Work in progress - Spitfire

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Son of Angmar.

• I started this model yesterday, at the point of working on textures. Haven't decided between Bounty Hunter maps or Border Worlds style, but leaning towards BH. Would also work well witch Civilian fighter textures. I could make my own from scratch however that isn't really needed for this style of work. Although I could easily go with a higher poly count, I really like the simpler mesh designs of vanilla Freelancer. I'd like the model to blend into the existing styles rather than being obviously more modern. The engines are a little higher poly-count, but not much more than average FL models. The model is fairly complete save for the hard-points and interior faces.

Presenting the Spitfire

• This ship model look really interesting, nice work!

• Nice work ! :) looks great Loving your modeling and textures atm :) Keep it up mate! btw are you doing this as a hobby or are you planning on making your own mod ?

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• Thanks. It's a hobby at the moment but I won't rule out a mod in the future. Has been about 20 years since I really did any kind of serious work, so I'm mostly relearning old skills and cleaning the rust off.