Banned for crashing the server?

There are 61 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• Hello everyone. It seems that my account has been banned from the server. I assume that this has something to do with the constant server crashes. I would like to say that before attempting to connect to the server I had made a completely clean install of Freelancer and FLMM. Before reinstalling anything I made sure that no trace of previous installations remained in my computer. I followed the step by step instructions found in the forum. I don't understand how I could be responsible for crashing the server. A lot of players where trying to connect at the same time and the server went down again and again even after I was banned. I would really like to play crossfire 1.6 as I used to play Crossfire 1.57 without any problems. If I have made some other mistake that I don't realise please give me some advice so I can fix it. I would really like to play this wonderful mod in your server. Thanks in advance.

• after u were banned we didnt have a crash,there may be a problem with your files so pls redo it as darkstalker has explained on boards.
    Then ban can be lifted by OP as soon as he is able

• Yep, I too was banned, despite doing exactly what stalker said, to the letter. (Incidentally I was The-Gipper as there is a little debate regarding our clan). Now, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I noticed a previous thread on Zone Alarm causing problems. I was playing earlier, (not for long), got a warning from ZA and the server crashed, coincidence? Dunno cos I can't get back on using a different firewall.

To my point, can I please be unbanned? I DID follow all of darkstalkers instructions. I think it might be my firewall causing these probs, and I'm prepared to play without one, that's how much I want to play.

So, any chance of unbanning me when you get the chance?

I thank you.

• OK, I have downloaded the Crossfire mod again in case there was something wrong with my previous download. I erased everything and started from scratch, again following the instructions found in the forum (darkstalker). Would you please lift the ban so I can give it another try. Thank you in advance.

• @ Combray, Kristof Bowen, and GAY-1.

do any of you have DataStorm on your computer?

just curious. I remember reading OP post on improvments for 1.6 saying anti DataStorm protection built into mod.

btw. OP, I do not have DataStorm so please dont ban me.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• @ Kristof Bowen,

sorry m8,

DataStorm and firewall issue is all i could think of.

except maybe 3d sound issues. there are some threads dealing with that .

Good Luck.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

SMG Forums

• Not been banned yet as far as i know but every time i go into the game i am crashed out to server menu within a couple of minutes.

I followed the steps to the letter and like my clan man , i too am using zonealarm free version.

All help much appreciated in this matter.

• As far as I am aware only 1 ban has been issued for crashing the server and i made the ban for combry crashing the server upon entering many times

@ Combray If you have made a fresh install of FL you need to ask the server admin to remove the ban as serverpolice can not do this, Check this post about how to contact the admin
    Admin requests

Originally posted by darkstalker
    As far as I am aware only 1 ban has been issued for crashing the server and i made the ban for combry crashing the server upon entering many times

@ Combray If you have made a fresh install of FL you need to ask the server admin to remove the ban as serverpolice can not do this, Check this post about how to contact the admin
    Admin requests

I'm definitely banned, not sure who did it, but banned nonetheless. I'm still convinced my problem was a firewall problem, but I can't check this nor address it without being unbanned. Should everyone banned in such a way contact the server admins?

• i didnt ban u,but yes contact OP
    you must say what your pilot name is as I dont recognise any of these from who was banned
    Also I suggest if u keep crashing to start all over again with reinstall

• Thank you all for answering. No I do not have DataStorm on my computer. I don't even know what DataStorm is. Also I do not use Zone Alarm only the internal windows firewall but that worked just fine with the previous version of the mod. I've done everything from the beginning including downloading the mod and FLMM again. I hope Op lets me in. Crossfire is too good for me to quit so easily.

• boy george,

i have zone alarm.

i checked allowed programs and it showed fl and mod manager as trusted ,also made sure fl site # was trusted in firewall section.

still, right after i connected with server crashed to desktop. zone alarm displayed warning fl trying to connect to server. so i checked allow box and remember setting box.

connected again and crash again this time warning fl trying go get info from internet. so checked allow box and remember setting box.

everything running fine now, no problems since.

Good Luck

Yes Burros Do Bite.

SMG Forums

• I have banned 2 players for constantly crashing the server.

The-Gipper & Kristof.

Please follow the instructions to the letter posted by Op and Darkstalker.

Ban will be lifted tonight at midnight Est US time, (-0500) Gmt or when you send me a PM telling me you have followed the install correctly.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Well I know for sure that I am banned cause it tells me everytime I try to join the Crossfire Server that my account has been banned on this server and to try another server.

In game name: Kristof_Bowen