Insanely High Ping

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by thanhrui.

• That is a very high ping
    There must be something going on with your internet connection
    I have problems with ping starts out sometimes above 1000 but it does not stay high it ends up settling in the 300's
    When I am logging into the server I wait until it comes down before connecting to select an iD
    Hope it clears up for you soon
    I have heard that cable connections are better for ping I am using wireless myself
    I have seen it off the scale as ???? instead of a figure value but it always has come down as the servers scroll in
    Sorry I can't be of more technical help but if someone else has a simple solution to ping I am also interested in improving mine if it can be done

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• One from my friends living in Germany had serious ping problems exactly bcs wireless connection ... once he tried cable, all issues stopped.

• cable clearly can improve connnection
    I also switched to cable a few years ago and since that my i net speed does not fluct anymore

however another reason might be that multiple i-net gateways are currently making problems (for about 6 weeks meanwhile)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well I am using cable ,
    and the server list show the ping is fine about 100-150 , (which is very weird )
    But when I connect to the server
    lagging occurs and when i type "/ping" , it shows the result after about 10 seconds or more and it displays the high results
    Also I live in Egypt , so I don't know if this is the reason but it was fine before