Playing devils advocate for licensing on CF

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by privateer.

• OK, there seems to be a lot of trouble with the licensing of all the people in the game. As a member of the Crossfire Police Department I am proud to carry a police license

...However...

I do not believe in "Branding" pirates or Mercs or any other faction in the game. We want to role play...OK cool but remember your roles here peeps. My role is a cop, i am easily identified as a cop I do cop things, I carry a badge, I eat doughnuts...

Pirates...hmmm ever really seen a real pirate??? (not counting Jonny Depp)...No???? guess what, that is because they dont carry a little sign that says "hey, im a pirate" Same with mercs.

Feel free to express opinions here but no flames please.

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• as far as I know is {X} a sign of a pirate...heard it somewhere...maybe Im wrong...I have never been one...just a psycho :D

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• heh, i go back and forth about this subject with one of my fellow CFPD'ers. If a pirate wants to carry a license that says, "HEY, IM A PIRATE, COME SHOOT ME!!" then so be it. But if they want to play their part and take their chances with the police then thats cool too.

I do know that CFPD cannot sit at NB or Stutgart and wait for all the people to come in and out with their trains because they are worried abt the pirates.

We will go kill the pirates that are attacking but we cannot baby sit. Once we chase the pirate out of the system we are done until the next complaint agains t the pirate.

Now...do i think a pirate is going to actually listen to us and stay out of the system for an hour or whatever? Hell no. If I was a pirate as soon as the cops left I would be right back at it. It is the nature of the pirate. And I darn sure would not advertise if I were just a freelancer running pirate activities. the CFPD will eventually hear abt all the freelance pirates out there. :)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)

• hm, you all have good points
    but i think i could help you with that problem
    for example:
    on other servers players who wants to be
    PIRATE must have "X"
    TRADER must have "T" and
    HUNTER must have "H" --> mercerany in our problem

so, i suggest that everyone who want to be pirate, ...... put the SYMBOL "X" on the end of the name, and all mercenarys put symbol "H" on the end of their names

this way we could know when are we going to have problems and when not

and the players who have "H" but do piracy can only hope not to get killed on their way tru systems
    but this is just my opinion

what do you think about that????

• I am thinking that the labels that are currently applied ie..[X] are fine. But when one needs to buy additional licenses to advertise they are a pirate I say no.

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    (\__/)

• Piracy is meant to be illegal so how could you get a licence for it.

And pirates don't fly the Jolly roger from their ships, it is just asking to get nicked.

Hate the Games Workshop rules? Check: 20000AD Project
    We're still working on it...

"If this band moved in next door your lawn would die." - Lemmy Kilmister

• Hi, as you all probably know me as Spirit{GRRr} and Serenity{GRRr} I have a pirate licence on all the chars i use to tax people, i see the diamond shape above my ship constantly... just a shame no one else can see them :)
    But if you scan me, you will see i carry the licence at all times.

Music gives soul to the universe, Wings to the mind, Flight to the imagination and Life to everything...

• Greetings Spirit. Yes I have seen that you carry a pirate license. It is your choice to do so. I am merely stating we should not FORCE anyone to get one. If you WANT to get one, cool, great, more power to you :) If you want to run a smuggler license while you are a pirate, great, cool. The only thing i would take exception to would be running a police license while pirating.

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    (\__/)

• ok, after checking back on a few things... i dont know why I... yes I was culprit bringing up the license issue... i say we just pitch the license thing down the drain.

As a member of the Crossfire Police Department I am proud to carry a police license

So, then do you unnount the Police license to do ASF battles, and then re-mount it after unmounting your ASF license, or just have another character for ASF activities? Just curious, since I'm about to get my first ASF license...

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• no, i say we leave it as is... If you want to pick up a license then do so. If you do not then dont. Personally, i plan to pick up a few but leave some open for ASF license. Just switch ships for ASF CSF battles. Of course mine will be the police license so I can advertise without worry...

Hmmmm unless pirates start taking out bounties on police officers......................

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    (\__/)

• That would be great... however, i have 4 chars now made and unless they can be re-named with an {X} {M} on the end, i do not belive i should be made to re-make all my chars just to show im a pirate/merc.

If that is whats planned ofc.

I will continue to use a licence for the pirate thing until something else is decided, i love the roleplay and intend to do my job to the best best of my ability :)

lol Osiris.. now that would be funny :)

Music gives soul to the universe, Wings to the mind, Flight to the imagination and Life to everything...

• Licences are cool, if licence sign was vissible for all ... but anyway if lets say police coem and ask me for tax and he have police licence of cource i wont take it as RP but personally. I give example if someone have licence that suggest other RP than the player is doing should not be concidered as RP.

• i understand all of you guys but here is the think that is A BIG PROBLEM TO ME:
    for example:
    i have 3 chars: a pirate one, a trader and police one

so, when i go do some piracy on other players, the police will try to shoot me down when they see me,
    but they will ALSO SHOOT ME DOWN if im on my trader char because i have the same name but different sufiks or prefiks ( X, T or H)

now THATS my problem: if this is a RP game, then they should destroy ONLY the pirate char i have, not the other chars

btw. i only have 1 char at the moment, so i can say im in s.... right now, but ill make me few more

so, what can you say about that? should they destroy me everytime they see im playing or could they destroy only specific char of mine

i understand that if im a KOS to some clan , that ill be shoot whatever tag i have

• no, your trader should come under the protection of the CFPD unless he is dealing in BM goods.

However, that is ALL he must do is trade, no taxing, no shooting at others, etc. Just trading.

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    (\__/)

• Ok, I think that everyone knows who the pirate clans are, so, let's face it, we know who they are, no license needed.

Freelancers (and new clans unless their intentions have previously been stated) should at all times carry a license in order to give a little bit of warning until their name is known.

And CFPD should wear pink.

Or gingham.

IMO. :)

Edited due to typo or I would never live this down at the W.I.

• if the case was that a person had 3 chars:

Trader
    pirate
    police

well, i would do the following:

Kill the pirate
    Fine/confinscate/forcefully drop thier cargo of the trader if hes trading illegal goods, else i would protect him b/c he is a trader in all.
    as for the police, i would kill him... b/c he is a known pirate hiding under a false alias.

and besides, i dont think its completely right that a person makes a char with a pirate and a trader, then they are just making a police char to escape the reprocussions as a pirate. which i hope there would be some server rule that would catch them in that b/c thats like playing both sides of the fence.