freelancer could not find a capable 3d card-----etc.

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Hello,
    Dug out some old games and was running freelancer quite happily until I came across Hovis grrr. I do not want to race him any more. I heard about the mod and went ahead well after a full day messing it up it seems I have the mod happily installed. Well it looks right anyway nice green tick in the mod manager. when I launch i just get the above message no 3d "capable card." fatal error, It is an onboard intel chip that as I say ran freelancer ok but freelancer warned and gave an open GL option (I think) and ran great. SO can you help pls with:-
    1 workaround for video card problem (I have scoured the net and found some options that are supposed to turn off 3d or something but cannot make sense of them)Intel 82915G 64meg
    2 Can someone just let me know if my fresh installation should have the official freelancer patch installed or not and if any no-cd patch would spoil the mod
    By the way I found the enable support for old cards option in the mod setup and enabled that and uninstalled everything and started again-- to no avail (?)
    Thanks anyone, this mod looks huge I do hope I can get it to work
    Bill

• Hello Bill,

welcome here. For your questions: you not need any patch for FL installation. For graphics problems : try this: Information: How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer and Information: Crossfire 1.9 - Installation Instructions

• Well, the first link in Forlon's post should fix any issue with newer/modern graphic cards.

Good luck, and keep us informed to see if all goes well :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis