PvP in Elite Dangerous

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Moorhuhn.

• Recently was started very interesting thread about PvP experience & tips & tactics. Although PvP is used only by small % of ED players, tips and knowledge how this work can be very useful for everyone who like to play in "Open".

• Another thread which very likely may lead to some future changes (PvP & PvE combat): Dogfighting in E:D and the go-to tactic of reverse face-tanking

Personally my favourite is this one, but curious how it will evolve further :) ... :)

• I totally agree with what Truesilver posted above. The changes in 2.1 gave a massive favour to shields and together with the high heat-penalty when fireing from stealth lead to an insta-death of stealth-fighting (=shieldless hulltank).

However, I'm still trying it in a cheap DBS and it still can work, although not as good as in 2.0. When opponent has emissive-mods and "marks" you, you will have a really bad time, especially if they have missiles, as they are the biggest threat to an unshielded ship now. So stealth in >2.1 *needs* short fireing guns (to be visible ony shortly), dual-chaff for when you need to go out of stealth due to heat and to avoid gimballed when "marked". My personal approach is 2 med rails and 2 small seekers in the DBS, rails modded with 1x penetrator and 1x cascade, seekers with overload**.
    Tactic is going silent and work with missiles, trying to get in a close dogfight which allows to drop silent for 3-4s which is needed that the heat-penalty from silent is gone, then fire some rails until in front of opponent, then go silent again.

This is just meant as an example that you still don't have to rely totally on shields, it has just become way more risky to not do it. IMO it was the right way as everyone and his dog was stealth-fighting towards the end of 2.0.

**) i had two heat-cascade-seekers first and they worked great, too - keeping the opponent very hot. Overload helps when you only aim tpo bring shields down fast, the drag-mod i'm uncertain as many fly FAO in big ships and won't notice much.

Cheerio! o7