I Need Suggestion Please ....

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ruivo.

• .....On how or where I would go to find out if a computer maker is lagit or worth my time. Is there a sight out there that screens what companies are good or bad so that i can have some reassurance that I want be throwing away my money when I shop for my new gaming rig?

I'm looking at a company callibuypower.com right now. Most of the know companies like Dell, Gateway, and Alienware just do not fall in my price bracket for what i want. My budget has to remain somewhere around $1500 to $1700 dollars. Any help would be appreaciate. And for what it may matter I live in the USA.

• Well biggest pleasure and its better overall to buy parts one by one or make a list of what parts you want and a nearby shop would assemble it for you or you can do it on your own. 90% of PC's here are build by that way. You just go in the shop - check for the parts and they will assemble it for you. The risk is that the system might not behave as it should or expected and you would waste nerves, time and some times money on that however this not happens often. Buying a ready system from Dell as example will give you guarantee that system wont cause any problems but you can't choose any kind of parts for it if you can choose to replace something at all - system is been tested and choosen by Dell already and you wont be able to ask for changes or maybe a small ones only. Also you will pay extra $ becouse its build by Dell. Choice is your.

• well hear in Portugal is the same thing, and if you want to know, I have a very bad image of the great companies in what matters to the personal pc's.
    And assenbly is not very dificult, the worst part is to choose the right components and the better configuration.
    but in that, I'm shur that someone in this forum can help you.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• I know I dont post much in the forums, never have much to say, but I have not purchased a prebuild't system in last 10 years, alway build my own, then I get what I want. I would take some time and do some research to figure out the most important thing and that is what do you want to do with the system. Gaming systems do better with AMD and many open application things do better with Pentium. I am not that familier with the "P" chips, I always run with AMD. Here is a link to give you some kind of an idea how it works...http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/howtobuildapc/

This is a good site to gain info on. I strongly recommend you do your research also, take your time, I and Wild1 will keep an eye on this thread if you have any questions, know I need to pop over to the other thread about Good Better Best to tell my scores. 8)

• Chief, I've had the same problem last month when i've to choose my new PC. Till yet, i've bought my PC by Packard Bell and each time i've wated to upgrade the things it was quite impossible ! So, this time, afer a long search on the net to find teh various configurations available, I've visited my local PC dealer and after a three hours dicussions we have found the suitable PC for my activities... for a lower price than expected. I must recieve it by next week :] !

My opinion is that you have to ask to your friends neightbour and so .... if they know a good PC shop !

Have a nice day ! :)

Harlan_Liner

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux"

A. St EXUPERY

"Homo hominis lupus"

• Thanks guys I appreciate all the comments. I've always heard the AMD is best for gaming but I've always had Intel. AMD is cheaper for the most part but I am unsure which way I'll go. Building is an option, but as I stateed earlier, I don't have much confidence in my ability to build my own even thouh I'd like to. Again thx to all.

• I built my 1st PC two years ago from parts i was given and it never gave me any probs. since then i have stripped it down and re-built it. the only prob i ever had was when i changed my processor and mother board. I say build it urself m8 and then u can take pride in what you hav done 8)

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• In my humble opinion, you would be wasting money buying an complete pc, or notebook. As pcforce said, the best you can do is buying piece by piece. For example, i've started with an pII ~400MHz, with 64mb ram, s3 savage4 8mb, and a 700mb HD, two years ago.

Now i have a little bit more, an pIII ~866MHz, 655mb ram, GeForce 4 mx440 64mb, and, well, an 15gb HD(i know, you may laught, 15GB), and honestly, i've spent less than the equivalent of 300 US dollars, and i can play NFS Most Wanted decently.