windows 10 1909 latest version

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Scarface135.

• Hi all is anyone using the new version of windows 10 i need to update because of sound driver issues again ( windows 10 is a absolute pain in the ass ) i dont want to revert back to windows 7 as i need DX12.

i need to know if anyone is using new version and how it is with driver compatibility performance etc

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• have not updated yet

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• same am thinking about it doing some research before hand need to do checks with my sound card and creative software on new version etc dont know why windows always has to mess with things with all these updates rather they took 5 years to fully test and iron out all compatibility issues with drivers etc with other company's software.

Microsoft are a joke really thinking of going to linux again

if anyone has and creative sound cards there are modded drivers that are a work around because creative drivers are bollocks the 2 sites to go to are ( ill put links which is easier to find

PAX site ( PAX Drivers | Hardware Heaven Forums

Daniel K drivers site ( Daniel_K's Official Blog

your welcome hope it helps others who have driver issues ( tip for you install latests win 10 driver from creative first is important ) ( but with creative they don't add all the features so what u need to do is go to the site links i added and download a pack for same card and that will add all the features ( A MUST IS TO DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ON WINDOWS 10 ) so it does not give you conflicts between both drivers.

make a folder in c drive saying PAX drivers or Daniel K drivers folder then install in that folder ( that is a must also )

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

Edited once, last by (IOC)Scarface135 ().

• Hello mate,

the issues you are having are caused by Windows 10's default behavior of automatically downloading and installing the latest drivers for all devices. You should either use ONLY these auto-downloaded drivers, or disable the automatic update feature and install the driver of your choice.

I tested some Creative cards under Windows 10 with this feature disabled, using Daniel K's support packs + extra software from Creative site (Vienna, 3D MIDI player). As long as you don't try to update or reinstall any driver or software components, they will work fine and stable just like in earlier Windows versions. One PC at my parents' is equipped with an X-Fi card similar to yours and has been running Windows 10 for a few years by now without any sound issues. Also, the drivers from Daniel K are digitally signed and you don't have to disable signature check to install them.

If you'd like to use the same approach, there are several ways to disable driver updates in Win 10, either completely or for specific devices only. Instructions can be easily found in the web. Here are some, for example:

How to disable automatic driver updates on Windows 10 | Windows Central

How to Disable Automatic Driver Updates in Windows 10? | Windows OS Hub

Hope this helps!

• ya cool mate yeah i reinstalled yesterday fresh drivers and worked great lastnight but i tried gaming today on farcry 5 to test stuff ie sound card and everything else now my sound card is causing event ID 41 ive tried putting sound card into a different pci slot same issue sound cuts out then crashes my system so may sell my sound card as i cant be bothered to mess around with driver installs etc unless i go back to windows 7 i read online that microsoft may be putting DX12 into windows 7 hopefully they do then there will be no need for windows 10.

only reason why i use windows 10 for DX12 also i use a software to stop all windows updates etc so that is not a issue but i did do some updates but i selected what to update as i made a post about it on here which worked but from there i have had issues with sound cutting out then today sound was doing same but crashing my whole system i have fixed it now i think just take sound card out of system using onboard audio is fine may buy new sound card but not creative as they are useless for support they are like EA money grabbing twats

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• but not creative as they are useless for support

I would like to disagree with you here... The best example is Audigy series which have official drivers for systems from Windows 95 to Windows 10 and also emulate a DOS-compatible device:neo: Any later models have support from Win 7 to Win 10 at least.

Anyway, with Windows 10 and modern games, it doesn't matter what sound device you use as long it provides physical connections required for your setup. Only if you intend to (re)play older titles with EAX effects (mostly pre-2008), there can be a difference due to hardware acceleration on Creative cards.

Wikipedia has a list of such games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_games_with_eax_support

Also, the following page specifies if some of them are unable to produce surround sound on a modern OS without Alchemy: PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up

Depending on the games you want to play, this info could be important to you when choosing a new card.

HTH

• Also I don't play old games other than freelancer been there done them i look to the future of gaming awesome graphics and sound effects so i need to buy a sound card to complete the features for new games and future releases have to remember this card i have is 10 years old or older technology great card for music and movies but for gaming not so much and alot of people have alot of issues with creative why do u think people have had to mod drivers to support these cards is because creative are useless mate the support from them is shocking also

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• Windows 10 is absolutely bs if u have a sound card fact :negativ::negativ::negativ::cursing:

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• Testing new windows 1909 will post what it's like see if i find any bugs or issues with it

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• Avoid 1909 windows 10 worst version of Windows 10 what monkeys they got working for them ( not racist comment expression) worst company just like EA games fraud companies at best

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• dont write such nonsense

nothing is as bad as EA

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• EA is shocking op and that is fact and Microsoft is just as bad at getting things compatible lol to much tweaking and updates in my opinion anyway haha

had to post at least one nonse otherwise people forget im here :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• thats why you always should delay such an update until the first patches fix the most problematic issues (windows has that option)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i just tested it out see how it was it is shocking atm ill stay at windows 7 for a couple years til they get things right always worth testing before hand even though its a headache haha

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• I dont see a single reason to stick with windows 7.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• my sound card for one i have a creative sound blaster xfi titanium fidelity pro sb0880 model and i have alot of issues on windows 10 and creative drivers they are more stable on windows 7 and lower os there is support for windows 10 but they are buggy as hell.

i will be buying a new sound card after xmas and upgrading some other hardware hopefully by then after xmas they would have ironed out certain compatibility issues with updates every computer is different even if have same hardware so just because one does not have issues does not mean others don't also joys of technology op you have to love it lol.

its like atm im having issues playing games with my sound card when gaming sound goes choppy the pc goes sluggish then total freeze where i have to hard reset but when i play music or watch a movie with my sound card everything runs silky smooth so im working on a fix for this atm.

i have tested with onboard audio while gaming there are no issues so im wondering if its because my sound card is conflicting with another driver or pc has set sound card in same IRQ as some other device which im working on like i say joys of technology

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• but that would be fault of the driver manufacturers

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yes but with the driver for windows 10 not other versions as they do have for windows 7 and 8 etc if im on windows 10 i use the driver for that os so is a mix between both microsoft and creative why im trying to pin point my issue atm.

as microsoft and creative do work together to fix compatibility issues with there products on there os til they fix those issue on that os ill stay on windows 7 as only issue i have is when gaming sound goes choppy the freeze my whole system on windows 10 my sound card has more issues than windows 7

also im having issues getting minidump files to check as system just hangs no BSOD so that another issue im trying to fix.

im listening to music now and no issues at all with my sound crad all software that is installed no issues at all i have moved my sound card to a different pci slot as i have a good few on my mobo like i say need to test if it is conflicting with having same IRQ i need to check bios to see if i can manually set the IRQ for sound card also atm my sound card is using same IRQ with my lan driver.

i have also done a memtest all night last nite to test my ram come back healthy ran for about 10 hours extended check i have scanned my HDD and SSD today make sure they stable no errors or bad sectors.

i have read online that my GPU needs 600 watt psu to run optimal which is what i have atm 600 watt so im thinking maybe because i have other hardware running there is some issue with some hardware getting the power it needs so i will buy new psu 750 watt to have ample power for each piece of hardware.

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

Edited 2 times, last by (IOC)Scarface135 ().

• Think I have fixed all issues playing need for speed playback no crashes as of yet and running off sound card.

yep all fixed now runs perfect in gaming.

no nooooooob here hahaha. :thumbsup::neo::king:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,