"Heroic" Histories

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Reading the clan histories of several new and old(er) clans (police as well as pirate)...

"...from the beginning of times..."
    "...ancient masters/brotherhood..."

phew,... sounds all a bit too much like fantasy table top story :P
    (as I am the one, who named all of his chars after (comedy) fantasy figures :D )

And as I'm concerned more with the "police" side of RP,...isn't there a clan being "just cops" ?,
    dirty or not so dirty,
    underpaid,
    afraid of paperworks,
    not loved by anyone,
    not honored by anyone,
    felt as a nuisance to most,
    trying to survive a mean world,
    driven by a seemingly masochistic trait to keep things smooth for the "small men" ? ... Too much as "real life" ? :)

YOU guys are ALL great, as the persons here AND ingame. :sehrgut:
    Just my 2c on police-RP

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Imo every clan which "just RP" is easy coming easy go. I'm sure that this may/will be wrong understood, but it is how I see it and what I saw during my play on CF and there was not exceptions to this :( .

• @ AZ09
    ..how could I ! But I'm thinking more in banana-currency. :D

@Martind
    Ty for your wisdom. I really appreciate it.
    Ofc I'm absolutly convinced, that a proper "history" or "backgroundstory" is a MUST HAVE for a clan to
    work, to give each member a feel for his"role" to "play", or better to "act", to "become" another person
    than he might be in real life. This "acting" is was "Role-Play" is made for. IMHO

I just wanted to express my ... personal discomfort with such "high-minded" backgrounds. It is too high
    for me, to blend in for "being" it and to "feel good" with it.

Why can't there be a clan of "DIRTY HARRY'S" or of a Ankh-Morpocian City Watch :
    Discards of the socity of Sirius and everyday people, that "just"
    want things runnung smooth without too much paperwork.

The difference ? Well, how about that :
    Two groups of hooligans, let's say the fans of soccer clubs like "Cadiz Corsairs" on one side
    and "Ronneburg Red Hessians '05" on the other meet for a ... "proper" nightout.

The "heroic" policeman:
    He goes between them, trying to convince them to leave the path of violence :wissenschaftler: , to "shake hands"
    in the friendly sportsmanship of a Baron de Coubertin (who T F was that?).
    Result:
    Both groups unite in comradeship to shake WITH their hand ... your head, leaving the heroic policeman
    buried under a pile of hooligans. :00007863:

The "Dirty Harry" or "Watchman":
    He, quietly turns the other side :pfeifen: , let them have THEIR patry as they wish :00007991: and after they have
    reduced themself considrably comes around the corner, mopping up the rest .
    Result:
    Two groups of hooligans are taken out of function and the Watchman
    stands ON a pile of hooligans. 8).

No: "In the name of honor" or "for justice, clan and fatherland"
    just a : MAKE MY DAY, PUNK ! :vinsent:
    :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• LOL :D ... you may try SA :D .. we have Bandit as also Pirate in our ranks ... no heroic affairs :rolleyes::tongue: