Docking problems with Manticore

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• Hi,

Sometimes I have docking problems with Manticore on Trade lane.
    Most of the time ship don't dock on first trade line gate.
    If I choice 2nd trade line gate, I can dock with trade lane.

Another docking problems found: Jump gates. Most of the time (especially when jump gate is in astroid field (like Corridor Jump gate in New London System)) I need more than 5 tries before ship dock with jump gate. Problem is that dock sequence start when ship is to close at jump gate.

• Hi, this what you described is common behaviour for bigger ships (battleships, dreadnought) which more or less depends of specific ship and mainly front profile. If you want move fast on trade-lanes with a BS/DR then you need to learn how to reach it manually in "right" position. Manticore is BIG ship and have irregular front profile which make it hard to pass asteroids, with this you need to rely much more on manual approach to gates/trade lanes.

• THX, m8: I expected this answer :D
    But it would be much easier when you don't hang on very little astroid when you try to dock with jump gate! :D

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• ... easy solution : take a ... "smoother" ship :D (side note : perhaps NOT the Harbinger, it really "embraces" asteroids ^^ )

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)