Request info and help from new player:-)

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

• Hi guys,
    i've installed yerterday freelancer and crossfire 1.9. Fantastic!! but i've some question for u:

1.i saw some youtube crossfire video in wich people fly on the planet (orbital fly)!! is it possible with this mod? i didn't see this feature on the list..if so, how can i? in which planet?
    2.i began the open sp game, but i can't fire with my right mouse button. i can only fire my weapons if i press 1 or 2 keys..why?? (i need to try in the normal sp mode)
    3.I saw i've a tractor beam on my ship..how it works?
    4.i saw many of the key on the original manual don't works..its normal? for example, how can i change my target?
    5.if i begin the normal sp mode, can i play also the new crossfire campaign at a certain point of the story (so i can choose how continue my game) or i need to finish main quest and so begin new?

thanks a lot for your answers and sorry if they'r so many questions!:-))

• hi there and welcome to Crossfire's universe :)

1. there is only 1 planet with "orbital fly": "Planet Lost Paradise" located in system "Lost Paradise ". u will find it, if u continue the sp-story.
    2. dunno, never played open-sp.
    3. usually u press "B" and it tractors stuff from space to ur cargo-bay. stuff could be commodities, equipments, nanobots, batteries, escape-pods (very valuable if u sell them at prisons ;) ) ...
    4. press F1 and then "options" and then "controls" and find out :)
    5. play normal-sp, finish the vanilla-story and the crossfire-campaign will start. u cannot use old vanilla-saves.

i hope to see u out there (on multiplayer-server of course) 8)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• thank u so much denne! i've solved point 1, 2 (looking at forum) and 5..but:

3. tractor beam works only with something to collect in front of my ship? shouldn't i ear some kind of "sound effect" when i press "B" anyway?
    4. yep, i made that! ..so in FL can i only target ships/stations/items with "T" or pointing at them and pressing left mouse button? no specific targeting? enemy, nearest enemy, friendly stations etc? i saw in the left corner of hud is possible to target nearest enemy but with mouse cursor on it..is there simply a button to make that action?

thanks again

• 3. yes, u can tractor only stuff, that is in tractor's range. this range is depending on ur tractor. maybe u have noticed, that there are different of them for sale on most stations/planets. pls have a look at their stats.
    4. well, with F1-options-controls u should be able to change the settings. i think most players use the "r"-button for targeting the next enemy (means red-colored NPC or player in MP, the colors of other players or NPC-s depend on ur reputation with the particular faction the other one is affiliated with).

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• thanks again denne..

in multiplayer game is it possible to roam all the sectors, planets etc like in single player or there are some restrictions? may i become whatever i want, go wherever i like? so, is FL multiplayer like the SP but with humans?

• in MP u are more free than in SP, but there are some restrictions concerning entering special sectors. for some systems u get access only, when u fulfill quests (the same quests like in crossfire-SP-campaign).

uhm, ok, then we have some systems rented by clans and it is polite to ask clan-members before u enter their systems. but usually u won't have any problems :)

• Ok i understood many things now! thanks..i think to begin with main quest in sp to learn more about the game so i can try to go in MP!!..see u

• Hi fulghore,

welcome and try also look on Starter Guide in CF Wiki here on portal: link

• You can change most all of your key settings under the options menus, and if you have multiple mouse buttons or a 3rd party game controller, the key bindings can be configured there. The tractor beam is one of the most important pieces of equipment, since it is used to take the most valuable loot, like Black Boxes (found on wrecks). When CF 2.0 is released, it will also be important to discard old savegames from CF 1.9, to prevent startup issues. Good Flying!

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)