1.57 not working

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Drakon.

• 1st than everything, hi to all... this is my 1st post. anyway, as by title, after 1.57 freelancer stop working; it still works well with 1.56
    starting it (1.57) it don't show the new intro, only the old, and once reached the loading screen it stop, get back to windows desktop and then show the classic "X stopped working" window. what should i do? don't think its the zip file either, i downloaded it 2 times.
    as usual, i'm using flmm 1.31 and it says everything's allright
    any help is more than welcome...

pc specs:
    winxp sp2
    amd 2600+
    radeon 9100
    1gb ram
    s.blaster audigy

• -Have you made sure that there are no other mods activated with it?
    Answer: Uninstall all mods then reinstall

-Are your Freelancer files all in order?
    Answer: reinstall Freelancer (but save your MP ID!)

Hate the Games Workshop rules? Check: 20000AD Project
    We're still working on it...

"If this band moved in next door your lawn would die." - Lemmy Kilmister

• reinstall Freelancer, dont completely uninstall it, that'll save you time, but still, ja, save your ID.

Once it is reinstalled, make sure that your files with the FLMM are all set to the old Freelancer. Then activate 1.56 first. After that, ignore the warnings it gives you and say yes to activate 1.57. They have to be activated in that order.

• thx, bladwin... now it works :-)

since i'm already here, i'll write my personal comment on the mod... i'm pretty lost.... you know, when your used to top-level ship and nomads weapons in SP, going back to starflyer is a deadly hit ;-) anyway i'm farming with my 700-cr-per-item-with-only-2-system-jumps route, and i'll be back kicking nomads ass in max 2 days...
    so see you all soon in crossfire

• Well let me know your name on the server and I'll start you up. 1.6 is around the corner and even though a character wipe is prolly gonna be in effect, the exploration will prove useful.

• I do believe so. Wednesday is nearly over in Europe. Lol, goodbye 1.57, I'm going to miss you! :D (for continuation of this thread, plz go to Bye Bye Miss 1.57)

(btw, I would have finished that Smuggling Event and won by a long shot. Somebody owes me credits at some point 8)...lol )

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I believe server hung after maintenance but not sure

• the CF 1.57 server is replaced by CF 1.6 server....i`m wodering why its protected by password...the version is 1.6 no1 cant join

LiNk1N P/\Rk 4EVER

Dont Drink And Drive....Smoke And Fly!

Play the game and enjoy, you might die tomorrow

• 1.6 is currently being tested. when they are finished we will be able to log on again. some people say server wont be ready until Monday.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• It could take awhile. Monday might be optimistic. lol :D

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham
    It could take awhile. Monday might be optimistic. lol :D

Yeah that is pretty optimistic with only 10 Beta Testers tasked with exploring every system, station, and planet in Freelancer/Crossfire.

Plus add on top testing all the weapons, ships, and the various ship upgrades.

Then on top of that make sure the bad guys weapons, ships, and AI work properly.

That is quite a bit of work for only 10 people to do and do it right in such a short amount of time.

So I would expect the Beta Test to take more like a month to do right if OP-R8R wants to release a somewhat bug free mod.

• Let me take a stab at this before Op has a chance.......

....."The testing will be over, when it's over...not before.....

Version 1.6 will be uploaded, when it's uploaded, and not before......

Be patient....the wait will be worth it"......end of transmission

[4] [13]

• Exactly, and 10 testers is enough, btw. We've covered a lot of stuff and found plenty of bugs already, but the biggest problem is finding out what causes those bugs, and how then to fix them. What we really need is more OPs. :D He's putting blood, sweat, and tears into this project; it's a spectacular mod, it just can't be rushed. Like Red Cloud said, it'll be done when it's done. 8)