Video Problems CF1.9

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• So when i Get on to the game you get the Video Trailers Don't You well I get a black screen for all of the Trailer But i can hear it but after the trailers it has the Dark Age 1.9 Page and the rest works fine so how can i get the Video too work ? im Running on Windows 8

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• reason is windows Aero that a transparent layer infront of the normal screen which get gets black if ENB is activated
    In windowed mode the "FL window" is rendered infront of that layer (thats why its working)

for fullscreen mode there are multiple solutions
    1. deactivate Aero completely
    2. deactivate visual designs while FL is running

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Is that on Windows 8(.1) or 7 ?
    Bcs on Windows 8.1 "disable visual themes" is not available, neither is AERO btw. Now it is called Desktop Window Manager (DWM) :|
    Compatibility administrator and the old setting "Disable Visual Themes" for more information.
    But this is only when using ENB (and not Vanilla FL) in settings. So it's still an issue and don't know if it can be fixed.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• dunno about windows 8 (nobody really uses this crap ^^)

in windows 7... if installed 100% correctly and if allowed by UAC then the visual designs should get automatically deactivated when starting FL
    (the CF installer should automatically do the necessary registry changes for that)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!