Urgent Help Needed!

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Apologies if this has been posted before but I've searched high and low and found a few threads that simply didn't work.

I have recently come back to Freelancer (Old player from Asylum 51).

I installed everything and all worked fine, a good few hours of playing, worked perfect and I loved what the SWAT Team had created.

However after logging out and back on later in the day I am getting severe lag. Like lag that renders the game unplayable.

I've tried everything, uninstall and reinstall etc, limiting the FPS and nothing works. When I install the vanilla FL its perfect. I'll add that my computer play BF4 on ultra without a problem.

Please someone help.

Thanks.

• From what you specify, its FPS lag and not server related lag, correct ? (just as info, you can check ping, packet loss n etc with in game commands like /ping, and /help for more info )

But Im unable to guess for sure what is causing that, there were posts about issues with bloom and few other graphical options as issues, but that should give issues since the beggining when you first played. It could help if you list what options you picked when installing CF, like HUD, etc.

You are not running on a laptop which has a good graphic card and also an intel integrated one, right ? As maybe it switched on using the integrated one instead of Nvidia/main one after a laptop restart, as the game is old.

SWAT_OP-R8R can probably bring more useful info.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I remember that another player had similar problems which were related to a graphic driver.

also trying different shader options would be an option.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Shaders was the option that bugged last player, yeh, just odd it worked the first run for hours. Worth changing anyway

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Some work better than others, some seem to be perfect, then I move and its like its like i have 32MB RAM, when actually I have 32GB. This is getting very ridiculous now, especially as it work perfectly for hours.

• Cant diagnostic if theres a bottleneck ? Its really weird that it works fine for hours then that

• In task manager or resource monitor (at task manager- performance) if anything gets maxed out like CPU or RAM or graphics

Also, graphics driver is on latest version, right ?

• Its weird you said some shaders gave issues from beggining and some gave issues after some hours of playing. Maybe test with "No selection" at shaders when you start the game, in launcher box ? Shouldnt no shaders make a difference? And maybe window mode ? Random stuff to test/troubleshoot lol, I wouldnt stop trying stuff until I find something.

Got a good antivirus to scan for viruses ? Some harsher antiviruses can block/delete stuff from CF though as there are few things "hidden" so people cant steal code, so if something from CF pops there you can try putting it as exception if you do a scan or anything.

• You sure your Antivirus isnt trying to block CF while it runs ? If its not a graphical issue, thats the only thing I can guess, not on here, but seen games not running properly because it keeps being blocked by AV while its running.

Idk if Swat OP or Forlon see this.

• my best bet still is a broken graphics driver

If it was working once and then for some reason makes problems then its something that has changed on the system.

Since I didnt do changes on the mod recently it must be something not related to the mod.

Graphics drivers sometimes get installed in background and it wouldnt be the first time that a new driver is faulty.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!