Difficulty Slider - what it effects

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Apache.

• Since we have heard recently about the "DIFFICULTY SLIDER to be available for SP in CF 2.0 I wondererd what it might effect, how it "changes " the difficulty scale for the player and since I haven't found any further info on that I just wanna ask : :D

- how many "levels" will there be between bloody redshirt recruit rookie and X-treem veteran fighter-ace master
    - what level will the actual CF 1.9 "difficulty" compare to

- will it effect number of opposing NPCs, like : easy - spawing NPCs in groups of onlv 2 to 4, xtrem - spawning NPCs in groups of 12 to 16
    - will it effct Count of spawning of Npc-groups, like : easy - only 1 or 2 groups, xtrem - 6 to 8 groups in higher frequence
    - will it effect "Persistence" of NPCs, like : easy - NPCs run after being hit 4-5 times or 5 to 10 secs, no more spawing, xtrem - never drop out, respawning-spawning new group every 5 to 10 secs
    - will it effect AI-class of the NPC pilots, like : easy - rookie, xtrem - "master ace"
    - will it effect Missiles- ,CD- ,CM- ,Bots- ,Bats-usage of the NPCs, like : easy - none of it, xtrem - "en' masse" usage
    - will it effect Access to equipment, like : easy - no restrictions on buying ships/weapons/equipment despite reputation, xtrem - ships/weapons/equipment only buyable when "green" with station faction ..... or ...... depending on the( money-?) level you've reached so far

can't think of anything else atm :P

So, what of the mentioned above might it be, or what combination of, or what I coudn't think of yet ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• i think there are 4-5 difficulty scales
    they mostly regulate how much damage your ship takes

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• THX for the quick answer
    ...and...

as assumed : one I didn't think of :P

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• in original Freelancer, difficulty scale means how much damage you take from npc firing at you in single player
    there are some more mods that have sliders for it but you can also find it in a file in your documents

0 means you are invincible
    0.5 means you take half damage
    1.0 means you take normal damage
    2.0 means you take twice as much damage
    and so on
    you can set it on any value you want
    I believe it also works for radiation and mine fields