Should I wait for Crossfire 2.0?

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Trinity_.

• Hi there,

Every other year I dig up the old Freelancer disc and go for another rump in the Sirius sector. I rarly mod besides some graphical improvements, so I was rather flabergasted when I discovered that there are huge and very interesting sounding megamods like Crossfire and Discovery. I read the Crossfire faq and then the Crossfire 2.0 Preview on the main page and I saw that everything there is logged on 100% progress.

My question is this:
    Should I play version 1.9 or is the release of 2.0 in the forseeable future and waiting for it is the better course of action?

• Hi there,

Every other year I dig up the old Freelancer disc and go for another rump in the Sirius sector. I rarly mod besides some graphical improvements, so I was rather flabergasted when I discovered that there are huge and very interesting sounding megamods like Crossfire and Discovery. I read the Crossfire faq and then the Crossfire 2.0 Preview on the main page and I saw that everything there is logged on 100% progress.

My question is this:
    Should I play version 1.9 or is the release of 2.0 in the forseeable future and waiting for it is the better course of action?

my answer to that, is start the adrenalin now and get the enjoyment going now and then explode in excitment when 2.0 comes out because it,s been a long time coming and truely worth the wait
    kermit

• kermit is only to be seconded.

It's REALLY highly recommended to start already with CF 1.9.

1st to get used to its nits 'n bits as well as its bites :D

2nd to know already some of your ways around the CF universe
    (don't forget, as far as word is yet : NO CHAR WIPE, all you might have gained, found WIL STAY :w00t: )

3rd ... why waiting for having FUN ? :walklike:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Thanks for your replys, first of all. :)

So, the thing is that I don't have much free time anymore and I'll not be able to play FL just twice in the forseeable future, once with 1.9 and once with 2.0. I don't like games like Freelancer as multiplayer, so I'll play the SP only. If the savegames are compatible between the versions than you guys are right and there is no reason to wait but if they aren't and 2.0 is just a couple of weeks down the road, then I'd rather wait.

I should've probably mentioned that in my opener but it just didn't even cross my mind to play online so I completely forgot. Sorry for that.

• That relativates my 2nd point a bit. ... about the keepable gains for online play.

As far as word goes atm, game saves will be compatible, at least for the
    vanilla storyline, pobably also for the "new CF storyline" so that you can
    - if you wish - continue it just at the moment you finished the storyline
    of CF 1.9.

But due to improvement made to the already existent storyline you might
    miss something, so that I would recommend to play the storyline from the
    point you finished the vanilla part.

But ... nonetheless... I would say my former statement still is still VALID ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

So, the thing is that I don't have much free time anymore and I'll not be able to play FL just twice in the forseeable future, once with 1.9 and once with 2.0. I don't like games like Freelancer as multiplayer, so I'll play the SP only. If the savegames are compatible between the versions than you guys are right and there is no reason to wait but if they aren't and 2.0 is just a couple of weeks down the road, then I'd rather wait.

I should've probably mentioned that in my opener but it just didn't even cross my mind to play online so I completely forgot. Sorry for that.

did i miss something , whats the point of downloading it all a great mod if your only going to play it twice and don,t like it and have not got time.to go through the s/p fully will be a lot of time and 2.0 is still going through the test stage for hopefully release soon. something different ???? :pinch:

• Uh, what??

I didn't mean literally twice as in starting the game only two times and not a single time more. I meant playing through it twice. And that's something I won't have the time to do back to back, because as you well said, that takes a lot of time and even more so with a huge mod like this.

And I never said I don't like the mod. Why would I want to play the mod if I didn't like it? And how would I even know if I do or do not like it, if I've never played it.

@ Nucnuc
    Well, that is doch mal n Wort. ^^ I guess I'll play through the vanilla campaign on 1.9 and then wait for CF2.0. Thank you very much.

[quote='kermit','https://swat-portal.com/forum/index.php/Thread/44474-Should-I-wait-for-Crossfire-2-0/?postID=362110#post362110'][quote='PsychoWedge','https://swat-portal.com/forum/index.php/Thread/44474-Should-I-wait-for-Crossfire-2-0/?postID=362057#post362057']Thanks for your replys, first of all. :)

this pilot is what i quoted :_ the line the thing is i don,t have much free time so i not be able to play freelancer just twice in the future. futher up i don,t like games like freelancer as a m/p so s/p only was the reason i answered. no offence to you was intended keep safe. kermit