Crossfire 1.9

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by darkwraith007.

• Is there any Way you can lower the difficulty with the single player..... The graphics are brill with this mod but it is just to difficult..... Please help cos I really wanna play this game bug it looks s...t in normal mode

• Go to My Documents, My Games, Freelancer, PerfOptions and there in the lower you will find DIFFICULTY_SCALE = 1.00 (make it lower like 0.50 uou will take half damage 0.00 you will not take any damage or if you want to be harder make it 1.50 or 2.00, you can make it like 0.25 or 1.25 you can make it how you want :)

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Have a look at these video's about how to fight :) index.php?page=Thread&threadID=25139
    Lowering the difficulty is not recommended - the mod is made this way on purpose.
    Later you can increase that value :D

Also use guns with same projectile speed, so you can aim better. There's a lot of threads here about this.

Safe flying pilot.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Well yes, Fox is right, but i give this, because it have players who say that is verry hard and get off from the mod before they try MP, because they can't complete the SP.
    So... this is really not recommended, but if you see that you can't to nothing, then you can do thism but first try to practice little and then make your decision.

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Yeah, I was cheating in SP, but at least I never asked what the hell Inner Core is or never asked "Where from have you got those guns" a player armed with Coalition Gatlings. Awareness FTW.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• This isn't an 'easy' mod. It is purposefully designed to have a certain skill-level requirement in order to proceed.

We're assuming the player has completed the single player vanilla campaign. Even in Vanilla, the end-game wasn't as easy as people thought it was. It was just easily exploitable AI. But if you ran off and got focused you could get shot down very quickly. In fact, many of the 'Escape from Rhineland' missions in Vanilla campaign were so tough that I did have to do the 'invincibility cheat' via modifying that Difficulty Scale thing just to get past that one part.

Some of the situations they put you in during Vanilla campaign were Kobiyashi-Maru style 'no win' scenarios unless you run off and hide to regen while your allies did most of the dirty work. It wasn't very well-balanced, but it was sufficient enough to present a challenge for people at least. I just wish the difficulty had been more dynamic rather than static. You play better? Then the enemies learn and adapt to become harder/stronger/faster. If you keep dying then you might be presented with a token to take half damage or double your shield/hull durability (only with the starter ships).

For CrossFire, a certain level of difficulty is to be expected, but I do believe that the 'newbie token' to help out against the starter NPCs (and only usable in the StarFlier) might have helped make this mod more accessible. The token could even mention and promote the multiplayer as a way to learn from other players :)