance per combo counter)

Melee Prowess vs Condition Overload (Condition Overload = +120% damage per status type)

Quickening = Fury = Primed Fury (pretty much the same actually)

Rending Strike + Jagged Edge (slash damage) vs Weeping Wounds (+40% Status chance per combo counter) + Berserker (+30% speed maxed at 75%)

-> my slash damage is lower but I apply it much more often since the combo counter can go up to 12 -> Base status + 60% from the cold mod + 40% from Drifting contact + up to 12x40% from Weeping Wounds. Base Status chance is 37% so a total of ~215% status chance would be possible. Status above 100% is meanwhile possible in Warframe so in the end +200% status will multiple status effects guaranteed with every hit.

You might point out that you don't have these mods. A fair point.

You can buy Blood Rush for 7 plat on the market. Condition Overload is 25p... Berserker 6p... Weeping Wounds ~40p.

A total of 78plat.

The prices is what I would pay... as I always set buy orders at the prices I consider fair. Never agree to the sale offers (people want to make profit).

Now you could go to Cetus and do a bunch of bounties (the 3rd + 4th one). Collect the set mods from there and sell them to other players and in 2-3 days you can easily afford to buy the fancy melee mods.

That would be my advice how to turn your Lesion into a true endgame build.

Sorry for the wall of text... but I guess its helps to understand how stuff fits together.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Easy way to get Simaris standing (the other standing at the end is just a side effect)

Solo Mode

Stealth Frame (Ivara - efficiency build)

best to run a Syndicate mission (spy, exterminate, etc.) since you can combine it with searching for syndicate marks.

Exterminate missions work best since the number of enemies is higher and you would kill scanned enemies anyways for mission completion.

no bulletjumps... just rolling or slowly walking!

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• New Toy:

Pretty powerful bow but not maxed out yet. Only has 48% bonus damage atm.

A small Lua spy mission guide. Sooner or later you will have to do this mission and its probably the most difficult spy mission.

Ideally you wont mess up the wall jumping part on the first room the way I did.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• My Saryn build

Good for every endless game mode as it is a perfect damage dealer to large groups of enemies. The spores spread from target to target and grow stronger while you apply additional damage and debuffs. The effect can run endlessly and is only limited by the ability range.

You can do a bit shooting if you want... but actually the enemies die no matter what.

My Sniper builds:

The first is a default sniper build that can easily deal with lvl125 Grineer. The 2nd build in the vid is for Eidolon hunting.

As you can see I often miss targets on the 2nd build. Thats no big deal. The Eidolon build has a much higher damage output but at the cost of accuracy. Since Eidolons with their 20m height are significantly harder to miss than a Grineer head the accuracy problem vanishes. What matters is the damage output when capturing the 3 Eidolons.

For normal gameplay the more accurate sniper build should be used.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Since the Exploiter Orb is one of the elite nightwave challenges this week... thats how it works.

Phase 1:

1. go to the cave to deck 12

2. activate the console at the backside of the cave

3. destroy the first canister on the spider

4. after the spider switched sides throw thermia canisters (which spawn regulary) at the frozen parts and then destroy these parts with your guns

5. leave the cave

Phase 2:

1. keep destroying the small spiders

2. take the canisters and put them into the fractures

3. take the charged thermia canisters and throw them right on the spider until she overheats

4. you have to do that 3 times

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• This one belongs to the move complex boss fights, at least on the star map but it is no witchcraft.

I did it solo in the vid above (this was not intentional, but welcome in order to record the mechanics) but this specific fight is played by groups very frequently so you don't have to worry about trying it. People know what to do.

I really like this fight because the mechanics are very similar to Eidolon hunts and the mission holds some of the most important story elements of the game.

However, a small guide to this fight.

Phase 1:

1. You start going left and cross the cables. Careful because the Ropalolyst will send electrical charges through the cables. You can jump over them or to a free cable.

2. Once you reach the platform you place your warframe infront of the larger blue container and switch to your Operator form. The Ropalolyst will attack your Warframe with a beam (the warframe can not be damaged when in operator form) and most likely will hit the blue container behind it which then will overcharge.

3. In the meantime you attack the Ropalolyst with your amp until it has no shields anymore.

4. Next step is to bulletjump towards your enemy and press X. This lets you grab and climb it.

5. After a short animation sequence you can for a short moment take control over the Ropalolyst and steer him right into the charged container. Yep thats an oversized electric mosquito killer. This procedure will stun the Ropalolyst and sends him back right to the middle platform.

Phase 2:

1. If you have problems to survive clear the small enemies first. Otherwise... ignore them.

2. You main task is destroy the two metallic parts on the backside of the Ropalolyst (the Synovia). I use a hard hitting sniper for that job... but you can use whatever you want.

3. Once one of the Synovia is destroyed the Ropalolyst is stunned for a short moment and you have a few seconds time to activate a corpus console on the platform. This will activate a blue beam damaging the Ropalolyst even further.

Now you do Phase 1 again but on the platform that is opposite to where you entered the room.

Then you do Phase 2 a 2nd time to destroy the 2nd Synovia.

Then Phase 1 again on the right platform.

On the final phase you are back on the center platform where you can directly damage the Ropalolyst (every body shot counts). To finish the fight you just have to activate the corpus console again when the Ropalolyst has no health anymore.

Thats it.

It is not difficult... especially when you are in a team.

It just requires you to know the mechanics but that applies to most of the boss fights.

e.g. I recently grinded for ember blueprints and played the Sargas Ruk assassination mission. Most of the people that I played with were wildly firing this guy depleting their ammo or using melee attacks nonstop to do nearly no damage to him.

They made the fight significantly longer than required because their attacks prevented him from exposing his weak spots.

Sargas Ruk is a boss enemy which requires exactly 3 shots to kill him.

160?cb=20140115160404

If you allow him to attack you his bigger arm (the one he holds up) starts glowing blue. That's where you have to hit him first.

Right after that his chest plate opens and the inside glows blue... that's where the 2nd shot goes into.

And finally you move behind him and shot the blue glowing part on his back.

This fight can be over in less than 10 seconds... or after multiple minutes if you keep spamming him with attacks.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,