Lag

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BG_falcon.

• If the server is having problems with the lag due to people using the server. Is there anything that can be done on our end to help reduce the lag? and is there a way to reduce the ping you get when logging on? thank you for any suggestion.

• I don't know about reducing ping, but one can cause less lag while serverside (unless I'm mistaken) by not making downloads, running other large programs, or scanning anything with antivirus software. I'm sure there's other ways as well, but I'm just not sure what they are :D.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Hehehe :D. It's just a hunch, but another thing that I think would help is if you didn't use Coalition Gattling cannons. Don't ask me to explain it, but I've discovered that I don't lag as often without them. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but it might be worth a shot 8). Good journey.

• thank you that's good to know. I don't recall ever useing those type of guns. If i came across one i'll try it out and see what happens myself.

• If you leave 3D Sound on you're also at risk for experiencing some truly funky things, including crashes. Turning it off would probably be wise :D.

• Not everyone HAS TO have trouble if his 3D sound is activated...just newer Graphic cards have trouble with it...and this usually causes game and even windows crashes...

PS: Nothing against your graphic card ;)8)

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• never accord to me to check those things...i do remember haveing sound problems in the past now that it's been mentioned. my video card is a nvidia geforce fx 5200 128 meg ddr with the lastest drivers i could find.

all info has been appreciated. thanks.

• Well I lower stuff myself and it does seem to help just a little. I think the cannon do lag. Since I got them my lag seems to have worsened. Is there a fix for this?

Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions
    and great wizards of emerald cities, I find it
    hard to believe there is no paperwork involved
    when your house lands on a witch.
    - Dave James

:tongue: