Crossfire keep closing to desktop at certain part

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Please forgive me if there is currently a thread on here regard this issue or if i have posted in wrong place.

I have been playing freelancer crossfire for about 30 minutes and i am up to the part you team up with King to take out the rogue base at the start of the single player campaign and twice it has crashed. i have gotten a black screen and then an error saying "game as stopped working" ; then returns to desktop.

it has been roughly when myself and king receive reinforcements and the bombers destroy the base. plays the cinematic of the base blowing up, goes back to flight mode and a second later i get black screen and then it crashes. I only running one mod in flmm and that is crossfire2.0

At first i thought it may of crashed because i pressed the windows key or something but i have gone into regedit and disabled it and tried again but, with no luck.

is this a bug within the single player component of the mod or is it an easy fix i can do? i have read online that it can crash if you don't have .NET framework 3.5 ticked in windows features but honest dont have a clue.....:sos:

i am not after playing multiplayer just yet as i haven't played the campaign in about 10years and was looking forward to getting the grips of it and diving into the amazing story-line the game has to offer. all i can think of at the moment is to delete everything and just play the vanilla version of the game, if it doesn't crash that is.

anyone else had this issue?

• Greetings, Cyber.Punk,

welcome here on portal. Net framework should be installed with the CF mod and also all necessary files/libraries IF installation proceed correctly. If game (SP) crash repeatebly in the same moment, it can be (for example) bcs some file is missing (for example removed by antivirus, or corrupted etc.). What you can do (to narrow your issue) is use "eventvwr" in command prompt and look where happened issue for application. SinglePlayer campaign was played many times by many players without similar looking report; it means that it very likely is local issue. Sometimes we can help if there is given more technical informations.

Majority of issues we had here are comning from bad mod installation/activation, files removed/blocked or changed due system or security software, and in last time it was due Win10 1809 release which was only freshly "partly" solved (you can use only vanilla shader in launcher option). But that issue (Win 1809) resulted in game not starting at all. My guess for this case is missing or corrupted game file.

You can also upload your lates mission save just for us to test if we can pass that mission. It seems to me really early for campaign issues, but there is general advice to avoid use of autosaves (they can corrupt SP game progress), if problem happen, go for latest mission save and replay action from it.

Known SP Campaign issues:

• Mod not correctly installed/activated (use FLMM coming with mod please, it assures that you use correct version of FLMM which is able correctly activate CF)
    • Use of other mods
    • Game files blocked/removed by other software (or HDD issue like happened once for me)
    • Use of autosaves (really, do not use them)
    • Mission path was not followed ... this should be not case for vanilla part, but later it can be problem.
    • and I forget one thing: non-original vanilla freelancer used. We had here cases when game was crashing for player and it was due his vanilla game "source". CF changes huges amount of files from vanilla freelancer, but not all of them.

... can you please try use attached autosave for play? (that one is many times verified and 100% functional). Mission save "Beta 4 reports".

• Iit also would help to take a look at the crash reports from the windows eventviewer and post them here.

A detailed instruction how to do that can be found at: What Is the Windows Event Viewer, and How Can I Use It?

(instead of "system" you look under "applications")

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!