Keys bindings

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Moorhuhn.

• Just wanted to point out a feature I found today. Maybe it's obvious for some, but it was an eye-opener for me...

Game allows to define "switch" keys by pressing 2 keys together when mapping. That is really great as you can map your buttons on the Joystick to several actions, depending of which key on keyboard is pressed. I found that particulary helpful with a cooliehat on joystick. You can map shift-keys according to several tasks, allowing you to use the cooliehat for nearly everything, so you never have to release the hand from the stick.

As short example of (part) of my setting. actions are for up / down /left / right:

• Coolie alone is used for power-distribution
    • t+coolie is target ahead / highest thread/ previous ship / next ship
    • r+coolie is next enemy / prev enemy / previous subsystem / next subsystem
    • c toggels free look, then coolie for looking around
    • v toggels UI-focus, so you can access the panels by pressing v, then direction of panel with coolie. At panel, i use coolie to navigate and Fire 1 to select and 2 other thumbuttons on stick to switch between tabs
    • etc. I think you got the idea... ;)

I found that incedibly helpful to sort that huge amounts of keys and interactions. In fact, I never need to put my hands away except when typing.

:neo:

• ^^ it looks that make final 'keys setup' will take some time ... nice find! :thumbsup:

• Set cooliehat on joystick as primary for 'strafe' (up, down, left, right) and targeting + power distribution on Joystick button + coolie direction. Works nicely for Thrustmaster T.16000M where I can now fully control ship movement included forward/bck thrusters.

• As ED supports several inputs and I initially bought a new joystick with "twist" for the jaw left/right, I've put together all equipment I had and came out with this setup for flying.

After some learning for the left hand (I tended to rest with pulled stick) it works better and better...

:greenconfused::greensceptical::grencrazy:

Files

• Layout-ED.png

(198.24 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )

Edited once, last by Moorhuhn ().