Future of CF

There are 82 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AoD.

• Okies ,
    do we have a future?
    if so ,what do

we want?
    Can we learn from the mistakes that have happened?
    Can we trust each

other?
    Can we be a community or just a load of independent people,each just after what

they want?
    This is for EVERYONE not just clans

Ideas and suggestions to discuss

post here

This is important so NO SPAM

• I want a meeting by tuesday

eve at latest,so need all ideas now pls.
    This isnt about wars bytwy

• ok well the first thing that we did to bring the community back together was to end all the

wars the had plagues the server. from now on when the wold war is thrown into the air i

think that the clan leaders of the 2 clans who want to have a war need to talk about some

issues first.

i for one can trust everyone in my clan and in most of the clans on the

server i do however do not like the fact that when something is posted here ppl go and run

off and tell someone that they are not doing what they posted
    example: earlier today i

posted that enigma is to be left alone by my clan there is only one person in my clan that

can fire on him and that is until i can get ahold of him in game. well when i logged on

tonight i was told that a few DC members had already attacked him anbd he went and told op

about it well op im sorry if im wrong but hell i wasnt even given a chance to relay the

order to all of my clan members since right now our forum is off line.
    i personnally

think he should have given me a chance to talk to my guys before ratting me out.
    now back

on topic i think that all the shit throwing in here needs to stop we seriously need to

rethink what is going on now i know that alot of the ppl playing on the server are kids but

some of us are adults and are willing to work the shit out but we have to be given a

chance.

and for the lst thing in history books they say ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY,but

it damn sure was destroyed in a day or 2

\

from the depths of the unknown the blackdragon returns with fury! and from this day on he is now known as the CRYMSON DRAGON

Rank + Codename: commanding officer DragonWarrior
    Wing: all wings are my responsibility
    Organisation + Leader: DragonCorp - ME

• op is definatly right that a community is based upon trust. The precurser to trust is

respect. so i ask the question what defines a community? basic logic would say a community

is where you live well i think many people would agree that a community is not just that it

also goes beyond the fact that a community is where people gather the more i think about it

a community is not something you can describe or define it is intangible there is no real

model of a community it just exists it is not a thing or a item it cant be picked up and

touched it is a feeling a sense of belonging it is a kind of "faith" and unfortuntly our

community has floundered recently but i and many others beleive that the problems will be

solved and that the respect, trust and ultimatly the faith is still there. So i urge

everyone to continue to beleive in US and our very special community and lets all make it

work

• There is alot of buzz about what OP's gonna do in

2 days and how we should react accordingly. For those not yet informed, it seems we need to

solve some issues to OP's satisfaction or the CF server is closing... permanently.

I am not sure exactly what OP is asking of us but it seems that it has something to

do with Chaos Clan and our openly stated plans to eventually leave the server. We had wanted

to keep a Wing of the Clan here and create another wing on another mod/server. I had told OP

that we would leave, prolly in about 3-4 months time. I really don't want to go into the

reasons for this, but know its a decision that we didn't take lightly, and its not a result

of the recent troubles either; although the R-39 episodes sort-of crystalized it and set the

time-frame.

What I am led to understand is that OP finds this unacceptable; that he

believes that for the good of the server we should leave immediatly and entirely, or not at

all. Well at the time I told OP our plans for the future, I understood that it wouldnt be an

ideal situation for him, but I was determined not to lie or exaggerate anything just to

mollify.... And that is still our position.

I understand some of his objections and

reasons for them; but allow me to answer them here. I dont want to make this discussion

adversarial or confrontational... And as I told OP last week "Disagreeing on something is

not a Deal-Killer".. Meaning we are not inflexable or intolerant of other's ideas, and are

willing to look at this thing from all angles.

> First Objection: That the remaining

Wing of Chaos that stayed would recruit and siphon-off ppl from CF to our other server(s).

I think that it is actually more likely that more new ppl would come to CF than would be

"stolen" from it. So far, with Chaos or R-39.... That is actually the case: We have brought

several (6 or 7) new ppl here inthe last 2 months that had not come or prolly would not have

come except for Chaos (...or R-39 originally).

I think the pragmatic view of all

this is: FL is global community; not just the "tribal" community of the server. Like we at

CF are a "village", one that is part of the greater "Province" (the Freelancer MP world).

Ppl move from one village to another very commonly... or from one province to another (...

to other MP games). But they come back to the ones they like and feel at home in... In this

and many respects, it doesnt matter that we play Freelancer / CF Mod... Its the ppl and

their interactions that count, the game is just the cosmetic framework that allows us to

interact.... It just so happens that FL allows this better than most.

I think that

OP should have a little faith in his creation the CF mod, and the general good feeling ppl

get from of the server to continue to draw a sufficient amount of new ppl; and to retain a

decent percentage of them over time, making it their "home". After all; there are still many

thousands of ppl playing FL online servers; way more than CF could ever hope to handle if

they all decided to visit, lol...

> Second, that if we go on as now, we are living a

lie. Im not sure exactly but it has to do with us having faith in the community and wanting

to promote it. Hmm.. I dont have any way to fully answer this: Imo it is too early to be

asking us in Chaos to believe in the future of CF's community... All we have done is agree

to "try"... And not hold a grudge from all the crap that happened before. We are ready to

get back to normal. However; there is no way to "force" or "push" ppl into fully believing

in the community. There were a lot of harsh feelings and it will simply take time to heal

them all. To be frank, some Chaos ppl are not willing to do this at all and have left for

other servers already. Thats their perogative and we wont try to stop them or change their

mind, but they are a minority.

Furthermore, I must state the obvious: That it is

extremely hard to try and convince ourselves to have faith in the future of the community,

when lurking in the back of our minds is the threat of the plug being pulled at any time. So

that this part of the equation becomes a viscous circle: Have faith or OP pulls the plug /

How can we have faith under threat of having the plug pulled.

Maybe im just not

getting it. I dont believe i have all the answers or am wiser than others. I just wanted to

set the record straight. We don't want to see this community just close down, that seems a

damn waste. But... Im not OP and i have not walked in his shoes. Perhaps he's tired of it

all; needs to move on. I dunno... I wouldnt blame him if he did. But if this is the case it

should be stated as such, and i think few would begrudge him that.

We are willing to

listen to all comments with an open mind; now is the time for us to discuss the issues.

• ive never asked some1 of you guys to do something for me... and for sure i will never

do

ive made my point clear and im waiting for a decision now

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ok here is a decision,we all love CF and want

to stay here.
    We want to get events up and running again ,we think CF has a future and if

we have a chance im sure we can make one.
    But do you want us to?

• didnt mean u

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok....new guy here and most of you who have posted here

already have had me in group conversations pertaining to this subject.

If I seem

direct, you will have to excuse me. My profession has lead me to my attitude. The CF Mod

is, without question or competition the best Mod in the community....period.

A few

issues I noticed: When clans are making the rules, closing systems, trade lanes, declaring

war-zones or threatening to "kill" any individual (clan or no clan)...publicizing your

discontent for another party, you have only ruined the fun for all the players not

affiliated with the political ponder. It is that simple.

Your actions have prevented

good trade and forced Freelancers, Traders and Nuetral parties to work two-fold as hard to

gain monetary value and rank in the CF server, by taking the "long way". That is

unacceptable and not fair to those outside the "war" and also makes this server

unpopular.

In the defense of those present in the " afterburner-hug" in 3043, I

witnessed the birth of good friendships and the realization that the past actions were not

serving the purposes of this server or it's developer.

I believe the clan members

present are beyond the problems and are looking to move forward in the positive

direction.

Do I think Chaos should leave? No I don't. I do suggest all clans look at

their members and review what their intentions are.....positive or negative and make a

decision if they are worth keeping.

I will also publicly thank Chaos for allowing me

to trade in their system.

Semper Fi.

Gunny Out.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• i totally agree with gunny on what he has said if we sit back and

look at our actions the clans have caused the majority of the recent difficulties and CF and

freelancer is not just about clans its about the freelancers.

also i agree with jib

it is difficult to be optimistic and have "faith" when CF is on death row awaiting a

"possible" pardon if it is possible

• I believe the pardon has been given.

Now it's time to move forward.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• so you make the clans responsible for what

happened?
    why does nobody makes the clans responsible for the fact that the server is

still online?

freelancers... whenever they were involved? they always had the

decision to stay out of everything and they never had the right to use clan owned systems...

they only had permissions

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Let's see if I understand the Admins statement

and here is my answer....so if I'm wrong, someone please correct me........no I won't be

offended.

The Clans have the power of numbers in their favor. Monetarily and

virtually-physical. So, they have set the tone for the server. So they should be held

accountable.

If a Freelancer has caused trouble, then take action. Ban him/her or do

what is necessary to correct the issue.

Clans can cause problems and Clans can solve

problems.

Do they get credit for keeping it open.....sure they do when they resolve

their problems and the reward is keeping the server open.

So the Clans are

responsible for making the server FUN, ENJOYABLE and in doing so, will attract the

public,(Freelancers such as myself) helping the server grow in a positive fashion.....and in

the end, hopefully more donations to make the server better....

• Clans are the skeleton of any server. Everything is built on

them. Yet we must remember that fun and order are not mutually exclusive. Kill each other,

but do it with respect. Set your rules as you see fit. As a Freelancer, I will honor the

requests of players from clans that deserve respect. If I choose to defy you, you may

choose to kill me. I expect that. This is a game.

I am ignorant regarding the

larger issues here. All I can say is that this is a fun place and I hope everyone can

resolve their problems. I have been helped by some here and try to help others in game. To

me, that is "community". I show mercy and offer freindship whenever possible. I fight when

needed. I expect others to be respectful to new and young players.

Anybody unclear

about the above statement? I'll see you in space [9]

• Every comunity has it's problems, especially when it's

composed from so different people as ourselves.I'm talking about the different age,

nationality, experience etc. It is normal to have confrontations, fights and even server

wide wars. But in the end we are people with something in common. Most of us love CF, Most

of us care about CF or some people in it, or a clan. And even when we do something foolish

sooner or later we come to sense. This time it wasn't soon, this time op as a natural

leader had to show us our misstakes. And most of us did saw them. Most of us cleared the

missunderstanding and confrontations between ourselves. This community has a future. I'm

sure that even without CF, part of this community will stay. People that respect eachother

because of CF will carry that on to other servers and mods. That's a fact that shows future

for this community.

I'm having difficulties expressing myself in English, but the

bottom point is that i love CF i want it to live. We want it to live.

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar

• [697] yes ineed CF has a glory future, we

maybe can't see it, but we can KNOW it, and from all of the fights no matter how mcuh,

there allways be a light, a hope for a dawn of peace and happiness. but we maybe at the

darkness level, when the shadow of the CF server shouting down forever is near, we can still

fight in hope and one purps: [SIZE=4]TO MAKE CF LIVE!!! WE HAVE A FUTURE!! WE WILL FIGHT FOR

IT![/SIZE] i am also hoping the you symphitizing with me.

I've been here since Crossfire 1.5 - 2005.
    Good times.
    Maybe it's time to come back?

• My

2 cents worth...

I've not played online for a week, and am a relative newbie. Never

joined a clan. As much as I look forward to pvp play, I just don't have time for all the bs

that (I assume) goes with being in a clan. So, I'm on the outskirts. But I would like for

the rest of you who frequent the server so much to behave like adults so that people like

me, who work 50 hours a week and just come in for occasional recreation, can do so.

Maybe you feel that fringe users like me don't have the right to make such requests,

but if you ignore the needs of newbies, eventuall, you'll find that there's noone left to

recruit or shoot.

• @ Bladenet.......trust me your English

is just fine and far better than most of today's 20 something American.

• deadline: wednesday (tomorrow) 4pm CET (2pm GMT)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,