"Heroic" Histories

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Reading the clan histories of several new and old(er) clans (police as well as pirate)...

"...from the beginning of times..."
    "...ancient masters/brotherhood..."

phew,... sounds all a bit too much like fantasy table top story :P
    (as I am the one, who named all of his chars after (comedy) fantasy figures :D )

And as I'm concerned more with the "police" side of RP,...isn't there a clan being "just cops" ?,
    dirty or not so dirty,
    underpaid,
    afraid of paperworks,
    not loved by anyone,
    not honored by anyone,
    felt as a nuisance to most,
    trying to survive a mean world,
    driven by a seemingly masochistic trait to keep things smooth for the "small men" ? ... Too much as "real life" ? :)

YOU guys are ALL great, as the persons here AND ingame. :sehrgut:
    Just my 2c on police-RP

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• You forgot the donuts and coffee :D

"He who does not learn from the mistakes of the past, is forever doomed to repeat them."

Friends will always be there for you,check on you when your down,and stick with you no matter what happens. that is what a true friend is.
    "I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anybody else to feel like that" Robin Williams

• Imo every clan which "just RP" is easy coming easy go. I'm sure that this may/will be wrong understood, but it is how I see it and what I saw during my play on CF and there was not exceptions to this :( .

• @ AZ09
    ..how could I ! But I'm thinking more in banana-currency. :D

@Martind
    Ty for your wisdom. I really appreciate it.
    Ofc I'm absolutly convinced, that a proper "history" or "backgroundstory" is a MUST HAVE for a clan to
    work, to give each member a feel for his"role" to "play", or better to "act", to "become" another person
    than he might be in real life. This "acting" is was "Role-Play" is made for. IMHO

I just wanted to express my ... personal discomfort with such "high-minded" backgrounds. It is too high
    for me, to blend in for "being" it and to "feel good" with it.

Why can't there be a clan of "DIRTY HARRY'S" or of a Ankh-Morpocian City Watch :
    Discards of the socity of Sirius and everyday people, that "just"
    want things runnung smooth without too much paperwork.

The difference ? Well, how about that :
    Two groups of hooligans, let's say the fans of soccer clubs like "Cadiz Corsairs" on one side
    and "Ronneburg Red Hessians '05" on the other meet for a ... "proper" nightout.

The "heroic" policeman:
    He goes between them, trying to convince them to leave the path of violence :wissenschaftler: , to "shake hands"
    in the friendly sportsmanship of a Baron de Coubertin (who T F was that?).
    Result:
    Both groups unite in comradeship to shake WITH their hand ... your head, leaving the heroic policeman
    buried under a pile of hooligans. :00007863:

The "Dirty Harry" or "Watchman":
    He, quietly turns the other side :pfeifen: , let them have THEIR patry as they wish :00007991: and after they have
    reduced themself considrably comes around the corner, mopping up the rest .
    Result:
    Two groups of hooligans are taken out of function and the Watchman
    stands ON a pile of hooligans. 8).

No: "In the name of honor" or "for justice, clan and fatherland"
    just a : MAKE MY DAY, PUNK ! :vinsent:
    :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• LOL :D ... you may try SA :D .. we have Bandit as also Pirate in our ranks ... no heroic affairs :rolleyes::tongue: