1.9 SP Won't Restart

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Great mod; I undestand how much work is involved as I was part of the modding team for X3's DDRS & DDTC mods for 3+ years.
    Re: FL, I was a fan of the original Big Daddy mod--back in the day, but find his storyline mod too much. Crossfire is much more balanced, fun and polished. Played several hours last night and got totally hooked.

However, when I tried to fire up Crossfire today...it wouldn't launch. Am on Win7; but have set FLMM v1.31 to compatibility mode for XP SP2, ran it as administrator, etc. as I did last night But no dice.
    So de-activated 1.9; then reactivated. Now even the vanilla game won't start.
    Am assuming somehow I've corrupted file structure and need to do complete uninstall/reinstall.

Question: Can I make backups of my v1.9 Saves and then paste them into my Cf1.9 saves folder once the mod is activated (so I don't have to start over every time this happens)??

Question: There are quite a few slightly different forum entries on how to install/activate/start FL, FLMM with Win7. Is there an OFFICIAL CFmod Thread on this topic (so I can get it right)??

Question: Does CF store saves in its' own folder (like BDSL mod) in My Games/Freelancer ?? Notice that some of my CF saves are not present in the list of saves...

• Hello Hieronymos2,

welcome here and CF mod!. To your questions:

Question: Can I make backups of my v1.9 Saves and then paste them into my Cf1.9 saves folder once the mod is activated (so I don't have to start over every time this happens)??

Yes, you can return and use them.

Question: There are quite a few slightly different forum entries on how to install/activate/start FL, FLMM with Win7. Is there an OFFICIAL CFmod Thread on this topic (so I can get it right)??

Yes is ... look on important threads HERE. Guides like are in FAQ here and here and some other only give little more details which can help (especially files write protection did problems for more players).

Question: Does CF store saves in its' own folder (like BDSL mod) in My Games/Freelancer ?? Notice that some of my CF saves are not present in the list of saves...

CF use exactly the same folder for SP saves as vanilla FL.

And Activate/deactivate for sure mess CF install, its rly huge mod. If you want "reinstall" CF, you need to start with fresh FL install.

• and of couese welcome to the community

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Followed instructions here: index.php?page=Thread&postID=333847&highlight=#post333847 Game then launches and plays fine for 1-5 hours until a ctd...
    But have problem that once CF1.9 ctd's which it does after every few hours of gameplay, or I exit program, CF1.9 'nor even vanilla if I deactivate mod, will work. Complete uninstall/reinstall then required. Which is getting old, as I've done it 5 times so far. Do not have this problem with vanilla. But who wants to play vanilla? ..I've amassed >5million credits bagging Rogues and selling them to the Texas prisons--saving up for that amazingly hot VHF for sale on Pittsburgh. Or the +40% Power Booster on Los Angeles...prior to the Escape From Liberty mission sequence. So I'm in too deep to bail. But had I known ahead of time of the stability issues..I would've looked for a more stable mod.

So any other ideas on how to make CF1.9 more stable?

Btw: Have Never gotten option to customize CF on startup (choices as specified in mod readme). Unless I've goofed as to how they're accessed.

Also: When launching first time, always get a "FL doesn't recognize your GPU" popup. Am using a brand new MSI laptop with an NVIDIA GTX660M.

• Hello Hieronimo, look here: index.php?page=Article&articleID=966&languageID=1#How to avoid graphics problems while playing Freelancer (in wiki is stored much more info.

New launcher looks: .

You need download all updates.

Edit by
    In "old" launcher you should then see message that you now need start MP. Reach Main Menu, close CF and restart, you should have now new launcher.