New weapom idea

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Raven19.

• Hi, I was playing crossfire and lookt at the dimensional rift(Singplayer). And I just had an idea for a weapon.

What if you had this weapon that you could just but for 50 mil and mount it on your ship, And your flying around in space and your seeing enemy ships. And now you have this beam weapon that shoots a beam and and at the end of the beam after 4 K a rift opens and the rift becomes the rift you see in the cutscene of mission 13 where the nomads get suckt in. And then all ships within 3 K gets suckt in in the rift and dies.
    9but the rift would have to be a bit smaller than in mission 13.

What do you guys think (And SWAT what do you think :P ) ?

• ok i think
    1. equipment cant be more expensive than 10mio$ in fl (including ships)
    2. fl has no gravity to suck something in (in m13 it was scripted)
    3. no weapon can open a rift
    4. even if all those previous points would be possible somehow... there would be terrible lag

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• But if it would be possible than it would be cool :P

• yeah

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hmmm.. this would be cool if such a wepon would be posible just image u fly frue a hostil teritory and thear the enemy ..u engage shoot his new wepon but in the wrong direction and hits a neer rock(100m from u :D ) ..and you got suck in the dimension warp ... but now the story cane have 2 posible endings coz no1 nows exactly what happened to the nomads after mision-13 8)

1.u got killed
    2. u get sucked in and and jump out in the Dk Home World (well basicaly u will die :P )

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• ok how about this one.

a MK II gatling that you can only get after killing a set number of coalies say 500 or 1000.

the gun should run the same stats as the gatling MK I but with a 5-10% increase in damage that way it will mount with the basic gatling.

not sure if the program would be able to count the coalies killed and give the gun at the right time.

• I had once a dream about something in FL. Imagine, that u have a heavy lifter & u are able to build a jumpgate to a system that`s allready in FL. Of course not a lasting one. That one would be unstable & would destroy itself, let`s say, 3 days after it`s built. For example: I want to build a jumpgate from Honshu to Omega 41. I build it & after 3 days it`s gone. But to build that gate i need to get several parts for it. And i have to fly all around sirius to get them. Of course they have to be expensive. & only 1 part can be transported @ time. But that would cause many crashes, coz every1 would have to build a gate like that...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• server <-> client incompatibility
    and after every restart (2 times every day) everything would have gone

but i tell you what would be possible
    a instable wormhole
    one side would be fixed and the other sides would be jumping
    it can be build with the dynamic universe so every day you would come out in a different system

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Whay from Texas ??? ?(
    maby from X-3043 were the jh is hiden in the asteroid filde :D

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.

• If we're inventing new weapons -
    What about missile turrets for all class weapons?
    CODENAME turrets?
    Phoenix project turrets?

Those would be REALLY useful for the merchant crowd

Askume_Kunoichi

• Ok now this:

You shoot a beam into space and after 2 K it opens up a wormhole(like babylon 5) and you get a list in the right of the screem and you can choose a system where you want to jump to :P . that would make suprise attacks really fun :P

• just ceep dreaming ..maby ther will be a time were theat will be posible but as op told it is inposible and would coz big lag :(

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

Translation:

• yeah and imagine if i would get hands on the source code to realize all this O_o

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i think OPs idea with jump hole that can send us anywhere is space random is good
    also the idea with better guns, like Coalition Gattling MK2 is good
    but the thing with weapons that open a worm hole to somewhere is stupid, because trhat way i could go to Menton directly from NY and then back

@OP: is it possible to realize carbine60 idea? so we get guns after we destroy 500 coalition ships?

• not in that way
    it would be possible to create a program that opens player files... checks how many kills you have from lets say nomad fighters... and does write a new line to the playerfile adding a gun to the cargohold if there are enough kills

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

You shoot a beam into space and after 2 K it opens up a wormhole(like babylon 5) and you get a list in the right of the screem and you can choose a system where you want to jump

ahh and i got a question abut this how did u thogt u would jump to were ever u want i meen you would need to nowe the precise coordinats not to jump in a sun or a planet :rolleyes: and i dont think theat its posible to remember all the coordinats of all sytems 8o

so how was u thinkig to do it ?( i meen off corse its inposible but if ..if it would be possible how would u think to do it ?(

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

Translation:

• how to remember??
    lol, THAT easy question.

well, you have navmap, right?
    so you see in your navmap where you want to be transported. and if you dont have the map of the system, well, you can guess.
    btw. its stupid to talk about something that ISNT possible to make