The Assault Event Every Saturday 8pm GMT

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RGHawk2000.

• not needed... remember ...
    me = admin (with p0w0rz to give more

than 5 charz)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• After reviewing the rules for last Assault Event, the event managers and the administration

decided to state these rules for every Assault Event:

1st.- The event would last for

2 hours starting at 8pm GMT and finishing at 10pm GMT. All partcipants should meet 15 min

before the event in the arena. Then, the formal 2 teams (after the selection) will go to

colleseum and dock to their respective home planet.

2nd.- Every team will have 1 roid

miner and the rest would be fighters. Teams would set their group layout as they

wish.

3rd.- Players from each team CAN NOT dock at the enemy planet during the

event.

4th.- The objective for the event is to kill as many as enemy roid miner is

possible. Each roid miner kill will be counted as 1 point for the killer team (NO ROUNDS)

and the killed roid miner has 1 min to undock from the planet, otherwise it would be

penalized. After the 2 hours time limit, the team with more kills would be the Assault Event

winner.

5th.- Roid miners can stay out to a maximun range of 6k from their home

planet.

6th.- No nanobots neither shield batteries are allowed.

7th.- All

weapons are allowed but it is not allowed for players to leave the sytem for

reload.

[SIZE=3]NEWS from today´s Assault Event[/SIZE]

Following those rules, the player met at the arena 15 min before the event. The

players for each team were chosen and went to the colleseum to dock to their respective

home/team planet:

Event Team 1 was lead by BG_petrus and Event team 2 was lead by OP

and I. Estrategy were pretty much different in the beginning. Team 1 choose a defensive

strategy while team 2 chose an offensive one.

Team 2 strategy paid out because was

the team who scored its first point due to effort from DC_Dragonwarrior, OP, and others DC

members. From there, team 1 decided to start a massive attack being lead by BG_Laserjet.

The first 40 min was intense ending up by a lead of 1 point for team 2 being the score 3 x

4. After that, team 2 change its strategy to a more offensive one making the gap to 2 points

between both team, being the score 6 x 8 after the next 50 min. For the remaining 30 min,

team 2 change the strategy to a defensive one while team 1 kept increasing their massive

attacks with the whole team, but petrus, in the enemy territory. BG_laserjet, mitze_123, Aj

and another member of team 1 were all over team 2 roid miner who was being defended by

DC_Dragonwarrior, DC_Dragonness (who enter for another DC member that has to leave) and

DC_Raven1. They got the point they were loking for making the escore 7 x 8 but not without

paying a high prize. Petrus miner was left alone and give the chance, 1st for OP to get the

kill and then OP, Dragonwarrior, and Raven1 to get the last kill for team 2 making the score

of 7 x 10. With 6 min left, everybody would think that team 1 would it give up by just doing

sporadic attacks. Well think twice, Team 1 sent a suicide attack with BG_Laserjet. On those

6 min, the longest time for team 2, BG_LaserJet shot 1 time roid miner with 2 min left and a

second time with just few seconds to end the event leaving the final score 9 x

Team 2 have won but learned to respect the corage and bravery of team 1 who at the

end was not an easy prey at all, despite having heavy odds against them.

A 50 million

credit prize was given to the players of team 2 and special 10 million credits prize was

given to BG_Laserjet of team 1 because of his courage and agressive attack by the

end.

That is all for today m8s, I hope to see you in the next Assault

Event.

Sincerely,

RG

[4] Don't argue, [3] Just do it

• and i hope next time we have less friendly fire

^^

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the event was a blast hawk i loved it. i however think that if we have more ppl per

team we can set up an offensive and defensive side for each team that works out in a good

way
    example is this

team 1 has roid miner and 8 fighters
    4 fighters go and

attack and 4 stay behind to defend, when then 1 set runs out of fire power to do most amount

of damage they switch, they 4 defenders become the attackers and the attackers become the

defenders. same set up with team 2 it might work so that both teams dont have to keep going

back and forth to each location to attack and defends at the same time

\

from the depths of the unknown the blackdragon returns with fury! and from this day on he is now known as the CRYMSON DRAGON

Rank + Codename: commanding officer DragonWarrior
    Wing: all wings are my responsibility
    Organisation + Leader: DragonCorp - ME

• that would reduce the possibility of using tactics... dont like it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ op you suck

just kidding
    everytime i come up with a good idea you shoot it down
    that idea is

like a football idea and no im not talking about soccer either

\

from the depths of the unknown the blackdragon returns with fury! and from this day on he is now known as the CRYMSON DRAGON

• this event is about tactics.. if you put ppl into roles you

destroy the purpose of the event

and you give ur opponent the chance to react on what

is coming coz he already knows how things will be done

oh and im not a fan of

football and of soccer

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ Dragonwarrior, ussually more people show to this event. In the first 3 events ,we

got up to 10 players per team at the last one. Today, I forgot the new clock set for the

winter time, plus I could not show earlier as usual to invite everyone. We have usually a

good amount of people.

@To everyone, the last event was the best of all 4 since my

watch. New rules worked just fine and it was intense up to the last minute (just read my

review at the news) We will stick to these rules and I promise you will enjoy it. So to the

people that was with us on the first 3, I invite you for next saturday to see it yourselves.

Dont miss it...

@ Dragonwarrior and OP, Because of different way of thinking, the

rule for team layout stated that each group could chose its own layout. I dint suggest any

layout in the rule (like before) cause I didnt want to influence anyone. I thougt at first

like you Dragonwarrior, but I got give it to OP this time (and you know sometimes Im hard

headed about someone ideas without proofs) The way we handle the team layout was much better

and gave us the capability to score 10 points. When I did it my way in the other events, it

was difficult for my team to score good points. However, in a matter of speaking we did have

scouts, defenders, and attackers, the difference was that no one was assigned to an specific

role and that was great cause it did allow us to be more effective and have more degree of

freedom in our tactics.

@to my team, OP is right about friendly fire, next time watch

out who are shooting to. I got my armor/hull halves by my own team members two or three

time. I have to shoot down 2 of my team members before my miner hull got deplete it

completely and they were not listen to the group com ;) [8] But it was a blast anyway and

real funny seen you guys shooting at me like desperate maniacs
    [11] without knowing

who you were shooting to.

I hope as this info help you guys out there. This have been

the best time that I spend online since I started to play FL CF mod.

Greetings to

all,

RG

• yes i agree im harded too i get a good

idea in my head and do not think about what can happen if i use it and sorry again for

shooting at you

\

• tactics will develop... experience, coordination and teamplay will grow in time

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• That about sums it up.

Oh and I dont like Football or

Soccer either....

Hockey.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• [SIZE=3]NEWS FROM TODAYS ASSAULT EVENT [/SIZE]

Hello Everybody,

This RG reporting from the arena. Today event was unique in

a way we got 1 team we just BG clan members and the other team with a mixture of people from

DC and LP clan. We met as usual in the arena at 7:45pm. BG_Petrus, commander of team 1 and

event manager, set the rules in the arena. While we were there, an old legend, without

anyone expecting that appeareance. BG_MarcBomber who undust his old shroud from many battles

to participate in the event. Team 1 was completely BG with an strong attack force in their

hand. Team 2, commander by your loyal servant (me), was really concerned about the

implication to face such as strong enemy. But generally, Team 2 morale was high despite the

odds :)

After the meeting at arena, each team took its side on their respective home

planet. Team 1 had Segema as his home planet (Southern side of the Colleseum system) and

Team 2 had Tyrius as its home planet (Northern side of the Colleseum system) the figth

started with the main objective in mind, to destroy the enemy roid miner.

After few

minutes of starting the event, Team 1 open the score by guess who :) BG_MarcBomber, with

some help from BG_Laserjet. I guess Marc wasnt that rusty after all.
    However team 2 got

great offensive by OP, DC_Octy.., DC_Raven and Privateer getting Team 2 first point just few

second after. Team 1 has an massive offensive on team 2 all the time just leaving BG_Corp to

defend its roid miner. The next 30 min was heavy on Team 2 taking around 3 more points from

them. Team 2 didnt let this passing by and adopted same strategy than its enemy getting 2

points with the help of privateer, DC_Octy.., DC_Raven, and DC_Blackdragon who joined the

fight few minutes later.

The score was 4 x 3. & the fight was getting more intense.

Team 2 still had hope to take this event home :) However massive attacks by BG_MarcBomber,

BG_Zikron, and BG_LaserJet started to concerned team 2. team 1 got up to 7 points while we

were just up to 5 points. Team 2 got a little bit of air from Privateer attack by downed

team 1 roid miner 1 more time leaving the score 7 x 6. Another suicidal attack from

DC_Raven, DC_Blackdragon, and DC_Octy tied the score 7 x 7 for the first but last

time.

The next minutes, team 1 send the whole squad, who was almost camping at team 2

home base. They got 3 kills in a row leaving the final score 10 x 7.

The event has to

finish earlier due to some technical problems in the installations. However, everyone agreed

that we had a new winner today. Team 1 players received their prize in the arena and were

congratulated by the commander of team 2. It was a great fight from both team.

Well

m8s, this is all for today´s assault event, I hope to see you again at the same place and

time.

Saying bye from the arena,

RG

• some very important parts are

missing in this report... but ok ur choice

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• screenshots taken at

yesterdays event
    the first two showing weird things with particles ive never seen

before
    the last one is showing laser on my scanner 2 times... additionally to the fact

that he was jumping and not able to be hitten by a normal fighter (only the roidminer with

the widespreading guns was able to hit him)
    im sure laser is not responsible for this

shit but it was his char which was affected by it

dunno what the problem was... but

ive seen the same at the event before

oh and i dont like to be shoot down for no

reason after i definitly said that i wont play at this event anymore
    and i not happy

about being called things like "bad looser" and such a shit especially after i joined the

weak team which had not a single chance from the beginning

i was not happy with the

balance of the teams where one team had nearly all experienced players and the other team

had what was left... thats definitly not the idea of this event

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi m8, I didnt notice that strange

thing floating around. I do think is really weird. However, I did notice that when I was

outside I ask Petrus to order his team to dock as I did on my team. The problem with read

lag stop, but when people start to undock, the lag appears again.

The problem with

LaserJet is the second time it happens. From all player, he always has been the hard to get

shot down because his ships always jump around. I didnt have any trouble with other enemy

players and even when I had to shot down my own team members last event because of friendly

fire.

About the weak team, I dont see it in that way. I had fun at the event and it

helps my team and myself to train for a higher standars. Many people are not use to this

kind of event because they usually pvp 1 on 1. This event help to develop Team playing that

is not an usal thing along the Freelancer community.

About responsability, maybe is

not laser fault directly, but being the only one hard to get and affected by this anomaly

twice looks that bit the odds of probabilities. Last fight I gave laserjet OP prize money

becuase I didnt say that way, I just thought he was damm good flying around that I could not

get him ;)

More input about this issue would be appreciated from other particpants if

this same kind of weirdness happen to them.

Sincerely,

RG

• Today at the Colleseum at 8pm

GMT

[SIZE=3]The Assault Event [/SIZE]

meeting at Arena at 7:45pm GMT to arrange teams and set the rules

Assault Event 19/11/2005

NEWS FROM TODAYS ASSAULT EVENT

Hello

Everyone,

Another week has past by and here we are again in the arena to report

another extraordinary Assault Event. The meeting at the arena started with a little delate

of 10 min (7:55pm GMT) but that didnt stop to increase player attendance comparing to last

week. As usual, we wait 15 to 20 min for people to show up. Players were coming from every

system around the Galaxy. I want to notice the effort made by Gunny and Sev, who race all

the way from stuggart to be part of the event but due to some extenuating circuntances they

had to leave. New faces showed up, Canoso, Dimitris[A], Sleepy, and R39_Mhawk, who also

have to race to be part in the event. Also, [HUN]_Nomadkiller make his appearence a to make

a total of 14 people in the arena. As usual, before the event managers pick the team,

BG_Petrus state the rules of the event which are posted above. A 1 to 1 pick was made by

each team leader, like old high school days, to assembling the teams

When the meeting

at the arena was over, each team took its side on their respective home planet. As usual,

Team 1 had Segema as his home planet (Southern side of the Colleseum system) and Team 2,

had Tyrus as its home planet (Northern side of the Colleseum system) the fight started with

the main objective in mind, to destroy the enemy roid miner.

The first few minutes of

event were taking for each team to layout their strategy. Team 1 choose a defensive strategy

by just sending 1 team member at the time through the enemy front line on his first attack.

Team 2 choose an agressive strategy by sending out all his players to enemy lines but 1.

First attack was made by BG_Zikron, who may I say has improved his battle skill

since last event. Zikron did pretty much damage to the hul of team 2 miner but it was

overpower by the skill of team 2 defensive pilot R39_MHawk. Team 2 fleet were taking

position ir order to obtain a massive multirole attack. Each member of team got his mission,

destroy the enemy roid miner over and over again. Well, that paid off. Team 2 open the score

and keep getting sucesive points up to 3 before Team 1 could make a move and get his first

point. Team 1 scored his first point by individual of attacks from [HUN], Sleepy, BG_Zikron,

and Dimitris[A] finishing the job that Zikron almost got done first time. At that point, the

score was 1 x 3. No one could know what was going to happen next. Team 2 keep doing massive

attacks taking both corridors (right and left) in the colleseum. It look like team 2 has

more than twice the number of players attacking Team 1. Pia_Darkstalker, BG_Laser6jet,

Wing_[94], and Pia_Illuminatus (aka "The Bulb") kept scoring up to almost 4 points in a

row. However, Team 1, by their sporadic attacks from BG_Zikron, Sleepy, [HUN]_Nomadkiller,

and Dimitris[A] also acomplished their goal of killing the enemy miner twice, making the

score 3 x 7 after 35 min of competition.

Everybody who has participated in the

Assault Event knows that a 4 point lead is not enough. The score could flip over easily in

the next 20 min. Therefore, Team 2 decided to keep up the momentum by keep doing

consecutives massive attacks to the enemy roid miner. Only R39_MHawk and Pia_Fallen_Angel

were left in the defensive lines of team 2. The outcome of this strategy was a 5 cosecutives

kills of the enemy miner. Team 1 had changed his previosus strategy to an agressive one by

making an attacking wing of 3 pilots. Sleepy, BG_Zikron, and [HUN]_Nomadkiller did a great

job by working toguether. After another 30 minutes of competiton, the score was 4 x

The next 30 min where passing by massive attack on each side. R39_MHawk and

Pia_Fallen_Angel from Team 2 didnt have an easy task. Sleepy and BG_ZIkron were incidious in

their attack on Team 2 so MHawk and and Fallen_Angel showed extraordinary skills by holding

the enemy off. R39_Mhawk took out several times sleepy while He was trying to destroy the

Team 2 miner. In time, Sleepy wouldl accomplish his task by himself giving another 2 points

to Team 1. But, Team 2 players, DArkstalker, Laser6jet, Wing, and "The buld" held to their

word to keep their momentun by killing Team 1 miner another 12 times leaving the score 6 x

The next 21 min you would think that with a lead of 18 points Team 2 would go

easy. Well, think twice cause team 2 wanted this victory so bad that they didnt stop

scoring. Even Falling_Angel took his chance to be in the front lines. Time after time, team

1 roid miner went down without any mercy making a total of 9 kills. But Team 1 never lost

its honor in the battlefield and despite the lead by Team 2, Sleepy, BG_Zikron, and

[HUN]_Nomad killer kept coming over and over scoring 3 more points. If it wasnt for the

extraordinary defence skills from R39_MHawk and Pia_Fallen_Angel, plus a little help from

the other team 2 players, Team 1 could have scored twice as much as they did.

In the

last 4 min the score was 9 x 33. Then, one of the event manager decided to give an extra

prize. The team who could kill first an enemy roid miner in the next 4 min would receive a 2

million credit prize. Team 2 did it again. They got Team 1 roid miner for last time leaving

the final score of the Assault Event 9 x 34.

It was a good fight where every team

player put their best and took the chances they had. Team 2 have won the Assault Event but

we would never forget the corageus Team 1 players.

That´s all folks for today´s

assault event, I hope to see you again at the same place and time.

Saying bye from

the arena,

RG