amd asus strix R9 390 8gb graphics card

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• hi all i have just got this graphics card anyone else own this card if so has anyone had issues with it ie fans etc and if anyone has any info on any issues please post happy to do the same 8).:salutes

it is a absolute beast of a card would not even fit in my case hahahaha so now new case coming lmao done measurements but slightly off

im having micro stuttering like 1/2 milliseconds is not much but it is noticeable any know how to fix this

Installing recommended drivers installed latest but where beta drivers see how these whql drivers go

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

Edited 2 times, last by (IOC)Scarface135 ().

• (IOC)Scarface135

Changed the title of the thread from “amd asus strix R9 390 *gb graphics card” to “amd asus strix R9 390 8gb graphics card”.
  • a beast.... yeah... I used to have a R9 280x

served me good for many years but in the end was not good enough for modern games

The microstuttering could be a vsync issue AND/OR related to game optimization.

I used to have serious frame stuttering with my card back then in Star Trek Online. Hard to tell if it was a problem of the game, the driver or a hardware issue. Maybe a combination of all.

The stuttering problems were reason for me to say "AMD no more".

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ill need to test other games out try pin point what the stuttering is the graphics card is brand new ordered it 4 days ago received it today could it be that the mod needs updating to newer graphics cards compatibility ( just a thought ) or it maybe my gpu is a high end card and im using a old intel i5 2500 non k so much to pin point lol

ive moved from a asus gtx 750ti 2gb game was smooth no stuttering or anything soon as i moved to a bigger higher end card just have that issue with what i stated

as of i only play your cf mod atm totally addicted and its even better i play with a great group of people in the clan so ill be hooked for a good few years lol

just done a bottleneck test seems my cpu is not upto the power to keep up with gpu ( these are more accurate as i didnt pick right gpu on its own )

Files

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

Edited 3 times, last by (IOC)Scarface135 ().

• thats clearly an upgrade (eventhough not high-end)

but lets face it, most games are optimized for Nvidia unless you have a game with vulcan support

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• thats clearly an upgrade (eventhough not high-end)

but lets face it, most games are optimized for Nvidia unless you have a game with vulcan support

added extra pics on post above gpu has vulkan support i put a screenshot of GPUz

this time on old gtx 750ti my gpu was to weak for cpu lol

going to buy a i5 3570k overclock it to 4 ghz website im using saying 3.33 percent bottleneck which is a green for me says work great together so thats my next step

game runs smoother at 60 fps but feels sluggish need to find out how to cap my fps on this mod to around 140 fps to 100 fps maybe the sweet spot i put pics up to show my cpu is not bogging out my gpu and its not my gpu bogging out my cpu.

gpu is more active than cpu as i show i am using msi afterburner on screen display to look up if any bottlenecking is happening

this mod is not very intensive game i dont think it is anyway im used to playing AAA titles very gpu demanding and cpu so think its just

i need to find sweet spot and cap it easy enough once do some research with these new features on this card

i tried tomb raider latest and that is where my cpu is bottlenecking constant 100 percent usage and gpu not so much which was using directx 12 full

and this gpu is high end just not latest models of high end graphics cards ie the RTX cards etc

i will be looking at either upgrading mobo and gpu as i have a decent psu i have a couple of sticks of ddr4 3200mhs about 8 gb off my friend for free at work as he just upgraded so all i need is a mobo and cpu i have a great cpu cooler that not needed not to expensive as i get decent discounts hehe

cracked it game is capped nice and smooth now no rush for upgrade as of yet but will think about it

Files

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

Edited 7 times, last by (IOC)Scarface135 ().

• I didnt even know that a bottleneck calcultor exists but i guess it was pointless to even bother about it. The RTX 2070 super does not exist in this tool so i took a RTX 2080 since the super cards are just rebranded 2080 with a smaller memory and less active rtx cores

Files

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I didnt even know that a bottleneck calcultor exists but i guess it was pointless to even bother about it. The RTX 2070 super does not exist in this tool so i took a RTX 2080 since the super cards are just rebranded 2080 with a smaller memory and less active rtx

no matter how old we all are we all learn something everyday lol thanks for all responsive swat i got hang of it now ill just balance each game i play an set fps limits etc and fan curves for each game simple enough :thumbsup::thumbsup::salutes

thats a great setup those two you have cpu and gpu see i dont see point of buying latest hardware etc aslong it it performs at a great rate for each needs ya just throwing money at it and with pc hardware specially they always bring new out at least 3 or 4 times in one year with not much performance/to cost ratio differences in my opinion but not everyone does the same things as everyone else which is understandable ( dont get me wrong its great to have the best but at what cost lol i have money but does not mean u waste it on minimal performance increase in my opinion.

considering my cpu is like what 9 10 years old or maybe alittle more still performs great on most AAA titles if set up correctly but i not bothered about playing on UHD resolutions 1080p im happy with i buy it to play the game and enjoy visuals at a good price but lowish always best to but whats best bang for ya buck to performance ratio.

each to there own tho but i like the set up you have with cpu and gpu .

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

Edited once, last by (IOC)Scarface135 ().

• ive read alot about ray tracing and they have not ironed out the fps issues with it in my eyes its not worth it as of yet maybe in a few years then yes but for what they charge for it not worth it other cards are just as good for less money

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• btw, if you want play only in 1080p then 1070 Ti is all what you need, and it is much cheaper as this new serie of GK cards. Imo where power is really needed. or where will be needed is VR. I tried it this summer for a first time and it is amazing how senses can be "fooled" ... it was great experience, however it was clearly an issue for my head, so I will stay with classic monitor for gaming in foreseable future :) . I thought about graphic card when did last PC upgrade, but nvidia seemed to me as clear winner (bcs real usefulness and performance in games)

• To be honest I'm really interested in Ray tracing atm give it a couple of years for them to perfect it and get it stable etc makes more sense then rush buying it in my opinion same with vr give it a few years til they perfect that aswel on a more stable basis but looking forward to seeing it in a few years when more games come out with the api software we have today vulkan mantle etc dx 12.

Microsoft can be so slow with other companies to get things done so I know things always take alot of time.

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,