constant crashing to the desktop, crash after crash after crash, ugh...

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Have I said that my problems are over?
    Hey, theCrossfire keeps crashing to desktop all the time. It minimalises, only sound is played, then it crashes. Reload seemd to help, till now. But after looking into trader's inventory at the West Point it crashed more seriously. After the reload, the inventory of the trader at West Point was empty. Next re-load and the Freelancer will not even start. I am reinstalling the thing right now, but I am starting to loose my patience with this buggy mess of a mod...

• I am using Windows XP, and I have only the administrator account in it. "Run as administrator" is not an issue in XP. One of the reasons I sick to it.

• The biggest problem with CF is usually not with mod, but between chair and keyboard :). You need follow precisely installation and activation steps because not doing so will lead to many different kind of problems. Next to this is one recommended thing which is mentioned here: index.php?page=Article&articleID=966&languageID=1#How to avoid graphic problems while playing Freelancer Situation when "CF do not want start" can happen only because your system do not closed it properly and in memory is still loaded Freelancer.exe (in such case is needed close this process manually).

• OK. After the Reinstall, the crash persists. To be exact, after clicking at the pharmaceuticals in the West Point Academy trader I am back to the desktop, Freelancer is in the task bar. After clicking it, there is just a sound. I have no choice but to kill the Freelancer.exe process. What shall I do?
    Also, is there a way to download the complete Crossfire 1.9 mod once and for all? I mean, so I am not forced to wait for the 200 files to download again and again?

"And wait for the launcher to update dynamic economy."
    How I do that?

(And how on Earth one is using quote feature on this forum)

• Yes, it does. (I have to wait for 200 files to download only after the reinstall.)
    Also, it is just Pharmaceuticals. I can safely click Engine Components, Vodka, Scrap Metal and Water. But once I click Pharmaceuticals, wellcome to the desktop.

EDIT: I did that adding GPU thingy, but it changs nothing. Crashing persists. Also in my flconfigdatabase.txt file there was no geforce cards added by Louva-Deus, only the radeons.

Edited once, last by pomor: i have tried one more thing ().

• SWAT_OP-R8R: This crash when you touch Pharmaceuticals is real. Tested just now in 1.9 SP. (will try test also in 2.0 dev)

Crash details:
    [expander]Název chybující aplikace: Freelancer.exe, verze: 1.0.1223.11, časové razítko: 0x00534d69
    Název chybujícího modulu: Freelancer.exe, verze: 1.0.1223.11, časové razítko: 0x00534d69
    Kód výjimky: 0xc0000094
    Posun chyby: 0x0008381a
    ID chybujícího procesu: 0x330
    Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01cf62532cc37f7b
    Cesta k chybující aplikaci: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe
    Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe
    ID zprávy: a87f5e4f-ce47-11e3-8135-7ce9d3dcd2a5

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-04-27T20:08:12.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>37309</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>*******</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>Freelancer.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.1223.11</Data>
    <Data>00534d69</Data>
    <Data>Freelancer.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.1223.11</Data>
    <Data>00534d69</Data>
    <Data>c0000094</Data>
    <Data>0008381a</Data>
    <Data>330</Data>
    <Data>01cf62532cc37f7b</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe</Data>
    <Data>a87f5e4f-ce47-11e3-8135-7ce9d3dcd2a5</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>[/expander]

Edit by
    in dev is there not this commodity for buy

Edit by
    game crashed also in MP once I click on Pharmaceuticals on West Point

• SilverFox: in the past also someone else mentioned crash for some commodity on West Point. And this crashing was only there (on West Point).

Edit by
    my previous post updated

• That's

But I think you need a Trade Route Calculator

While, I appreciate your intention, I am not looking for the most profitable trade route. Not now, at least. I just finished the first mission and explored the N.York system.
    Damn it, whenever I feel the urge for some freelancing, something stupid happens and kills the mood.

BTW, sorry for the harsh words, did not mean to lash out like that. It is very good mod, as a matter of fact, it may be the very reason I got so annoyed.

• Quote from Martind Forlon

Next to this is one recommended thing which is mentioned here: index.php?page=Article&articleID=966&languageID=1#How to avoid graphic problems while playing Freelancer

Following this guide I added 0x6014 = "GeForce 9800 GT" into the file, and from now on, when starting Freelancer, I keep getting unhanded exception 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' in Freelancer.exe [1064]
    After that I restart, and it starts like normal. What gives?

• For myself it solved problem with megaroids, which were not visible on my home PC before. I got used to automatically update in flconfigdatabase every time once I activate CF.