Sweet FX ... probs with windows 8

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• The code that the launcher puts up when it shuts the game down is to fast to read,and I always used to use SweetFX on my last installation
    with no problems..it ran fine on my Nvidia GTX 460!!.Is there a way to freeze the launcher so I can read the error code?
    Vardek

Vardek

• Vanilla should work without any problems, I suggest check for system, drivers updates, reinstall CF and set whole FL folder to exceptions in antivirus settings. CF did not changed in last months (graphic related). Are some other launcher graphic settings which works for you? ...

• Well, I think I might be able to help you out, you see, SweetFX can be tricky to use. The one that installs with Crossfire 2.0 didn't work for me either, this is because I use Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise, it will be like that for anyone using Windows 8 and above, SweetFX hates Windows 8 users. What I suggest is this:

Uninstall the SweetFX version installed with Crossfire 2.0. Download ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 here. This works with Windows 8 and with all my games, just make sure you select the correct Direct X level. Then head on to the creator of ENB and download this. (This is optional) it is a DX8 to DX9 converter for DirectX 9 effects.

The ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 you downloaded will unpack with a ReShadeSetup.exe file, which you need to run, select whichever game .exe from your computer you wish to enable these effects on, if the Auto-Detect function fails (Which it usually does) select the DirextX version the game in question uses; this can be gotten with a quick google search or checking the games requirements. In this case, it will be DirectX 8. If you can't launch the game with DirectX 8 while using SweetFX, then install the file you downloaded from enbdev.com. Take note; if you do this, you will have to re-run ReShade Setup and make sure you use the DirectX 9 installation instead, otherwise your game will crash on startup.

Enable the effects you want in the SweetFX_Settings file under the folder "SweetFX" this will depend on your taste, but with the settings I use, the game now look like this:

Before and After
    Before and After

I hope this has helped you. :)

• ok, i have a new computer with Win10 and SweetFX is not working. so i'd like to try, what Legacy-ZA wrote:

but how to "Uninstall the SweetFX version installed with Crossfire 2.0"?

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• It's not working (sweetfx) or only initial videos are displayed as 'black'?

• when i use the SweetFX shader Crossfire doesnt start at all. Atm i use ENB standard and i dont like it very much. and yes, Videos are not working too, but i thought it is a codec problem and i can probably fix it. till now i didnt try it.

Edit by
    nope, it was not a codec problem.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited once, last by denne ().

• Hmm, can test sweetfx Thursday. Will give it a try and see outcome.