A new event... (Held by Lone_Renegade)

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello people.

I noticed some time ago that there would be an event on Sundays for players at and below level 50, and was called the Escape pod race...

I figure it never really had any success, because I never saw any event being held on Sundays in NY as predicted.

So I would like to hold an event, with the help of another volunteer assisstant called the Escape Pod Hunt.

Similar to the Nomad Hunt Gun, the Escape Pod Hunt's aim is to gather players at and below level 40 to gather experience and money. Also, this event is based on winning! Everyone can win! Even the people who participated will win some money. So here goes:

The Escape Pod Hunt event. (Held on Saturdays @ 7:00/7:30 GMT)

-Leader / Supervisor: Lone_Renegade_(Trader)
    -Co-Leader: Tranquil_Dominance

The event takes place in Colorado in the Silverton Asteroid Field, near Ouray Station (the Xenos base). The event starts at Pueblo, and all contestants are required to meet there 15 minutes prior to the event.

Players will be organised in pairs, or groups of three (depending on the number of people present at event) and will take turn in penetrating the asteroid field to collect as many escape pods as they can. To do so, the players will have 15 minutes to kill as many Xenos as they can.

Onto the rules:

1. Each player will meet and dock at Pueblo Station in Colorado (to respawn from). They will be assigned on teams of 2 or 3 (depending on the amount of player). Players will be grouped depending on their level to ensure balanced teams.

Players will be scanned at the beginning of the event to ensure no one has escape pods in their cargo holds. Anything taking space in the cargo hold can be handed to me (I will have a Train at your disposal) or it can be kept. All belongings will be recorded and handed back at the end of the event.

2. Once the 15 minutes are up, each players will be scanned for the number of escape pods collected, they will then need to hand me the escape pods, and collect their belongings (if they left any).

3. Players are allowed to chase Xenos within a 5km radius (I will stay at Ouray to make sure of that).

4. Players are not allowed to shoot at other teammates/players, this will get them disqualified from the event and they will not be eligible to win anything. The use of batteries and nanobots is allowed.

5. The winning team will get 5 million per player. The escape pods will then be sold and the money made will be split evenly among the other players. So everyone has something to win!

Comments / constructive criticism and ideas are welcome! [8]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After Cunningham's suggestion, if anyone is willing to help me on Friday evening to run the same event for players between levels 40 and 60 inclusive, please let yourself be known. Same rules would apply except the event would be held in Ommicron Gamma (because Theta doesn't have any hostile bases). I just need to do a spot check to find a station to land at to respawn from.

Carry on with your ideas and apply people! I need help to run these events! PM me or post here, but let yourself be known!

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• This sounds awesome; great idea Renegade! Would a similar event for lv. 40 players and above at a more challenging setting (say, perhaps, Omicron Theta) be possible as well? Maybe nobody else would be interested, but I'd certainly take part in such an event. Who doesn't like to gang up with their pals and thwack nasty NPCs to make money?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• There are no events being held on sundays due to clanmeetings. So there will be not many ppl taking part...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• That is a good idea Cunningham. If the first event has any success, I will think about running a similar event for higher leveled players. :D

@ Laserjet: Hmm, perhaps I should move it to Saturday, or Friday evening then. Thanks for the heads up. :)

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

Originally posted by darkjedi
    great idea Lone, im sure u will get more then a few ppl for this :)

Would you be willing to help? Or do you know someone who might be interested?

C'mon people let me know who wants to help!! :))

Edit: Woo! Hundreth post... [13]

• Sounds like fun, I'm willing to lend a hand :D

{UAC}Tranquil_Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil-Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil$Dominance/ {UAC}T_D-Bank1//

With the development of Crossfire 1.6 it's good that you have decided to join our comunity. Almost all server clans are recruiting new members, as indeed are we. If you're simply just interested in knowing more about us, or you're considering applying for a position with us, have a look at, or sign up now on our forumshere.

COPYRIGHT 2145 - 3043 UNION AEROSPACE CORPORATION

Originally posted by Tranquil_Dominance
    Sounds like fun, I'm willing to lend a hand :D

Great! When could you help me? On Saturdays or Fridays? Or both? Since you are the first one you get to choose! ;)

• Saturdays are good for me :]

{UAC}Tranquil_Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil-Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil$Dominance/ {UAC}T_D-Bank1//

With the development of Crossfire 1.6 it's good that you have decided to join our comunity. Almost all server clans are recruiting new members, as indeed are we. If you're simply just interested in knowing more about us, or you're considering applying for a position with us, have a look at, or sign up now on our forumshere.

• You'll need to find another day, the Assualt is on Saturday and DS's Trade Assualt I believe is on Friday. You also OP's approval, this is one way the events spiraled down in activity.

• I am aware of that Baldwin, which is why I set the times earlier. First of all because I don't like to hold events late into the evening (to me 8 pm GMT is 9 pm, and my curfew is at 10, meaning I only have an hour...) and second of all because I don't want to impede other's events.

But yes I will wait for OP's approval once he comes around. We need to get organized anyways. :)

• there are tons of events but the eventmanagers are not there anymore... this has to change and until the current events are not running regulary there wont be new events on CF

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• fair enough OP, could we get a list of events that need managment?

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Perhaps people got tired of these events? I mean, I participated in a few events, but there have been times where the organisation was a little hectic, people didn't know the rules and it took forever to get started.

Maybe its time we start looking towards new events? Or update some of the old ones to let newer players get involved. Because at the moment, all events are oriented at experienced players. Even I lack too much practice to do any good in Top Gun. The only event I have any success at is the Nomad Gun Hunt, because it doesn't involve massive PvP.

Which is why I came up with this idea of a new event. I know I can run this on a regular basis, and will be sure to let people know if I can't.

Fair enough that there won't be any new events until the ones we have are being run, but if no one cares about these, why run them anyways?

I think we should run a poll to see which event people prefer, and keep those. Then have a contest where people propose their own events with rules, times, places, prizes etc... Something like I did.

I'll definitely hold on to my idea, and I hope that you'll take into consideration the points I just stated.

Until then, I can only wait and see.

• I know this a European server, but would it be possible to have a few events that are a little more schedule-friendly with the Americas? During the week it can be hard to get much time in on the server. When there's a 6-10 hour gap, it's nearly impossible to turn up for some of the events. When it's morning or evening here, it's mid-afternoon or 2 A.M. in western Europe. It's just a thought. I'd move to the UK, but that wouldn't make any sense. :D

Either way, I'd certainly love to be drawn into any event that doesn't directly pit uber-players against the likes of me, who are still improving thier skills (and are prone to being squashed in the meanwhile). ...wait a moment, I think I just insulted myself. :( Nevermind, it doesn't matter.

Being new around here, I haven't the slightest idea how to participate in any of the existing events (okay, so I know the time and the place, but nothing about the event itself or its rules), and I bet the same can be said about a number of other players as well. I think stirring up this issue and promoting participation in the events could draw a lot of people in from the outer-most fringes of this community. More players on the server more often interacting with one another more than ever, simply put, means a better CF experience.

By the way, did I read "prizes" in the last post? :)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I would be interested in event managers for running events at US time.I have been online overnight a few times lately and have seen a lot of peeps online.

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham
    By the way, did I read "prizes" in the last post? :)

You read correctly, although that means, what you can win if you win the event, not what you win if you win the contest. :D

I noticed some time ago that there would be an event on Sundays for players at and below level 50, and was called the Escape pod race... I figure it never really had any success, because I never saw any event being held on Sundays in NY as predicted.

The event referred to above was and IS the Pod Hunt, and was/is held on Saturdays, not Sundays (see "New Crossfire Event" thread). Due to the fact that players tend to advance fairly quickly, it was only intended to be held every other week. True, attendance has not been as strong as hoped, but then my inability to comprehend German is likely one of the reasons. Also, it seems that most players new to CF only visit the forum once they have either been here a while, or run into some problem with the game, so they do not see the postings announcing the event. Since the console was full, there was no good way to promote the event online, except try to contact eligible players directly on the game.

With the advent of the shell, it appears that there is more capacity in the console for messages, so perhaps OP will now allow for the Pod Hunt to be posted?? In any case, I have observed that there seem to be more eligible players on the system on Sunday, who would not be missing a clan meeting in any case; so perhaps, Lone, if you would like to assist, we could collaborate on a Sunday running of the Pod Hunt? Let me know...

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I won't be online for a little while. I've deleted both my characters for now. I have important school stuff coming up, and since its most likely there will be a charwipe when 1.6 comes around, there isn't much point in me playing to improve anyways...

But as I said before, when 1.6 comes around, why not have a new set of events? If we have an upgrade in the mod, why not upgrade our events? :D

In any case, as soon as 1.6 is up, I'd be available to help you with the Pod Hunt. ;)