my PC plans MKII

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• I am deciding to buy an alienware x51 (yes an OEM machine :S) and adding a few upgrades to it. Building a custom PC even with the same parts as the x51 is turning out to be more expensive over on this side of the world :verwirrt:

specs:
    intel core i7 @3.4 GHz
    8 gb of ram --> +4 gb ram
    GTX 555 --> radeon sapphire hd 7870
    1 tb sata
    super compact case

good pc?

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• It should be, but as I haven't tested any, good luck with it, parts compatibility and general PC's stability :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It gets expensive with that upgrade - just about 1500 € ?

There are some negative reviews on lack off power (230W PSU) and some other things.
    I am a little puzzled by the tech specs -> Dual channel memory (old tech.) and a i7 processor (very new tech.) wich supports quad channel memory.

The Aurora looks much better, but is also much more expensive. small computers gets HOT.

Why not build your own with a fancy case ? or even a graphical workstation (thats what you do - right ).

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• good pc?

Depends how many shaders the video has , its speed , as well as the speed of the RAM , the cache of the processor , etc. Small details which you must take a look at before buying a PC. Not every " highest " in numbers product it's the best. You need to pay attention of what characteristics it has if you want to buy a really good PC.

But since it's an Alienware , these PCs are ... well, alien. I am sure that they putted up everything latest and best from the market.

• Alienware will crap out on your between 6 months to a year. ever since Dell bought it, it became shite

your better off building it from scratch. it's cheaper, you know what your getting and there is more satisfaction when you say "Yeah...that's my new computer...."

and it makes no sense to buy a 1500 dollar computer only to pay 200-300 more for the upgrades (bulk being the new graphics card...

why pay someone do build you a computer when you can do it yourself...it isn't terribly hard (heck i'll teach you). plus because it's essentially a fancy OEM Dell, you get all sorts of bloatware, limitations on the CPU and other BS not needed. and a compact case will fry that computer quicker than something really really fast. if you're doing that, get liquid cooling (or a bigger case) the compact cases won't have room for too many upgrades. the 7870 is a physically big card from the manufacturer 9/10 times. if it's from dell, and in a small case, you wont get to utilize the full extent of the 7870. even if you manage to jam it in there, the lack of circulation and heat from due to case limitations will cook your $200 graphics card. small profile = less performance = less enjoyable gameplay and shorter computer lifespan...

you'll be pay up to $500 less if you build it yourself...